Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Which mount?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Which mount? Reply with quote

It's mount holder since there is no aperture moving ring. But for which lens mount?
Lens 3.5-4.5/55-220mm, macro 1:4 with separate ring.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Which mount? Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
It's mount holder since there is no aperture moving ring. But for which lens mount?

which lens maker is it?
look up here a thread about 21mm tamron adaptamatic , someone there posted photos of the pages of a magazine, listing removable mount types

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
Pancolart wrote:

which lens maker is it?
look up here a thread about 21mm tamron adaptamatic , someone there posted photos of the pages of a magazine, listing removable mount types

Might be even harder to find which maker. It's labeled Kitstar. I have kind of similar 55-225mm (5mm difference) with 1:2 macro that is Super-Albinar and found out it's most probably Chinon. But Chinon doesn't have separate macro ring. I am very unfamiliar with adaptamatics so your clue might be right.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like this ..
Click here to see on Ebay

This is Fuji-X, says the box. But that doesn't mean anything considering your lens.

I think no-one else but Tamron made Adaptamatics?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

according to the photos in that thread i mentioned Bushnell also had adaptamatic exchangeable mount

looking at the hanimex lens kansalliskala found on ebay, it looks the same as yours. and makes me wonder, if your lens isn't with exchangeable mount at all, rather that someone removed the fixed mount that has aperture markings on it
i mean that it's not a lens with commercial exchangeable mount like ys or adaptall or others are

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it sure like conversion gone horribly wrong.

I think this is newer lens than adaptamatics?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks clear to me the mount is missing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its certainly not an Adaptamatic.
Only Tamron made Adaptamatic or Adaptall lenses.
Bushnell is as far as I know the only merchant to put its brand on Tamron Adaptamatic lenses.
Tamron was the maker of the Bushnell Adaptamatics.

I agree that this lens looks like it is incomplete. It could be that the maker of that Kitstar had a system of interchangeable lens mounts to simplify design, but they may have been intended as sub-assemblies for use only in the factory. That would make sense if the sub-assembly included not just the mount but the aperture mechanism.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That button on the side clearly locks/unlocks the lens from something or something from the lens.

Is there some moving part inside that can be moved to control the aperture?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Yes it sure like conversion gone horribly wrong.

I think this is newer lens than adaptamatics?

It's not conversion, this is surely factory work. Check third photo, it all fits perfectly though very miniature parts.

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Looks clear to me the mount is missing.

Yes, i said it's only mount holder (that might be bad expression).

Interesting thoughts about Tamron and Bushnell. I will probably glue some Nikon adapter since there is a lot of space for mount and infinity is guaranteed.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystery continues: http://forum.mflenses.com/porst-distributed-komura-t68866.html

And see my surprise: it has the same unique interchangeable mount.

Any idea of the maker?

PBFACTS wrote:
Pancolart wrote:
Please correct me if i am wrong but is this Porst Tele-Zoom 3.8/75-200mm made by Komura? And has interchangeable mount?

NOT a komura lens : A Ozone/Super Ozeck (Certainly Tefnon/Kobori made) Lens
Quality usually ok

Would Tefnon / Kobori theory still hold?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:

And see my surprise: it has the same unique interchangeable mount.

Any idea of the maker?

PBFACTS wrote:
Pancolart wrote:
Please correct me if i am wrong but is this Porst Tele-Zoom 3.8/75-200mm made by Komura? And has interchangeable mount?

NOT a komura lens : A Ozone/Super Ozeck (Certainly Tefnon/Kobori made) Lens
Quality usually ok

Would Tefnon / Kobori theory still hold?

no (sorry for the error)
It is a topman (also sold as Toshiba) lens
Topman which was a tripod maker bought miranda factory to manufacture lenses
They were sold during 4/5 years

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PBFACTS wrote:
It is a Topman (also sold as Toshiba) lens
Topman which was a tripod maker bought miranda factory to manufacture lenses
They were sold during 4/5 years

Splendid news, thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just like to connect this topic with an older but very informative one also listing some Toshiba samples: http://forum.mflenses.com/tinox-lenses-history-mount-nothing-t34469.html