Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

White number removal from Meyer Oreston
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: White number removal from Meyer Oreston Reply with quote

Embarassed While cleaning some grease that had seeped out from the focus ring of my Meyer Oreston 50mm f1.8, I managed to remove the white paint filling in the numbers on the focusing scale. I was using a toothbrush with lighter fluid as the cleaning agent. Interestingly, the red paint in the feet scale was unaffected. I would like to re-fill the white letters in, but would like to se the original material, if possible. Does anybody know what they used for this? It seems more like a wax than a paint.

Thanks in advance. Advice on cleaning fluids would be appreciated, too, as I'd like to avoid this problem in the future. The lens is an M42 mount version, probably from the 70s. It's marked Germany (east).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

White thing what you use to fix ink on paper pretty good one, I did restored a lens with this stuff.