Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

wollensak 25/1.9 & ep1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: wollensak 25/1.9 & ep1 Reply with quote

well now that ive been b****ing and moaning about what i cant do w the ep1 because of focusing and noise, time came to try and settle down and see if i could get some nice images out of the new girl. i think below monochrome are cool because i thought it went well with the vignetting caused by the lens. turning to the lens, i found it sharp, atmospheric, with good color saturation and neat bokeh. c&c always welcome. PLEASE CLICK ON EACH PHOTO FOR BEST RESOLUTION.

first the monochrome:

now for some color:

and cool bokeh:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, not one comment--i thought these were pretty cool! guess i was wrong...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
Well, to be honest with you, I took a look several times on your pictures (this post I mean) and on my screen, it's looks like not so “attractive” samples Confused ...Contrast/colours and overall rendition are unfortunately not so nice and the pictures looks like really flat Confused ..I'm sorry to tell you that and I hope you will not be angry, but it's my point of view and I can't say I like it, otherwise I will lie to you Wink .....
But it’s not only a prb with your pictures, it’s more the prb of this sub-forum (c-mount lens) I think, c-mount lens is quite a small word I guess Rolling Eyes .....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's ok man, i appreciate your taking the time to comment. to be honest, i seem to have a problem in that the pictures i upload to this forum seem to look quite different from what i see on my monitor. for example, the color portrait really pops on my monitor, and has quite a deep depth of field with very good clarity of the snow covered berry bush in the background.

i have the same issue with some other members pictures as well--what i see seems much different from what they upload. its too bad because then there is not an accurate representation of what some lenses can do. i was quite happy with this lens and unfortunately its qualities didnt come across....

can i ask if there is any difference if you 'click' on the photos? for me the contrast and accuity change a fair amount.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you are right, it's much better when you click on the picture, but then is the picture a little bit to small to give good comments Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, i just dont know how to fix this problem, but thank you for taking the time to revisit the photos!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think when you upload the picture, you have to indicate a size in the "Custom size:" box; 800 pixel for example and then, when you click on the picture, the size of the picture will be max 800 pixel .....I don't know for sure if that is your question (or your prb!) but you can always try and see if that helps Rolling Eyes ...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the shot of the road. The vignetting on that shot really works for me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks! i very much appreciate that! at 1.9 there is virtually no vignetting--can remove easily w pp. as you stop down it increases, but i thought w sepia or b&w it could become a plus instead of a minus!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it when someone puts an extraordinary lens on a cam.

The vignetting is pretty heavy, so I can understand your decision for b/w.

Thanks for showing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the silver version right? Surprised

Just remeber to unscrew the sunshade for less vignetting. This lens shouldn´t vignett att all, or at least very little on m43 system Wink

See my thread: http://forum.mflenses.com/wollensak-1-inch-f-1-9-t53293.html

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so funny how a thread can resuscitate--this is just over three years old, and six cameras ago! it was a very nice combination.
tony

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
so funny how a thread can resuscitate--this is just over three years old, and six cameras ago! it was a very nice combination.
tony

Laughing