Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received a fungused Mamiya 645 lens, the 210mm F4, for quite cheap - about $29

It prompted me to finally buy a lens tool, remove the front ring, clean the front element, which came up quite nicely.

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20235/big_282_sl1600i_1.jpg]
[/url]

Given that the lens came from Japan, and the postage was free, I think that's quite good.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
Just received a fungused Mamiya 645 lens, the 210mm F4, for quite cheap - about $29

It prompted me to finally buy a lens tool, remove the front ring, clean the front element, which came up quite nicely.

Yeah, dismantling the front lens of the Mamiya Sekor C 4/210mm is quite an easy task. That said, I have a Sekor C 4/210 with a not cleanable front element. It's fogged, and nothing was able to remove that "fog". It seems the front element is quite sensitive to certain pollutants - I have never seen anything like that. Given the fact that the Sekor C has as little CAs as well known ED/AD/ULD lenses (e. g. Nikkor 2.8/180mm ED or Minolta AF 2.8/200mm AD), its front element may well be made from such glas.

S

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens came in a group of 4 cameras, not a steal, but less than the going rate. It focuses down to 0.35 meters, not bad. The Praktica-Mat works, I haven't tested the meter yet, but the battery compartment looks clean.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently, a colleague of mine told me he wants to get rid of his old photo equipment and if he could bring it to me. He didn´t want money - just to have it out of the house. Besides a lot of cables, filters, an old Cullman flash with rail mount, these are the main contents of the khaki brown photo bag he pushed into my hands today. I told him at least the Macro might be worth quite some money, probably 500 bucks, and if he´s really sure, but he just said he´s fine knowing it´s in someone´s possession now who appreciates it. I feel kind of bad with that situation. How to say thank you for that?

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZuikosHexanonsandVivitars wrote:
Recently, a colleague of mine told me he wants to get rid of his old photo equipment and if he could bring it to me. He didn´t want money - just to have it out of the house. Besides a lot of cables, filters, an old Cullman flash with rail mount, these are the main contents of the khaki brown photo bag he pushed into my hands today. I told him at least the Macro might be worth quite some money, probably 500 bucks, and if he´s really sure, but he just said he´s fine knowing it´s in someone´s possession now who appreciates it. I feel kind of bad with that situation. How to say thank you for that?

I see it includes my favorite macro lens, congratulations!

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZuikosHexanonsandVivitars wrote:

a case of wine rarely fails its purpose Laugh 1

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yashica ML 3.5/28-50mm, hidden in a lot of other stuff such as an early SR-T 101, a Yashica FR-I, a Rollei A26 with flash C26, a Ricoh 500G and finally a Minolta Dynax 5 with 28-105mm and 100-300mm zoom.

The Yashica ML 3.5/28-50mm has a pretty good reputation, similar to the Canon FD 3.5/28-50mm (not to be confused with the later nFD 28-55mm, which is a plastic fantastic lens).

The Yashica is pretty rare here in Switzerland; I may have seen it once or twice offered for sale, but never bothered to actually get one. I'll probably pick it up tomorrow - so let's see how it'll perform ...

S

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Yashica ML 3.5/28-50mm, hidden in a lot of other stuff such as an early SR-T 101, a Yashica FR-I, a Rollei A26 with flash C26, a Ricoh 500G and finally a Minolta Dynax 5 with 28-105mm and 100-300mm zoom.

The Yashica ML 3.5/28-50mm has a pretty good reputation, similar to the Canon FD 3.5/28-50mm (not to be confused with the later nFD 28-55mm, which is a plastic fantastic lens).

The Yashica is pretty rare here in Switzerland; I may have seen it once or twice offered for sale, but never bothered to actually get one. I'll probably pick it up tomorrow - so let's see how it'll perform ...

S

Some Yashica ML lenses are surprisingly good, I'm curious.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:

I see it includes my favorite macro lens, congratulations!

Thank you! I didn´t have the Bokina on the radar for purchase, but I´m really curious now how I get along with it.

Ultrapix wrote:
a case of wine rarely fails its purpose Laugh 1

Exactly what I have in mind! Wink
Probably some Laughing

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 macro, original version, without USM. Will used in manual mode and compare with Minolta AF 100mm/2.8 macro.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 macro, original version, without USM. Will used in manual mode and compare with Minolta AF 100mm/2.8 macro.

Performance should be quite comparable mtf wise. Look at photodo scores:
https://jimdoty.com/learn/Tips/Equipment/Macro_Lenses/macro_lenses.html

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:

I've had one since about 2010. I scan all of my 35mm film with it with great result.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:

Thanks. Excellent webpage. My copy of Minolta 100/2.8 macro doesn't really have the sharpness compared to,
say, Vivitar series 1 90/2.5 or even Komine 90/2.8. Perhaps copy variation? Will check out this Canon macro once it arrives.

blotafton wrote:

I've had one since about 2010. I scan all of my 35mm film with it with great result.

Good to know. I've done some internet search. People praised the sharpness of this macro.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

Thanks. Excellent webpage. My copy of Minolta 100/2.8 macro doesn't really have the sharpness compared to,
say, Vivitar series 1 90/2.5 or even Komine 90/2.8. Perhaps copy variation? Will check out this Canon macro once it arrives.

It should be very sharp normally. I did a comparison a while ago including also the Bokina and MD 100/4 macro.

http://forum.mflenses.com/minolta-md-100-4-vs-minolta-af-100-2-8-vs-tokina-at-x-90-2-5-t84444.html

Corners of the Minolta AF 100/2.8 are better at wider apertures. Center sharpness of the Bokina is hard to beat though (even wide open), it’s certainly one of the sharpest lenses I ever used.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:

S

That Minolta AF 28 105 has good reputation. I 'd like to hear your opinion about it.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:
cyberjunkie wrote:

I have an identical lens (which should be the last iteration of the ISCO 2.8/180mm).
I'm curious about your personal opinion.
Which digital camera did you use to try it?

I used a Panasonic S1, but haven't really had a good day with good light to test it properly.

It has only 3 optical groups so misalignment should be easily fixed. My copy had the rear element holder loose, it might be something to check.

I did take some flower images at MFD wide open, but they are heavily processed so not really indicative.

Nice pics. Even heavily processed if the lens is bad the outcome cannot be so good.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergun wrote:
Minolta MD-I 50mm f1.7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/y9F6AbAkP4U9D6nk6

A good one. If you take the habit to find the middle aperture between 1,7 and 2,8 you will have a sharp lens without haze at around f2,0. Nothing beats that at this price.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

It should be very sharp normally. I did a comparison a while ago including also the Bokina and MD 100/4 macro.

http://forum.mflenses.com/minolta-md-100-4-vs-minolta-af-100-2-8-vs-tokina-at-x-90-2-5-t84444.html

Corners of the Minolta AF 100/2.8 are better at wider apertures. Center sharpness of the Bokina is hard to beat though (even wide open), it’s certainly one of the sharpest lenses I ever used.

Thanks. I remember that post. I'll probably shoot my copy of the Minolta 100/2.8 AF again to see.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soligor 55mm f/2.8 macro C/D. Interesting seller said it is Nikon but after getting the lens, it seems the original mount is P/M42, which is very common for this 55mm/2.8 I've seen. But the mount is actually Nikon. Not sure if it's modified (may or may not fix the infinity focus issue) or just have an M42/F adapter screwed on. I tried to unscrew but the adapter is intact. Still thinking of a way trying to remove the adapter.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voigtlander Ultron 2/50 for Prominent in mint condition for the price of a couple of pints of beer at a local arts n craft/junk fair.

Always wanted one of these Ultrons, but no idea how I'm going to manage to adapt it for use, it doesn't have a helicoid for one thing.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumens pixel wrote:
stevemark wrote:

S

That Minolta AF 28 105 has good reputation. I 'd like to hear your opinion about it.

The Minolta AF 28-105mm I mentioned is the early "xi" version without compensator group (ie esentially a varifocal lens, not a zoom). It's optical construction is different from the later Min AF 3.5-4.5/28-105mm "real zooms". I was never impressed with the proformance of the "xi" version, though.

Sh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
lumens pixel wrote:
stevemark wrote:

S

The Minolta AF 28-105mm I mentioned is the early "xi" version without compensator group (ie esentially a varifocal lens, not a zoom). It's optical construction is different from the later Min AF 3.5-4.5/28-105mm "real zooms". I was never impressed with the proformance of the "xi" version, though.

Sh

Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Voigtlander Ultron 2/50 for Prominent in mint condition for the price of a couple of pints of beer at a local arts n craft/junk fair.

Always wanted one of these Ultrons, but no idea how I'm going to manage to adapt it for use, it doesn't have a helicoid for one thing.

Is it the same as the one in this link?
http://forum.mflenses.com/voigtlander-ultron-50-2-adapted-to-sony-a7r-t77537.html

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikon Gugutto 120mm f/4.5

This lens is a part of Nikon's Fun Fun lens set (released in December 1995 as a set of three lenses - Gyogyotto Fisheye 20/8, Dodotto Tele 400/8 and Gugutto Macro 120/4.5 + Fuwatto Soft 90/4.8 ). Sales were limited to Japan, and only 5,000 sets were manufactured. Gugutto Macro 120/4.5 is a lens with a feature that allowed users to convert it to a soft focus lens themselves by disassembling and reassembling it in a different configuration (Fuwatto Soft).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won a Topcor 9cm f/3.5 in M39 Mount in a Japanese auction. Condition of the thing not sure, we'll see!