Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Why a Nikon SB-22s don't work with NX10
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject: Why a Nikon SB-22s don't work with NX10 Reply with quote

I'm clueless??

I even taped the extra contacts, works with all other cameras including a Canon T50.

And Samsung NX10 takes all other flashes.

Confused

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why you have to use this flash on the Samsung NX10 if you have other flashes? Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Why you have to use this flash on the Samsung NX10 if you have other flashes? Wink

it is small, has a upward tilt head and the automatics work acceptably

samsung ttl-flashes are rare and expensive

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
3. Samsung

The Samsung NX MILCs are reported to behave erratically (or not work at all) with non-Samsung hot-shoe flashes and radio triggers. Most reports are about the NX10 model, but, depending upon firmware version, there also seems to be problems with the other models (e.g. NX5, NX11, NX100, NX200) in the series. According to this thread in DPreview's Samsung Talk forum Samsung removes support for using third party units in the hot-shoe through firmware “upgrades”.

http://dpanswers.com/content/genrc_flash_comp.php

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks! samsung is one of a kind in customer support Mad

but now that I taped the connections on the hot shoe, the flash does work, but you have to shut it down after each shot. but I can live with that Smile