Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Woman with Helios-103 on A7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Woman with Helios-103 on A7 Reply with quote

Hi

Some days ago, I made kind of trailer (for nothing). Was first time I did video. I don't have any gear related to video. So sequences were stabilized in PP, and I used Adobe Premiere to finalize.
I had some fun playing with OOF for atmospher. Scenes were shot in La Defense, Paris.
Lens is Helios-103 53mm/1.8 in kiev/contax mount.

https://vimeo.com/99088083

Hope you apreciated it Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed watching it, good ideas, good scenes well edited. incredible that you never did video before.
the only small critizism, though maybe it was on purpose, quite a few times her face is in full shadow, I would have preferred if it was with light more often

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes a good first effort. I'm not sure about the start, I wasn't sure if Vimeo was playing up. The black screen lasted a little longer than was comfortable but apart from that a very good video.

I have been videoing for years now and do all my edits in Movie Maker. I have dabbled with Premiere but I can't even import the video properly. I only do home movies and the odd wedding - although the wedding vids are just the ceremony filmed with 2 cameras. Usually as a low cost extra to my stills photgraphy.

What camera were you using?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely clip. I really like it. Smile
What is she saying around the 1:18 mark?

The stabilisation is actually an interesting effect in its own right. The image warps and warbles, but I actually like it a lot.
I ended up with a spider rig for my birthday (my wife is great) and can't wait to try it out for some handheld shooting with long lenses.

R