Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fine+Raw Fuji X-E1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Fine+Raw Fuji X-E1 Reply with quote

I recently bought this camera. I have not had much success shooting .jpeg so
I switched to fine+raw. However the raw files are only 1920x1280 in dimension.
What is wrong?
Thank you for any help.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Fine+Raw Fuji X-E1 Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
I recently bought this camera. I have not had much success shooting .jpeg so
I switched to fine+raw. However the raw files are only 1920x1280 in dimension.
What is wrong?
Thank you for any help.

Check raw converter software settings...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

solved ?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes sorry about not replying.
The small size was for some jpeg thumbnail preview.
It was coming up because I did not have the proper software to read the raw file.

Now I am doing fine, but still more to learn.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's the problem with the jpegs ?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have several settings for jpegs , and I suppose the soft is similar with that I have on the X-20 small sensor cam.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo wrote:
what's the problem with the jpegs ?

I just didn't like it that all of the jpegs had to have some film simulation added to it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact , they are just some names given to the classic "Standard" ,Portrait" ,"Landscape" ,"Vivid " .Each these can be adjusted and customised by you after your taste .

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo wrote:
In fact , they are just some names given to the classic "Standard" ,Portrait" ,"Landscape" ,"Vivid " .Each these can be adjusted and customised by you after your taste .

Interesting.
Do you shoot jpegs with your camera or raw?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
Teo wrote:

Interesting.
Do you shoot jpegs with your camera or raw?

Jpeg . Some simple PP nothing special ,sharpening ,contrast ,exp when needed for uploading on web .You can see the results on my flickr.
I allways pp on jpegs no matter the camera ,sony ,Canon or Fuji .Question of taste.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/44698004@N02/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's new with your Fuji ? Have you used a bit with it ?
Mine gives the images a bit low on brightness because the camera tends to compensate the highlights clipping

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo wrote:
What's new with your Fuji ? Have you used a bit with it ?
Mine gives the images a bit low on brightness because the camera tends to compensate the highlights clipping

I have been trying out my new Nikon Micro Nikkor 3.5/50, a lens taken from a broken folding camera and other lenses.
I am only using the Fujifilm camera these days. I am still getting the hang of it. I will post some photos soon.