Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Worst Ebay purchase under four years
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Worst Ebay purchase under four years Reply with quote

As usual I buy several items and Bill or Andy collect them me in USA and I get them in batch. Many thanks!

Now I am pretty upset , I bought three items with trouble.

#1 Konica Auto SE rare camera advertised as in fully working order.

Click here to see on Ebay

In fact nothing works on it, battery cover un-removable, shutter, range finder not works...

I am looking for seller response...

#2 Konica Hexanon 200mm f3.5 lens

advertised as trouble free lens, aperture is broken...

#3 Tamron 24mm f2.8 from UK

I got it very cheap, seller declared 15 GBP insured, registered shipping cost. Real cost is 7-10 GBP depend from packaging.

I got it in a bubble envelope as simple mail... not registered ...

#4 Konica FS-1 from same seller as lens.

Battery contacts are corroded like hell...

Seems need to give some negative feedbacks even if I rare or never did it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to read that.
I too have noticed that lately the quality of seller performance has lowered.
For this reason, I seldom buy anymore on Ebay except from established sellers that I know I can trust, such as Photo Huppert or Exaklaus or Stil22 (there are some others too)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about your latest purchases. If it may be of any help, I too had an FS-1 with corroded contacts (the battery compartment was full of green stuff everywhere), but some sandpaper and lots of patience managed to revive it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes it's worth making a claim but they always ask you to send the item back so sometimes it costs more than it's worth but I would definately leave negative feedback, a seller shouldn't lie regardless if the item was £1 or £1000 it's dishonest and unprofessional and they shouldn't feel like they can get away with it.

So many sellers I have had problems with act as if a low price justifies a false description. They think because it's online they can make up the rules.

Bad feedback hits them where it hurts.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
Sorry about your latest purchases. If it may be of any help, I too had an FS-1 with corroded contacts (the battery compartment was full of green stuff everywhere), but some sandpaper and lots of patience managed to revive it.

Yes I will give it a try for sure, thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatdeeman wrote:
Sometimes it's worth making a claim but they always ask you to send the item back so sometimes it costs more than it's worth but I would definately leave negative feedback, a seller shouldn't lie regardless if the item was £1 or £1000 it's dishonest and unprofessional and they shouldn't feel like they can get away with it.

So many sellers I have had problems with act as if a low price justifies a false description. They think because it's online they can make up the rules.

Bad feedback hits them where it hurts.

Yes, this is my opinion too.They are even more stupid, risk a negative feedback on a cheap item like these.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.google.hu/#hl=hu&safe=off&q=darjons+ebay&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=548c769e12174436

two hrs left and they are on top of Google Smile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you paid by paypal, you can always make a claim for your money refunded as item NOT as described.
Alternatively if paid by credit card, get your card company to reclaim the amount from seller on the same grounds

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry for that, too.

Just today I got another Fujica ST801 with Fujinon 55/1.8 and camera didn't work. Winder totally loose. Shutter is dead. Declared good condition. It was quite good price too. Fortunately lens is fair functional. Only minor fungus at edges. But otherwise clean a make great shots.
Looks that ebay is about luck many times!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trev wrote:
If you paid by paypal, you can always make a claim for your money refunded as item NOT as described.
Alternatively if paid by credit card, get your card company to reclaim the amount from seller on the same grounds

Yes, but return shipping cost is significant amount in this case what Paypal will never pay back. I hope I able to make good agreement with both sellers.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spleenone wrote:
I am sorry for that, too.

Just today I got another Fujica ST801 with Fujinon 55/1.8 and camera didn't work. Winder totally loose. Shutter is dead. Declared good condition. It was quite good price too. Fortunately lens is fair functional. Only minor fungus at edges. But otherwise clean a make great shots.
Looks that ebay is about luck many times!

Yes, I did purchased more than three hundred items trouble free so not much reason to cry Laughing no I am over on first upset, now time to work on how can I get my money back. None of the seller looks bad, so I hope.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about these rubbish purchases Attila. I've found the ones to be wary of are those selling camera equipment from house clearances etc. The sellers will usually list as spares / repairs because they really don't know (honest) or just lie and say it's all mint (bastards!).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Sorry to hear about these rubbish purchases Attila. I've found the ones to be wary of are those selling camera equipment from house clearances etc. The sellers will usually list as spares / repairs because they really don't know (honest) or just lie and say it's all mint (bastards!).

Yes, worst thing was Konica SE very hard to find a working one, I was so happy I did it eh.. and I found an un-fixable garbage... this was nasty. Seller did offer return so I did open a claim at Paypal and I will return it. Good new is Konica FS-1 at least works after contact cleaning , seller also did not describe garbage looking contacts and broken aperture lens came from same seller.

Tamron 24 what we did talk about , used but no serious trouble , I gave positive feedback for seller and I did not notice 200% shipping cost due final price was cheap really.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear this, Attila! I didn't test any of the items you bought. I'm
wondering if the seller wil try to blame me, since I'm the intermediary. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Sorry to hear this, Attila! I didn't test any of the items you bought. I'm
wondering if the seller wil try to blame me, since I'm the intermediary. Evil or Very Mad
This not your fault , no problem at all. One of the seller yes did try Twisted Evil Under years less than 10 cases , pretty good result. I got promise from both sellers for refund let we see.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know how things work out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is the Tamron OK then?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, okay.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My worst purchase on ebay was for a Zeiss ZE 35/2. Seller sent me a Zeiss Contax G2 Planar 35mm f2. He used pics from someone else's auction and claimed the lenses were similar enough. Had to send it back with insurance and delivery confirmation and so I wound up losing $50 on the transaction but much better than $770. Then the idiot relisted it with the same deceptive ad and ebay allowed it. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ersatz wrote:
My worst purchase on ebay was for a Zeiss ZE 35/2. Seller sent me a Zeiss Contax G2 Planar 35mm f2. He used pics from someone else's auction and claimed the lenses were similar enough. Had to send it back with insurance and delivery confirmation and so I wound up losing $50 on the transaction but much better than $770. Then the idiot relisted it with the same deceptive ad and ebay allowed it. Evil or Very Mad

If a seller did that to me, I'd have sent police after him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He used pics from someone else's auction and claimed the lenses were similar enough

Shocked one word=Crook!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: Worst Ebay purchase under four years Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
As usual I buy several items and Bill or Andy collect them me in USA and I get them in batch. Many thanks!

Ah, so that mysterious buyer "i***9" is YOU! Smile

Good luck with the claims.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear mate!

Best thing to do is to talk to the seller and get the money back before escalating the issue ... though, from experience I can tell you that ebay/paypal favor the buyer more than the seller so even if you did want to kick him in his balls before saying "Hello", you still should easily get your money back

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ersatz wrote:
Did he know what he was selling? Amazing!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Same here Reply with quote

Discounts24 advertised excellent Jupiter 37A lens, lens cap, lens case and new adapter mount.

When I bought it, he actually asked me which mount do I want and even gave me the shipping reference.

However, what I got was a poor condition 37A, no lens cap, no lens case and certainly no adapter mount.

I questioned the seller and he responded that he always use same advertisement and said he does not have the time to take pictures of what he sells. He offered me USD10 for positive feedback.

Lucky I kept all correspondence and after ebay viewed them via a case that I filed, I could not find the seller's id.

I also found on his ebay store his url...www.top35mm.com...watch out guys...

Twisted Evil