Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

..... If it was 2-4.5x it would get my thumbs up tho.

me too Smile

Last edited by cyberjunkie on Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Nordentro wrote:
Mitakon 20mm f/2 4.5X super macro in E-mount

..... If it was 2-4.5x it would get my thumbs up tho.

This lens already attracted my attention.
Its cost is lower than an old Luminar of similar focal length Smile
I'd like to know if the optic can be unscrewed from the helicoid.
If yes, definitely a 2:1 magnification should be possible.
If the thread is either RMS or LTM, no custom made adapter would be necessary...

BTW, i just found a strange microscope objective, with sliding hood (a very welcome feature!).
It was made by Hensoldt Wetzlar, a well known maker of binoculars. I didn't know they made microscope objectives.

Hensoldt Wetzlar Minur E 2,5:1

cheers

Paolo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Paolo, never heard about this one!
Hensoldt is a well reputed maker, should be no dud!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MC ROKKOR-PG 1.2/58
1969 early second generation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir wrote:
MC ROKKOR-PG 1.2/58

Congrats! I have the same version. I am sure you will like it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very rare Hasselblad mount Chinese military 311mm F5 prime lens. Only 20+ lenses were made and never sold on the open market. It is extrememly sharp for military reconnaissance.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard the last couple of days that the MINGCA S-201 58mm F2 is a better Biotar copy with lanthanum elements. I will test it when I got time. This is new information for this lens, although I bought it many years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir wrote:
MC ROKKOR-PG 1.2/58

Congrats Beautiful lens! Health to enjoy. Tuzki with lens

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
I just heard the last couple of days that the MINGCA S-201 58mm F2 is a better Biotar copy with lanthanum elements. I will test it when I got time. This is new information for this lens, although I bought it many years ago.

Nice! Never seen one before, i was chasing a Seagull DF with Haiou 58mm lens because it is a Minolta clone and the lens is indeed a Biotar copy with Minolta SR mount. Is this one also a Minolta mount SLR and lens?
I bought a Haiou lens, should arrive in a couple of days, i'm quite curious about it's performance.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
kievuser wrote:

Nice! Never seen one before, i was chasing a Seagull DF with Haiou 58mm lens because it is a Minolta clone and the lens is indeed a Biotar copy with Minolta SR mount. Is this one also a Minolta mount SLR and lens?
I bought a Haiou lens, should arrive in a couple of days, i'm quite curious about it's performance.

Thanks! If you are chasing the earliest model with a 'panda' Haiou-64 lens like the one on the right in the picture, then it is also a lens with lanthanum element, and I heard that they were hand-grind. I also have a copy of this, but never tried it yet.I hope yours is a good example.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
but never tried it yet.I hope yours is a good example.

Hope so too! I will post some samples when i get it!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
TrueLoveOne wrote:
kievuser wrote:

Thanks! If you are chasing the earliest model with a 'panda' Haiou-64 lens like the one on the right in the picture, then it is also a lens with lanthanum element, and I heard that they were hand-grind. I also have a copy of this, but never tried it yet.I hope yours is a good example.

I just read a thread about these Chinese Biotar 58/2 copy lenses last night, and learned something new about them. The earlier 58/2 Haiou and Pearl River lenses have lanthanum elements, the Seagull ones has 2 elements and a Pearl River 58/2 has 3 elements of lanthanum glass. Sometime in the 1980's, Seagull 58/2 changed to high-refraction glass for those elements to save the cost. I have accumulated quite a few of these lenses, and I might start a thread for them. The Pearl River 58/2 is on the left.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:

I just read a thread about these Chinese Biotar 58/2 copy lenses last night
I have accumulated quite a few of these lenses, and I might start a thread for them.

Do you have a link to that thread?
Where do you find these? I've been looking for a Seagull DF body with Haiou lens (because i collect Minolta and it's clones), no succes. A member of this forum pointed me at an ad in Austria for a Haiou lens, which i've bought. It's not here yet.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
kievuser wrote:

I just read a thread about these Chinese Biotar 58/2 copy lenses last night
I have accumulated quite a few of these lenses, and I might start a thread for them.

Do you have a link to that thread?
Where do you find these? I've been looking for a Seagull DF body with Haiou lens (because i collect Minolta and it's clones), no succes. A member of this forum pointed me at an ad in Austria for a Haiou lens, which i've bought. It's not here yet.

http://forum.xitek.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=603741&ordertype=1&highlight=58%2F2

and a discussion about those lanthanum elements:

"
原文由 雷点怒 发表

我没看到类似资料有说珠江58是3片镧系玻璃,也没看到海鸥58是2片镧系玻璃。麻烦LZ给出详细的资料最好扫描相关说明书。
你可能玩摄影的时间比较短吧,道行还浅点。
你不知道的事情肯定还有很多。但都是客观存在的。
不能因为你的无知,我再翻箱倒归柜的给你找所谓的“证明材料”

珠江照相机以及它的历史资料详见
《大众摄影》7/89-2连载的。
去图书馆就可以看详细的质料。我说你也不信。

70年代最早用的镧系玻璃是进口德国的。包括五棱镜也是进口的。五棱镜是买的日本的。
海鸥的58/2比较准确的是86-87年开始用新型高折射光学玻璃替代镧系玻璃的。
买美能达生产线之前吧。并且86以后也不再进口日本的五棱镜。
我们国产的这个镧系玻璃镜片并且还出口给日本
因为日本鬼子买德国的贵。
珠江58/2前后有三个版本,海鸥的58/2前后有五种之多。
请问你都知道哪几个?
我不可能回答每个人的问题,特别是对我说的还有怀疑的。

要知道更多就去图书馆吧。

上照一厂也就是总厂,80年代的“总工”是山东人。俺老家的亲戚。"

So the earlist Seagull 64 58/2 like the one I posted has lanthanum elements imported from Germany.Smile

Many swear that theirs beat top Japanese similar lens in sharpness. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!
Does somebody know anything about this lens?

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AliMU96SZKzyhV2LM08q9lf7bXHM

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AliMU96SZKzyhV7_-8YSNVG_pma8

Can upload some sample image if requested.

Would appreciate some info!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steso90 wrote:
Hello!
Does somebody know anything about this lens?

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AliMU96SZKzyhV2LM08q9lf7bXHM

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AliMU96SZKzyhV7_-8YSNVG_pma8

Can upload some sample image if requested.

Would appreciate some info!

You can't post links and pics in your first post, it's an anti-spam measure.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
kievuser wrote:
TrueLoveOne wrote:
kievuser wrote:

I just read a thread about these Chinese Biotar 58/2 copy lenses last night, and learned something new about them. The earlier 58/2 Haiou and Pearl River lenses have lanthanum elements, the Seagull ones has 2 elements and a Pearl River 58/2 has 3 elements of lanthanum glass. Sometime in the 1980's, Seagull 58/2 changed to high-refraction glass for those elements to save the cost. I have accumulated quite a few of these lenses, and I might start a thread for them. The Pearl River 58/2 is on the left.

I've had the Haiou-64 (the one on the right) for a while, and when I first tried it I wasn't really impressed. But, I thought it was a lens that deserved another chance so I took it out and tried it again, it's a Biotar, a copy of the Helios that's a copy of the Zeiss; how bad could it be?
Other than being remarkably heavy and the worst ergonomics I've seen on any lens, why is there a knurled section just forward of the aperture that I keep trying to turn? and the focus knurling is rubbish. Other than the black enamel paint that's missing on one side of the aperture ring the lens is actually good quality. I'm still a bit undecided about the sharpness of the lens, but it's certainly a lens I'll use again, and I need to do a back to back with a Helios, which I think will beat it. Question

I'd post a picture from the Haiou, but I'm getting all soers of error codes

Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a clean copy of the Contax 85mm f/1.4 MMJ a few weeks ago. I've only taken it out once, but I am impressed with it. Need to do a good comparison with the Nikon 85mm f/1.4 AF.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Contax Rangefinder Zeiss 2.0/85 Sonnar Reply with quote

OK, so I have wanted this lens for some time. They are available but the problem is everyone is asking collector prices for them. A lens in good condition generally lists for $700-$1000. A Jupiter-9 may not be as good but they are far less expensive.

Then, a couple weeks ago, I saw this lens for auction on Ebay. Zeiss Jena post-war, T coated. Starting bid $100, Buy It Now $250. Only one problem, the aperture is stuck wide open. I a willing to take a chance but I know the lens has to go in for professional service so I bid $100 with a maximum bid of $200.

Nothing changes for the auction week. On the last night I go to bed still the only bidder at $100. The auction is set to end at midnight so I am not waiting up.

When I wake up I find I have been outbid to a total of $202.50. Oh well, back to the search. Later that afternoon I get a notice from the seller. The winning bidder hadn't noticed that the aperture was stuck so he reneged on the deal. (Who bids significant dollars on Ebay without even reading the description?) Am I willing to buy it for $200? Sure, file a second chance offer and I will buy it. Next thing I know it is delivered to my house.

It is beautiful. The body is in good shape and the glass is clean, no scratches or flaws beyond the typical bubbles from that era.

First thing I do is box it up along with a Contax Rangefinder Tessar 2.8/50 that needs cleaning to clear fogging on the internal elements, and send them off to my favorite camera & lens repairman http://gasscamerarepair.com/ . Two days later he calls me, says he can clean them both and get the job done in a couple days. So yesterday it arrives in the mail in perfect shape.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Contax Rangefinder Zeiss 2.0/85 Sonnar Reply with quote

newst wrote:
OK, so I have wanted this lens for some time. They are available but the problem is everyone is asking collector prices for them. A lens in good condition generally lists for $700-$1000. A Jupiter-9 may not be as good but they are far less expensive.

Then, a couple weeks ago, I saw this lens for auction on Ebay. Zeiss Jena post-war, T coated. Starting bid $100, Buy It Now $250. Only one problem, the aperture is stuck wide open. I a willing to take a chance but I know the lens has to go in for professional service so I bid $100 with a maximum bid of $200.

Nothing changes for the auction week. On the last night I go to bed still the only bidder at $100. The auction is set to end at midnight so I am not waiting up.

When I wake up I find I have been outbid to a total of $202.50. Oh well, back to the search. Later that afternoon I get a notice from the seller. The winning bidder hadn't noticed that the aperture was stuck so he reneged on the deal. (Who bids significant dollars on Ebay without even reading the description?) Am I willing to buy it for $200? Sure, file a second chance offer and I will buy it. Next thing I know it is delivered to my house.

It is beautiful. The body is in good shape and the glass is clean, no scratches or flaws beyond the typical bubbles from that era.

Nice one Like 1 small M39 screw-mount? Pretty rare I should say. Does aperture work after CLA?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my last add to collection.
Small beast from Meyer-Optik Twisted Evil :

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Contax Rangefinder Zeiss 2.0/85 Sonnar Reply with quote

alex_KS wrote:
newst wrote:

Nice one Like 1 small M39 screw-mount? Pretty rare I should say. Does aperture work after CLA?

Not M39 but Contax Rangefinder Bayonet.

Yes, the aperture works fine. All that was wrong was the grease had congealed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Contax Rangefinder Zeiss 2.0/85 Sonnar Reply with quote

newst wrote:
alex_KS wrote:
newst wrote:

Not M39 but Contax Rangefinder Bayonet.

Yes, the aperture works fine. All that was wrong was the grease had congealed.

Congrats on the lens! I CLA-ed my Jupiter 9 in Contax/Kiev mount, although the mechanical/focusing part is a bit complicated for an absolute begginer, cleaning the grease that gets old (found a ton of it in my lens) and blocks the aperture ring must be one of the most simple things to do in CLA. May i ask what kind of adapter you are using?

This is a great site for this type of lenses:

http://www3.telus.net/public/rpnchbck/lens%20and%20optics.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr-JvAsKJuU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Contax Rangefinder Zeiss 2.0/85 Sonnar Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:

Congrats on the lens! I CLA-ed my Jupiter 9 in Contax/Kiev mount, although the mechanical/focusing part is a bit complicated for an absolute begginer, cleaning the grease that gets old (found a ton of it in my lens) and blocks the aperture ring must be one of the most simple things to do in CLA. May i ask what kind of adapter you are using?

This is a great site for this type of lenses:

http://www3.telus.net/public/rpnchbck/lens%20and%20optics.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr-JvAsKJuU

I have two types of adaper, the purpose made Amedeo Contax to NEX and a Ukrainian mount from a Kiev camera adapted to NEX. The Amedeo is a lovely piece of work but I find there are some lenses it won't work well with. This 85mm is a good example. When it is mounted on the Amedeo it won't turn through the full focus range but i works fine on the old camera mount.

Thank you for the website URLs. I wasn't aware of the Kiev site.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could not resist: Just bought a Leitz 1:4.8 / 280mm Telyt II in M39 Visoflex mount (late improved version).

Picture from the seller:

According serial # it is one of 1.500 lenses produced in 1969 and it was a real bargain (EUR 179,--). They are usually sold from 400 to 800 EUR at Leicashop in Vienna (depending on condition).

Looking forward to receive the lens and test it against some 300mm lenses out of my collection. It will be used on my Ricoh GXR-M (420mm FOV equ.) on my existing Visoflex adapter. Examples what I've seen so far (at http://www.l-camera-forum.com) are looking promising.