Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Won a Pentax Spotmatic on ebay
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter, yes it has the red arrow between f4 and f8 plus the protruding
metal rim by the rear element, and the cat does look a little yellow! Laughing

need to place this in sickbay for a week or two or three.... Wink

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the last shot before the 50/1.4 goes into sickbay. This was taken
at dusk, light fading, would've had to use a flash if not for f1.4:

Bill

Last edited by Katastrofo on Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the purple and green Bill.

Here's a pic I took today with the Super Takumar 1.4/50 to show you how well the cure works. Untouched apart from sizing.

100% crop

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, Peter, and untinted blue sky! Smile Definitely something to look
forward to, are those apricots? I'm looking at this on my laptop at work,
not the best for ID'ing something.

Thanks for the tips and info!

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
are those apricots?

I wish! Too cold here for Apricots. This is a young tree with yellow berries, called Sorbus Aucuparia or Rowan I don't think it's native in USA.

There used to be a very old one in our garden but it was damaged by a storm and became diseased, so we had to cut it down. We planted a new one about 2 years ago.

Quote:
Thanks for the tips and info!

I read a couple of forums talking about yellowed lenses where the general opinion was that yellowed lenses were shot and should be given the Ayling treatment (smashed with a sledgehammer). But I'd also read about the sunshine cure so I thought "I've got nothing to lose" and I gave it a go. I'm glad I did, but here it took months through the winter with mostly cloudy skies, weak sunshine and short days. In your neck of the woods it will be MUCH quicker! Very Happy[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re yellow lenses; I've read that using a UV lamp rather than sunlight can speed the process up a bit.

I don't have any lenses that suffer from the malady so don't know if this is correct.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've even heard of people considering sunbeds to clear their tak... I can imagine the funny looks at the health club as they sit reading the paper while their lens soaks up the rays Laughing

It's definitely worth clearing though, the yellowing of the image can be fixed on the pc but it also causes a loss in light transmission which is never a good thing, anyway congratulations on a bargain.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One could always eschew colour in favour of monochrome - that way you'd have a built in filter..... Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, taking the wee thing into a tanning salon would start to add up
over time. I'm in Alabama, lots of sunshine!