Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wings Over Houston Air Show
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Wings Over Houston Air Show Reply with quote

Well, since we do have an AF section here at MFlenses, I thought I'd share some shots I took on Sunday at the WOH air show. I brought two cameras with me -- a Canon XS (1000D) and a Canon F-1. With my XS, I mostly used my EF 75-300, and with the F-1 I used my Tamron SP 60-300, shooting Kodak Elite Chrome. I have to send the slides off for processing. When I get them back, I'll post some of the results. In the mean time, though, here are a few captures from the XS/EF 75-300.

The US Nave Blue Angels aerobatic team were in attendance, and put on their typically exemplary show. They always start the show by sending their C-130 (aka "Fat Albert") aloft in a rather spectacular fashion.

18" wingtip-to-wingtip and 18" wingtip-to-canopy.

The McDonnel-Douglas F-15E Eagle

An AV-8B Harrier heating up the tarmac during a vertical landing:

A trio of P-51s known as The Horsemen, the only P-51 aerobatic team in existance:

A Grumman F4F:

I'll post more later.

Last edited by cooltouch on Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Canon AF lens look impressive. Good sharpness & saturation. Nice work.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha, another aircraft shootist... Wink Cool

Agree about that 70-300 - not bad at all.

Shots are great - especially the Mustangs and Wildcat.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish it were the 70-300. The lens I have is the 75-300, a much cheaper "kit" lens. Still, I think it did a surprisingly good job. Better than I expected, to be honest. Great color saturation and very good sharpness.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
I wish it were the 70-300. The lens I have is the 75-300, a much cheaper "kit" lens. Still, I think it did a surprisingly good job. Better than I expected, to be honest. Great color saturation and very good sharpness.

My mistake - somehow I got it into my head it was a 70-300... Embarassed

Anyway, that 75-300 did good, real good.

But you played a bigger part... Cool Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1