Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Which mount is this...??
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Which mount is this...?? Reply with quote

I won this eBay auction..

Click here to see on Ebay

Which mount is this lens...

Any idea how is this lens is terms of portrait and nature..
(I think its Vega-12B 90mm f2.Cool

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: Which mount is this...?? Reply with quote

Ballu wrote:
I won this eBay auction..

Click here to see on Ebay

Which mount is this lens...

Any idea how is this lens is terms of portrait and nature..
(I think its Vega-12B 90mm f2.Cool

The Vega 12B 90/2.8 was one of those "sleeper" lenses on my Pentax 645. Equivalent to about a 55mm lens on a 35mm camera. My particular copy was exceptional from f:4 and higher. Okay at F:2.8.

The bokeh is rather a swirl of colors, which can be interesting.

I bought the lens with the intention of trying it out and selling it off if it wasn't worth keeping. But...I kept it, because it is a very adequate lens.

Quality to Price ratio very good.

The "normal" mount for the Vega 12 is Pentacon.

I had VERY good luck using the Vega with extension tubes. The lens is normally very close-focus, so with the extension tubes it was easy to exceeed 1:1.

Here is mine mounted on the Pentax 645 with a Pentacon 6 to Pentax adapter.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Vega mount is Kiev-88 Sad I wish you good luck to get with P6 mount. Lovely lens you will enjoy a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One query about Vega lens. Seems like the lens (I got today) is not functional. Its not closing down. On the lower side of mount, there is a pin (thick one), which is free is nature (no function at all).

Do I need to do some thing special to move the aperture blades...