Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

WOW!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Canon 50/0.95 is not a bad lens, contrary to a relatively widespread opinion. As stated by Lightshow, it's definitely not a landscape lens. But for low light photography, portrait, flowers, etc. it can be a really fun lens.

Mine is a video lens that has been adapted to Leica mount and I bought it a few years ago, when the prices were not over-inflated because of the mirrorless craze. It has the particularity to be rangefinder coupled but without having the cutout in the rear element to allow for the focusing cam to pass through. Here's how does the rangefinder lens usually look (note the cam protruding through the rear element):

Instead of the cutout, mine has a metal tab that pushes the roller inside the camera body:

The lens has also retained its lens lock lever, which is required because the large diameter of the barrel blocks the access to the lens lock on the camera body (or on the adapter):

Here are a few pictures taken today:

Cheers!

Abbazz