Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Why technical perfection doesn't always matter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Why technical perfection doesn't always matter Reply with quote

So maybe it's the eye of a proud father, but these two photos convey emotion and the moment for me... despite the technical limitations. I was finishing the roll and set exposure to what I thought I could get away with - f/2.8 (wide open) or slightly closed (3.2?) at 1/30 sec, HP5+, T-Max developer. The usual Epson 4490 and a ton of spotting work. Retina IIc with the Xenon 2.8/50.

Our daughter is on the right.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the first one - great capture at the right moment!

You have a beautiful daughter too. I'm sure you're proud of her! And at least she does not complain when photographed (at least not during that shoot Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is refreshing to see shots of life being lived.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster,

These are the pictures which will be treasured and remembered for the years - and indeed decades - to come, where the camera club prize-winners have long been forgotten.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks - yes, she's got her mother's smile... and is a pretty good photographer too, stole my Spotmatic a year ago, and now owns my K1000D. She does some elaborately set up photo shoots with her friends.