Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:14 am    Post subject: staeble Reply with quote

Agfa bought the lensmaker Staeble (which made the Novoflex pigriff lenses) and I presume they put extra effort into building optics for Agfas flagship products.

p.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamiya-Sekor E 50mm f/3.5 macro. Rare lens at a good price, so I had to buy it. Especially after my good experiences with the optically excellent 50/1.7 and 50/1.4 of the same series.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Mamiya-Sekor E 50mm f/3.5 macro. Rare lens at a good price, so I had to buy it. Especially after my good experiences with the optically excellent 50/1.7 and 50/1.4 of the same series.

Congratulations! That's a pretty rare lens indeed (and so is the Sekor CS 3.5/50mm Macro which mechanically is very similarand probably has the same optica construction). I bought my first sample when I was 17 yo ... and gave it away to a friend when I go my MinAF 2.8/100mm MAcro a few years later before getting another sample about five years ago.

The lens is very well built, and its double helicoid focusing feels smooth and precise. Not a "plasic fantastic" as some of the other Sekor E/EF lenses!! Some years ago I have been comparing it quickly to other famous f3.5 and f2.8 macro lenses, albeit at infinity only. It certainly was not disappointing! Tomorrow I may be playing around wih a few 50mm / 55mm Macro lenses, both at infinity and at closer distances. I'm curious to see the results ...

S

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

Congratulations! That's a pretty rare lens indeed (and so is the Sekor CS 3.5/50mm Macro which mechanically is very similarand probably has the same optica construction). I bought my first sample when I was 17 yo ... and gave it away to a friend when I go my MinAF 2.8/100mm MAcro a few years later before getting another sample about five years ago.

The lens is very well built, and its double helicoid focusing feels smooth and precise. Not a "plasic fantastic" as some of the other Sekor E/EF lenses!! Some years ago I have been comparing it quickly to other famous f3.5 and f2.8 macro lenses, albeit at infinity only. It certainly was not disappointing! Tomorrow I may be playing around wih a few 50mm / 55mm Macro lenses, both at infinity and at closer distances. I'm curious to see the results ...

S

Yup, interesting to find out as there's virtually nothing written on the Internet about it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Mamiya-Sekor E 50mm f/3.5 macro.

Here it is - on my beloved Mamiya ZM ... which I used to take pictures during high school. Daily. Mainly girls, back then.
Usually either with the Sekor 3.8/80-200mm zoom or the Sekor EF 1.4/50. Landscape photography started only later ... Wink

I got the Macro for a pretty low price, new, when Mamiya stopped selling their 35mm SLR lineup. New lenses were sold at a really low price, and I got the entire set of primes still available: 2.8/28mm, 1.4/50mm, 3.5/50mm Macro, 2.8/135mm, 4/200mm ... sadly the last 4/300mm had been sold just the days before, and I was devastated to have missed that opportunity Wink

I got all that stuff in 1984/85. Being just 15 years old, I never could have afforded such a nice lens lineup from another, more "serious" manufacturer such as Canon or Nikon. The ZM really was a handy camera - she had a good grip (easy and safe to hold), aperture priority AE and AE lock, manual exposure, a easy to use +/- dial for deliberate over- or underexposure, a decent viewfinder, electronic self-timer (useful for macro and tele work), and - last but not least - some pretty good lenses. Images with the Sekor E 2.8/28mm, the EF 1.4/50mm and the E 4/200mm came out surprisingly well. I remember that on one of my first Kodachrome 64 slides taken with the 4/200mm one could see the window bars of the house of my girlfriend - at a distance of nearly 2 km. I really was impressed Wink. Wide open, of course!

S

PS I have not, up to this day, seen a Sekor E 4/300mm lens here in Switzerland ...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:

Here it is - on my beloved Mamiya ZM ... which I used to take pictures during high school. Daily. Mainly girls, back then.
Usually either with the Sekor 3.8/80-200mm zoom or the Sekor EF 1.4/50. Landscape photography started only later ... Wink

Oh, you were thát guy Wink

stevemark wrote:

Images with the Sekor E 2.8/28mm, the EF 1.4/50mm and the E 4/200mm came out surprisingly well. I remember that on one of my first Kodachrome 64 slides taken with the 4/200mm one could see the window bars of the house of my girlfriend - at a distance of nearly 2 km. I really was impressed Wink. Wide open, of course!

Wow, Kodachrome, those were the days. Haven't seen the 300mm in The Netherlands either. I forgot where I found my 50/1.4, probably abroad. The 50/1.7 is very common and cheap, and very good as well.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Agfa Solagon 55 is ready too. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy tip for Dutch and Belgian people. There’s a Minolta md 75-150/4 on Marktplaats right now for 50€. I already have one, otherwise it would be mine 😊.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sold already

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprised 😕

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My K-1 hasn't broken down yet, so no SR mount for me :p

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
There’s a Minolta md 75-150/4 on Marktplaats right now for 50€. I already have one, otherwise it would be mine 😊.

Thanks for the tip, it will be mine.

Aad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
caspert79 wrote:
There’s a Minolta md 75-150/4 on Marktplaats right now for 50€. I already have one, otherwise it would be mine 😊.

Thanks for the tip, it will be mine.

Aad

Great, you got it?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Dog

On its way!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Happy Dog
On its way!

Took it out a week ago, couldn't believe how good it is. But judging from the market prices not many people know this.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting for my new (again) skoparex 35/3,4 and Dynarex 90/3,4.
Both in DKL mount with Ultramatic CS body.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I just bought a Canon A1 body with a FD 35/2 concave on it from an unsuspecting buyer. Which is good news, because I regret selling mine a while ago. Now let's hope it's in good condition.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
I'm pretty sure I just bought a Canon A1 body with a FD 35/2 concave on it from an unsuspecting buyer. Which is good news, because I regret selling mine a while ago. Now let's hope it's in good condition.

About two years ago I got both the FD 2/35 (convex) as well as the FD 2/28 - which are nice lenses in their own. Obviously there a quite a few sub-variants of the concave FD 2/35mm (see here http://www.artaphot.ch/canon-fd/fd-lenses/454-canon-fd-35mm-f2) ... but I've never seen one here for a reasonable price Wink. Not yet ...!

S

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

About two years ago I got both the FD 2/35 (convex) as well as the FD 2/28 - which are nice lenses in their own. Obviously there a quite a few sub-variants of the concave FD 2/35mm (see here http://www.artaphot.ch/canon-fd/fd-lenses/454-canon-fd-35mm-f2) ... but I've never seen one here for a reasonable price Wink. Not yet ...!

S

First one I bought as well for very little money as part of a whole camera set, so it's possible 😊.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works great on my GFX and it lives up to the hype.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:

Funny, I was looking into this lens today. It should do great on your Fuji!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
KEO wrote:

Funny, I was looking into this lens today. It should do great on your Fuji!

Yes, it does. It gives a different look to the images compared to adapted full frame lenses. It's hard to describe - a little like a full frame lens adapted to APSC, only on a larger scale. You get the best part of the gigantic projection circle with very low distortions.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamiya ZE 70-150mm 3.8 (504g) ,compared to the Zeiss Sonnar 135mm 2.8 at 585 gr. , It feels light ,but still just a little bit longer . This one it came very cheap (broken) but it's got the first element with a tiny separation .Besides this issue, seems ok and quick shots aren't bad , it's my first zoom in this range ,might be the only one untill I would find a cheap MD in this FL. I'll have to check CA as the canon nFD is suffering from it ,reason why (and bearing issues) I didn't go for the canon.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
Mamiya ZE 70-150mm 3.8 (504g) ,compared to the Zeiss Sonnar 135mm 2.8 at 585 gr. , It feels light ,but still just a little bit longer . This one it came very cheap (broken) but it's got the first element with a tiny separation .Besides this issue, seems ok and quick shots aren't bad , it's my first zoom in this range ,might be the only one untill I would find a cheap MD in this FL. I'll have to check CA as the canon nFD is suffering from it ,reason why (and bearing issues) I didn't go for the canon.

Show the results please!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally made resizing pics, first 2 on min focus distance, im not sure , but might be all wide open