Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

where to get screws?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: where to get screws? Reply with quote

not looking to buy them but just asking what other items around the house would have small size screws?

sometimes i need just 1 or two screws to replace those flea size ones that go flying away.

a watch i would assume would have those types of screws.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A watch won't do it, the screws are too small.
Look for an optician shop or buy a couple of $5 lenses and you'll have plenty of screws.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Have you checked MicroTools ?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a good-sized bag of assorted micro screws and bolts from a radio-control model dealer...worth a look there if you have one local.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
A watch won't do it, the screws are too small.
Look for an optician shop or buy a couple of $5 lenses and you'll have plenty of screws.

This is most inexpensive source to me also.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: too far Reply with quote

it is too far for me. shipping to asia is really expensive.

i just want a screw or bearing ball once in a while when i start tinkering with my lens.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: too far Reply with quote

jun wrote:

it is too far for me. shipping to asia is really expensive.

i just want a screw or bearing ball once in a while when i start tinkering with my lens.

Then, just look for broken lenses/cameras sold as spares/repair near where you live ... But keep in mind that these screws don't have always the same threading ...