Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
Rear elements can often be a quick lens spanner job - look to see it there is a retaining ring with two slots. Or sometimes the whole rear optical unit unscrews. In any case if its only a tendril or two of fungus, I wouldn't worry about it Gary.

No such luck unfortunately, there's no slots on the rear element. I guess I'll just leave it for now, if it starts to worsen I'll send it away for cleaning.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there are no slots, then it's almost certain that the rear group unscrews. Do you have a rubber stopper of the right size? If so, apply a little elbow grease to it and it might give. That's the way it's been with every lens I've run into that didn't have slots on the rear element(s).

Only problem might be if the fungus is inside that group of elements. There may be no real way to get to it. In that case I'd just put that group out in the sun for several hours to kill the fungus, then reassemble.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My latest find is this Accura Ultratel 5.9/400mm.

After some searching in this forum i know it is built by Sankor. The only thing i do not know until now is when this lens was built. Stylewise it looks like something in the 60's. Hopefully anyone can give some more exact information.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Sankyo Kohki Komura f3,5 135mm Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
Lucse wrote:

But after I had payed the seller informed me that he refused to ship me the lenses for that ridiculous amount....Me not so happy any more.
In the meanwhile he has faked the shipping with a false track and trace-number. Probably to be able to get the money. (Catawiki guards the money untill the goods are delivered).

I have had nothing but bad experiences on that auction-site, but this one really tops them all.

That is impossible. He's not going to pull that off, i am a seller on Catawiki and i can assure you that they will not allow this trick. Just to be sure: you should however complain to one of the auctioneers and send them a copy of the message he has sent you. I've done over 100 transactions, all positive, no troubles whatsoever.
Good luck and i do hope you get your lenses!

Just checked it out... Why are most of the auctions at a very low price? (only a few $$) Do people usually only bid at the near end?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Sankyo Kohki Komura f3,5 135mm Reply with quote

Teemō wrote:

Just checked it out... Why are most of the auctions at a very low price? (only a few $$) Do people usually only bid at the near end?

Yes, most people wait. But: sometimes i got lucky because it simply seemed as if they forgot. Auctions only last for one week, a sale is a sale. So you get new items every week. There are photography auctions ending (for items made after 1960) every tuesday and wednesday evening. Special auctions on fridays and items made before 1960 on thursdays.

The auctions you just checked only went online this afternoon, so it's too early to say something about it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TWO MINT Helios 44m's. Well one is 100% mint (honestly doesn't look used from '79), the one from '78 has some light paint wear on the focus ring.

Just ordered a Sensei PRO Aluminum Lens Hood, and a new FotodioX Pro F-Mount adapter, so it doesn't have to share with my other M42 lenses - as I am going to be shooting the hell out of this lens!

-A

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brought in old Angenieux zoom (Type 10 x 12B). Cost was US$70 plus shipping. These are commonplace and readily available. Still a very nice lens:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That crank tho!!! 😍😍😍

guardian wrote:
Brought in old Angenieux zoom (Type 10 x 12B). Cost was US$70 plus shipping. These are commonplace and readily available. Still a very nice lens:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a.s. pearson wrote:
That crank tho!!! 😍😍😍

guardian wrote:

You will see the lens offered for sale both ways. Sometimes the crank remains attached to the lens and is included. Other times the crank has been removed and is not included in the sale. The lens zooms perfectly well without a crank. But I have a personal preference (no more than that) for copies which still have the original crank.

For those who prefer not to use a crank, removal is easy and straightforward.

You might also notice in the photo the threaded focus stick hole in the focus ring. There are four such threaded holes at evenly spaced intervals around the focus ring. My lens did not come with its focus stick, but fabbing one up would not be a great challenge. Still, the lens focuses perfectly well without a focus stick.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Tamron AD2 SP 70-210mm f3.5 19AH Reply with quote

Just received a lovely mint copy of this highly rated zoom

It's all ready to go on my trusty Nkon D3

Looking forwards to testing later today

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Sankyo Kohki Komura f3,5 135mm Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
Teemō wrote:

Yes, most people wait. But: sometimes i got lucky because it simply seemed as if they forgot. Auctions only last for one week, a sale is a sale. So you get new items every week. There are photography auctions ending (for items made after 1960) every tuesday and wednesday evening. Special auctions on fridays and items made before 1960 on thursdays.

The auctions you just checked only went online this afternoon, so it's too early to say something about it.

I see, thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Canon LTM 35/2 Reply with quote

how do I determine it's age?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrm, I don't think Tamron has published any data on its s/n's vis-a-vis dates. I wouldn't mind knowing myself. But you can at least get a range of production dates at adaptall-2.com. Adaptall-2.com indicates 1984 to 1999, a long production run for one of its lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just returned from my first car boot sale of the year with a Chinon CX (immaculate), ER case and instructions along with the Tomioka made Chinon 55mm f1.4 and 35mm f2.8, both in excellent condition. Bit of a bargain at 12 GBP!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In no particular order in the past 4 months or so...
Lecia Summaron 35mm 3.5, hazed but cleaned up nicely.

Isco Gottingen Westanar 85mm 2.8, missing some mount screws, needed a clean but okay now and usable.

Rodenstock Rotelar 135mm f4 in DKL.

CZJ Biometar in kiev 88 mount 120mm 2.8 for about 70 quid in Krakow, very nice condition.

and last but hopefully not least a minty Minolta M rokkor 40mm f2 from CLE, not arrived yet.

And that`s me skint for a while again, until I sell some or turn 50 again!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macca wrote:

Isco Gottingen Westanar 85mm 2.8, missing some mount screws, needed a clean but okay now and usable.

Congrats Congrats Congrats

May be show photos of the lens and photos taken with this lens?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My most recent buys from last week:

1. Porst 50mm f/1.2 (Fujinon)
2. Olympus Zuiko 50mm f/1.4
3. Tamron Adaptall-2 SP 60-300mm (23A), mint condition, it came with the original hood, manual and the bill! It was bought in Dijon, France, 1987, for the amount of 3500FF.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that was a pricey lens back then. I think in USD, so I looked up what the conversion rate was back in 1987. It was right at 6 francs to the dollar. Crunch the numbers and that lens sold for $583US. And that was 1987 money too, not the inflated mess we have now. Geez. I bought my 23A in 1986 and I thought I paid a lot for mine -- over $300US. Puts things in a bit of perspective.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some C-mount lenses I have bought in the last year has arrived last week:

1. Fuji 50/1.2, so so condition, still usable.
2. Zeika 25/0.95, pretty good condition.
3. Meyer 4-inch/2.8 pre-war, ok condition.

and a copy of Tomioka 55/1.2 M42 in excellent condition...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Wow, that was a pricey lens back then. I think in USD, so I looked up what the conversion rate was back in 1987. It was right at 6 francs to the dollar. Crunch the numbers and that lens sold for $583US. And that was 1987 money too, not the inflated mess we have now. Geez. I bought my 23A in 1986 and I thought I paid a lot for mine -- over $300US. Puts things in a bit of perspective.

Yup, that sounds about correct, i converted it to 533 Euros! On a dutch history website there's a calculator on which you can enter an amount and a year, it then tells you how much that amount would be today. In this case it calculated 935 euros. And that's quite some money i think.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anastimat-Victar 5cm f2.9 (without number) M40 + adapter ring M40 to M42

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newest toys Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i often see Topcor lens in this forum but never try it. are they better than canon/nikon/olympus/minolta etc lens from 80/90's ?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: Accura Ultratel 5.9/400mm.

1960's - I think I saw an ad from 1968-69, though they were sold into the 1970's I think.

I have the next one down in the lineup, in Spiratone brand

http://forum.mflenses.com/spiratone-sankor-300-4-5-preset-t-mount-t19238,highlight,%2Bsankor.html

The maker was I think Nissin Optical, house brand Sankor.

Accura was the wholesale brand used by Spiratone, which was the direct-sale/mailorder brand. They used Accura so as not to seem to be competing with their retail store customers.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebbm wrote:
i often see Topcor lens in this forum but never try it. are they better than canon/nikon/olympus/minolta etc lens from 80/90's ?

Optically: definately not. Most of the RE Topcors were calculated in the mid-1960s, and fifty years ago they certainly were top quality lenses,
but they are not better than Canon FD / Nikkor AiS / Minolta Rokkor MD glass from the 1980s.
My statement is based on side-by-side comparison of the nine following RE Topcors with comparable FD / new FD / Ai / AiS / MD glass:

RE Topcor 4/20mm
RE Topcor 2.8/28mm
RE Topcor 1.4/58mm
RE Topcor 1.8/58mm
RE Macro Topcor 3.5/58mm
RE Topcor 2.8/100mm
RE Topcor 3.5/135mm
RE Topcor 5.6/200mm
RE Zoom Topcor 4.7/87-205mm

Some 100% crops from 24MP FF you can finde here:
http://www.artaphot.ch/topcon-re/re-auto-topcor-lenses

Machanically: The RE Topcors feel quite different from other 1960-1975 lenses. They are lightweight, and focusing is exceptionally smooth even after 50 years of use.
Many of my Ai/AiS Nikkors from 1970-1985 are either stiff or have lost lubrication ("dried out").
Late MC and early MD Rokkors are quite smooth as well, but not as easy-going as the RE Topcors.

Stephan

PS I can't comment on other Topcors since i haven't tested them.