Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, I would be interested in the differences. I feel like other members have at least participated in similar collecting and comparing activities.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received this, an ex demo Zeiss 50mm f1.4 Planar ZF-IR lens with a Nikon bayonet fit. This has coatings optimized for IR imaging.

Nearly got the 25mm one as well, but it sold while I was chatting with the vendor.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent catch Joanthan! Congrats!! Bummer about the 25mm...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Excellent catch Jonathan! Congrats!! Bummer about the 25mm...

Thanks Klaus, yes it was a shame about the 25mm. I should have moved quicker, but c'est la vie - one ZF-IR is one more than I had last week Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

90 Years of Sonnars.

CZJ 5cm F2 Rigid Sonnar,
1934 CZJ 5cm F2 Sonnar that I converted to LTM,
and
A pre-production 5cm F2 Bertele Sonnar.

Write-up here,

https://rangefinderforum.com/threads/ninety-years-of-sonnars-from-the-carl-zeiss-jena-5cm-f2-to-the-the-5cm-f2-bertele-sonnar.4815091/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fiftyonepointsix wrote:

90 Years of Sonnars.

CZJ 5cm F2 Rigid Sonnar,
1934 CZJ 5cm F2 Sonnar that I converted to LTM,
and
A pre-production 5cm F2 Bertele Sonnar.

Write-up here,

https://rangefinderforum.com/threads/ninety-years-of-sonnars-from-the-carl-zeiss-jena-5cm-f2-to-the-the-5cm-f2-bertele-sonnar.4815091/

Nice collection!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigma xq 100mm f/2.8 macro
Sigma xq 200mm f/2.8

Seller said the macro lens has haze. Will see how bad it is. I haves a copy which has haze at rear element. I guess this incoming copy has the same issue.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
Sigma xq 200mm f/2.8

Seller said the macro lens has haze. Will see how bad it is. I haves a copy which has haze at rear element. I guess this incoming copy has the same issue.

Haze is very common in old Sigma lenses, but maybe you're lucky.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:
Sigma xq 200mm f/2.8

Haze is very common in old Sigma lenses, but maybe you're lucky.

Got the lens yesterday, The haze is quite light; much better than the previous copy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:

Sigma xq 200mm f/2.8

Got the lens yesterday, The haze is quite light; much better than the previous copy.[/quote]

At least the 2.8/200 is a pretty interesting construction. Surprisingly, its color correction is as good as that of the (much later) Nikkor 2.8/180 ED [*], but otherwise it's much softer and has much less detail at the borders and in the corners.

Should be really nice for portraits, especially since bokeh is good as well.

New lens here (well, not arrived yet): Auto Miranda E 2.8/35mm, complementing my small Miranda collection of Auto Miranda lenses (2.8/28, 1.8 and 1.4/50, 2.8/100, and two different 2.8/135mm lenses).

S

EDIT [*] at f11

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:

Sigma xq 200mm f/2.8

Got the lens yesterday, The haze is quite light; much better than the previous copy.

At least the 2.8/200 is a pretty interesting construction. Surprisingly, its color correction is as good as that of the (much later) Nikkor 2.8/180 ED [*], but otherwise it's much softer and has much less detail at the borders and in the corners.

Should be really nice for portraits, especially since bokeh is good as well.

New lens here (well, not arrived yet): Auto Miranda E 2.8/35mm, complementing my small Miranda collection of Auto Miranda lenses (2.8/28, 1.8 and 1.4/50, 2.8/100, and two different 2.8/135mm lenses).

S

EDIT [*] at f11[/quote]
Tested out the xq 200/2.8 along with Soligor 200/2.8 C/D Tokina version. I was surprised to find xq is a tad sharper at 2.8. Soligor has slightly longer focus length. XQ has the unique 2nd focus ring to go to a “macro” mode at 1:3, quite nice. At 1:3, it is decently sharp, not so bad as the “macro” mode for xq 135/2.8.

For your Mirand new entries, did you mean 2.8/105?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wetzlar Wilon 50mm F/2.8

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D. P. wrote:
Wetzlar Wilon 50mm F/2.8

I've never seen that lens. Google says that it's for a camera called Arette.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
D. P. wrote:
Wetzlar Wilon 50mm F/2.8

I've never seen that lens. Google says that it's for a camera called Arette.

To be more precise, for the Akarelle camera (although they are very similar). These cameras were manufactured by Apparate und Kamerabau Gmbh - a camera manufacturer based in Friedrichshafen, Germany. It was formed by brothers Eugene and Max Armbruster in February 1946 and camera production continued until the 1960.

Yes, this is a very rare lens, manufactured by the "Wilhelm Will KG, Optisches Werk" company (by order of the Apparate und Kamerabau Gmbh).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My somewhat early Akarette has a Xenar 50mm, so I expect that Will got the contract for later Akarettes, the style looks like that.

p.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulhofseth wrote:
My somewhat early Akarette has a Xenar 50mm, so I expect that Will got the contract for later Akarettes, the style looks like that.

p.

Some interesting information is here - http://www.cjs-classic-cameras.co.uk/arette/arette.html

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D. P. wrote:
Wetzlar Wilon 50mm F/2.8

It’s a sexy looking lens!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing how infinity in feet is the same as in meters Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:

Interesting debates can be had about that (I would suggest in a different forum & topic) Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also note that there does not seem to be any IRfocus marking.

p.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RokkorDoctor wrote:
D1N0 wrote:

Interesting debates can be had about that (I would suggest in a different forum & topic) Wink

Zero meters is the same as zero feet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

Remember to accurately place your decimal points, then the above is true to a certain extent. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
RokkorDoctor wrote:
D1N0 wrote:

I can walk zero meters and still have two feet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto-Takumar 135mm 1:3.5 It looks good, a few scratches on the front but I don't see those without my reading glasses on :p Aperture ring is very stiff though and aperture won't close down much beyond 6.3 or so. The ring itself will go to f22 with effort. Cocking and release do work but aperture remains limited.

Auto-Takumar 135mm 1:3.5 by The lens profile, on Flickr

Auto-Takumar 135mm 1:3.5 by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a MF lens, but still a lens I have been looking for since Haruo Sato wrote about it in his "Nikkor Tales". Haruo Sato is one of the most important Nikon lens designers, who e. g. has calculated more than 25 Nikkor lenses, anong them the famous Nikkor 2.8/14-24mm AF lens.

This one, the AF Nikkor 3.5-4.6/28-200mm was "the most difficult one by far", as he says.
Usually I don't buy "plastic fantastic" lenses, let alone super-zooms, but Haruo Sato's statement made me curious.

This 28-200mm lens, designed 2001-2003 for the last-ever analog Nikon SLRs, had a few very simple and practical design goals:

1) "travel zoom" with 28-200mm superzoom range
2) Should be able to take pictires of dishes and flowers (all existing superzooms had a rather large MFD back then)
3) Should be small enough to work with the built-in flashes of Nikon F55 and F65 (superzoom should not create a shadow on flas images)
4) good performance

Creating a good, extremely small superzoom with an MFD of 0.44mm throughout the entire range should become a real challenge for Sato. While the calculation of the lens was finished in less than two months, actually producing it would prove to be rather difficult (precise alignment of its four aspherical surfaces). In addidtion, three of its 12 lenses are made from ED glass.

Sadly, when the lens at the end of 2003 hit the market, it was too late. Now the digital SLRs were en vogue, and a "simple" 28-200 was passé. The lens was produced in much smaller numbers than anticipated, and in earl 2006 it was dicontinued. Maybe this was little bit too early - as soon as the Nikon D3 (Nikons firts FF DSLR) hit the market, the tiny 28-200 was rediscovered. Prices were soaring, and even now they go for about 100 CHF / USD / EUR on ebay.

OK, here it is - together with the Nikon F80 which was included in the sale:

S