Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last Lenses what i buy : Olympus Pen F 60 f1.5. Result : http://forum.mflenses.com/posting,mode,quote,p,1569860.html

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikkor "Q" 135mm f 2.8 Mr. Green Mr. Green

It has a really cool no-rattle locking built-in hood.

Nice to see someone besides me home converting these things.
Not a bad job, even if a tiny shade rough. It works well on the D-810.

Same shop had these, which I more or less jumped at.
Nikon filters.

They come in beautiful little jewel cases that I haven't seen for the longest time.

Two of them came lettered in red, which is a very nice touch. (the L-1-A came white lettered)

There was a scrap of paper mostly in Japanese in the A-2 filter box.
What's interesting is how many, and which focal length lenses came with the same 52mm filter size...

-D.S.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Sharptail wrote:

Luv this old beauty ) My favourite among the non-Ai generation of tele-Nikkors after 100mm f/2.5 and 85mm f/1.8

My recent catch - two Canons of about the same age - FL 135mm f/2.5 and FL 200mm f/3.5 and their younger brother nFD 20mm f/2.8 ))

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starbucklover69 wrote:
My last Lenses what i buy : Olympus Pen F 60 f1.5. Result :

. . .

A lovely collection!

[By the way, the link in your post just leads to a draft. But I did find your photos posted here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/show-us-your-cameras-t78192,start,287.html]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manichaean wrote:
Doc Sharptail wrote:

Luv this old beauty ) My favourite among the non-Ai generation of tele-Nikkors after 100mm f/2.5 and 85mm f/1.8

I like it a lot as well. I've always gotten good performance out of it too, with definite vintage character.

I'm also a fan of the hood, although I worry about denting it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
caspert79 wrote:
Minolta Rokkor MC-X 100mm f/2.5 (in later 5/5 configuration).
I recently sold my New MD 100/2.5 because I like more the build quality of the older versions.

What version was your MD you've sold? Mine one, the MD-1 (I guess: 5L , 1meter and 55mm) i consider it's got a good build quality, except the grease that's got a bit strong (more than the MC Minolta's ,that are super nice over the years).
On the other hand , would the screwing hood of the MD-1 fitt the MC-X version 55mm?

New MD so the last version with rhe small filter size.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Kyoei Acall 250mm F/4 in practically unmarked condition with correct hood lens cap and case, unfortunately still suffering from the uncleanable haze that most examples seem to have. It also had some fungus, which cleaned out okay. I don't think the haze was bad enough to deteriorate the IQ noticeably. Interestingly I tried to swap the glass from a (Kyoei made) Yashinon 250mm F/4 over, but they are slightly different, Kyoei altered the manufacturing setup for the lens at some point. The Yashinon glass does not have haze, so perhaps something else in the manufacture changed also.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!

From the days that hoods were still designed to be effective rather than conveniently small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micro-Nikkor Ai-s 55mm f/2.8. Had it before, but didn’t really need it. But it is a splendid lens, and the price was too good. I’m intending to use it as a general purpose standard lens, as it is incredibly sharp.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Micro-Nikkor Ai-s 55mm f/2.8. Had it before, but didn’t really need it. But it is a splendid lens, and the price was too good. I’m intending to use it as a general purpose standard lens, as it is incredibly sharp.

Pics when you have it in hand please.

Been watching an A/I 55 3.5 on the local buy and sell for a while now.
It's a bit too far out of my price range, and I'll just watch Razz

-D.S.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Sharptail wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

Pics when you have it in hand please.

Been watching an A/I 55 3.5 on the local buy and sell for a while now.
It's a bit too far out of my price range, and I'll just watch Razz

-D.S.

It should be possible to find a micro Nikkor 55/3.5 at a low price. I sold mine recently for 60€. Very sharp lens as well!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have 2 here- the P and the P.C. 3.5 versions, and can afford to wait Mr. Green

-D.S.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Enna Tele-Lithagon 135/3.5 for a Geiss modified C4. Apparently the glass hood is a collectors item. I made an adapter from a busted Geiss C4, this copy of the lens is decent but not great.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:

A Enna Tele-Lithagon 135/3.5 for a Geiss modified C4. Apparently the glass hood is a collectors item. I made an adapter from a busted Geiss C4, this copy of the lens is decent but not great.

Congrats

I think the hood is the most beautiful Enna made by Enna.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why they decided for that hood design instead of the usual full-metal slotted see-through rangefinder lens hood. Cheaper to make? (although I somehow doubt that)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a plastic fantastic Canon EF compact macro 50mm f/2.5 for 60 euros . Not an MF lens of course, but I will probably I will mostly use it in MF mode. Max magnification is 1:2, and it's a very good performer. At infinity it is better than the micro-Nikkor Ai-s 55/2.8, at least at the corners. Nice versatile lens for lightweight traveling I suppose.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto Mamiya/Sekor 35mm f/2.8 and Auto Mamiya/ Sekor 135mm f/2.8. They’re from the 1000TL /500TL generation. Didn’t have time yet to test them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really a new purchase, but I finally got round to making an improvised adapter for these Agfa Ambi-Sillette lenses and trying them.

Oddly enough the 'normal' lens is the weakest of them. I tried two copies of the Solinar 50mm F/2.8, even the better one was not particularly sharp with reduced contrast wide open. At F8 it's as sharp and contrasty as an average normal lens.

The Ambion 35mm F/4 is a big surprise, being a mid-1950s rangefinder wide angle lens. A tessar design with 4 elements, the sharpness and contrast is excellent from wide open, and gets better by F8. Resolution just detectably starts to fall off in the extreme corner, so the image circle 'just' covers 35mm. I've never seen a 35mm lens with a front element this small before.

The 90mm and 130mm Telinear lenses also both exceeded my expectations in terms of contrast and resolution.

The adapter was from a lens 'bubble' that came with the 90mm lens. It holds the lens but thats about it. If I want to use these lenses more I will need to make some way to stop the lens just spinning around when you try to focus them, as it was a 2-handed job trying to test them. I will also need to alter the registration distance slightly, I had to turn the helicoil out a bit to get infinity focus point, and the minimum focus distance of these lenses is already only 1m. I tried to use a 10-15mm helicoil 52-42 adapter, but unfortunately my Panasonic's 20mm flange distance is a little much, it's those times I wish I had a Sony or Nikon FF.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympus OM 50mm f2 Auto-Macro, for use as a general purpose MF 50mm lens on an Eos R body.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bp_reid wrote:
Olympus OM 50mm f2 Auto-Macro, for use as a general purpose MF 50mm lens on an Eos R body.

Nice, did you find it at a good price?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
bp_reid wrote:

Not a miraculous price, but reasonable, £209 including delivery from Park Cameras here in the UK.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bp_reid wrote:
caspert79 wrote:
bp_reid wrote:

Not a miraculous price, but reasonable, £209 including delivery from Park Cameras here in the UK.

That’s the best prive I’ve seen so far.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to yesterdays post, I used another lens bubble to make an even more dodgy adapter for Ambiflex lenses. It will mount, but doesn't lock. I had to fashion a custom lever thingy and epoxy it in to get some aperture control. Fortunately with this one I can use a helicoid adapter to do the focussing.

I only have two of the available lenses for this system, but the Solagon was one I was quite keen to try. It didn't disappoint, and has very good IQ even from wide open. As per usual, this is from the perspective - for that era. Actually, for that era it could be called outstanding, IMO just that little bit better compared to the Xenons, Quinons, Ennalyts, Westagons etc from the same era. Maybe more comparable to a slightly upmarket offering such as the Septon lens.

The 135mm F4 was competent. It shared the same characteristics of both the Ambiflex and Ambi Sillette lenses I've tried in that the images feature very saturated colour levels. I actually checked the camera to make sure I hadn't accidentally selected 'Vivid' in the photo setup. Even on an overcast day the images are very pleasant ot the eye, from all the lenses mentioned.

edit - check out the fake blur my phone adds to the image. Only just noticed it...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:

Further to yesterdays post, I used another lens bubble to make an even more dodgy adapter for Ambiflex lenses. It will mount, but doesn't lock. I had to fashion a custom lever thingy and epoxy it in to get some aperture control. Fortunately with this one I can use a helicoid adapter to do the focussing.

I only have two of the available lenses for this system, but the Solagon was one I was quite keen to try. It didn't disappoint, and has very good IQ even from wide open. As per usual, this is from the perspective - for that era. Actually, for that era it could be called outstanding, IMO just that little bit better compared to the Xenons, Quinons, Ennalyts, Westagons etc from the same era. Maybe more comparable to a slightly upmarket offering such as the Septon lens.

The 135mm F4 was competent. It shared the same characteristics of both the Ambiflex and Ambi Sillette lenses I've tried in that the images feature very saturated colour levels. I actually checked the camera to make sure I hadn't accidentally selected 'Vivid' in the photo setup. Even on an overcast day the images are very pleasant ot the eye, from all the lenses mentioned.

edit - check out the fake blur my phone adds to the image. Only just noticed it...

The Solagon is sold for more than most other 50/2.0 west Germany lenses in the eBay. Build quality is the best of its time from west Germany I would say together with the Robot Royal lenses.