Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanylapep wrote:

can ypu show photo of your 3D printed adapter??

here it is...
Just a kind of cylinder with a M39 male screw at one end and able to fit inside the tube lens at the other end. Length is approximated to get infinity when the lens is fully screwed inside the tube

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently picked up a Zeiss Contax Sonnar 180/2.8. In the words of Steve Irwin, she's a beaut!

Last edited by frenched on Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A wonderful like new, but not new, Elmar 50mm 2.8 for my Leica M4-P. I just cannot wait for this weekend to come!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leica Summicron - R 50/2.0 (Sn. 31xxxxx)
Best
Armin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sch8mid wrote:
Best
Armin

Very nice! I'm looking to get one of those- hopefully I'll be picking up one on Friday for $200 with an R4. Fingers crossed.
I see you're relatively new-
Welcome to the club Armin.
Dobar objektif :p

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon LTM 25/3.5 with caps (front rather not genuine - should it be with canon engraved or stamped?; back I suspect machined on lathe) and original stinky case. I've probably overpaid but still happy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sch8mid wrote:
Best
Armin

Is it made in Canada or Made in Germany? Is there any difference?

And what's special about this lens? (Asking to see if i should get one Smile)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto Vivitar 135mm 2.8 in fd mount. Picked it up for $20 because I wanted something longer than 80mm. First few shots with it I was a little disappointed, there seemed to be something wrong with the iris blades. I then realized the lens wasnt seated on the adapter properly. Now I'm really liking it, not bad for 20 bucks...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanylapep wrote:

The difference is that one was made in Canada, the other one in Germany. Wink
No difference in performance or handling whatsoever. Just the price often is different, strangely enough.

vanylapep wrote:

It used to be THE reference lens for 50mm for quite a while. Or, at least, it was said to be.
Because to be honest, the reference lens was the "M"-Summicron 50.

The "R"-Summicron 50 is still an extremely good lens. I had one and loved it!
Just sold it when I got rid of my Canon gear in order to fund for my change to Nikon.

(Still have the "M"-Summicron 50, though. Whoa! What a lens!!)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoryBreaux wrote:
Auto Vivitar 135mm 2.8 in fd mount. Picked it up for $20 because I wanted something longer than 80mm. First few shots with it I was a little disappointed, there seemed to be something wrong with the iris blades. I then realized the lens wasnt seated on the adapter properly. Now I'm really liking it, not bad for 20 bucks...

That's a t4 mount, you can swap the mount. I've just recently acquired a 28mm f2.8 vivitar T4 of the same family; metal knurled focus ring etc. , Initial impressions quite good, specifically seems better than most wide open.

Info here.

I'd be interested to see more pics from your lens.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Hugo Meyer & Co. Goerlitz Atelier-Schnellarbeiter Reply with quote

Today's DHL delivery.

Absolutly happy with this gem of a Petzval lens from 1904. Bit to big for my 4x5, but I will find a solution!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillSanj wrote:
sch8mid wrote:
Best
Armin

Very nice! I'm looking to get one of those- hopefully I'll be picking up one on Friday for $200 with an R4. Fingers crossed.
I see you're relatively new-
Welcome to the club Armin.
Dobar objektif :p

vanylapep wrote:
sch8mid wrote:
Best
Armin

Hi friends

Its a little story. 6 years ago I used a Summicron 50 - R , and some native Canon lenses with my canon 5 D . I sold the cam with the Leica ,
but this summer I had a lot of free time and the opportunity to look over all my old photos -
and immediately realized , that the photos I liked the best had been shot with the Summicron .
Its difficult to explain , I am no artist , but short : I had to have another one , and so 14 days ago I bought a good one @ Leicashop in Berlin. Its made in Canada and as Carsten wrote , there is no difference .

Kind regards

Armin

Last edited by sch8mid on Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mamiya-sekor Z 65mm f4 L-A for my RZ67.
Mamiya RZ67 Pro II + 65mm f4 L-A by Kyle, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do not have A collection, but an ever changing pile of optical stuff. If memory serves, latest camera lens was Macro SMC-Takumar 135/4 for Pentax 6x7. I bought two old bodies with TTL viewfinders and two lenses, one mounted on each. I didn't pay much, barely a three digit number for the lot.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Christmas gift I got three lenses to my Sony A7r - Leica Sumilux 50 f1,4, Elmar 50 f3,5 and Elmar 90 f4.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron 135mm f/2.5 Close Focus BBAR MC soon to be followed by a nice KMZ Helios 44 Tuzki with lens

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest set I bought is on its way to me and is a praktica EE2 with flek 35/2,4, sonnar 135/3,5 and a 50mm hopefully pancolar.
This is the third EE2 set I bought with these lenses for very few money (this one 25€). Still need to find out the condition though.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikon Nikkor-H 2/50
Very happy camper am I
OH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my Christmas gift: Meyer Gorlitz diaplan 2.8 80.

Adapted with a 3D printed tube acting as a helicoid.
This one is far better than the f/3.5

It generates the expected bubbles as it shares the same optical formula than other famous meyer's trioplans... However prices are not the same, I got this one for 24€ attached to a "filius dia projektor" Wink

I wish you an happy new year and for the 31rst of December, I'll try to find bubbles but rather from some Champagne glasses
Laugh 1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Minolta MD TELE Rokkor-X 200mm 1:4, probably the last lens for 2015, arrived yesterday.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is this one, bought for a project from a fellow member here...

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to everyone!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takumar 58/2.4.
I still have two lenses purchased lately, but they are still on the way and they will arrive next year.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An S-M-C Macro Takumar 100mm f/4. Xpstd.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a nice little Meyer Optik Goerlitz Primagon 4.5/35 red V, exakta mount.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivitar 24mm f2 serial 22. It came with a OM-2 Spot/program that has a label saying "New battery 25/5-91" Laughing