Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steinheil 85mm f2.8
Rollei 85mm f2.8 (a rebranded Maymiya SX?)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
Steinheil 85mm f2.8

Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:

I have one of those under the name of Voightlander.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention, a Sigma YS 300mm f4 that's arrived and appears to be in excellent condition- no haze, fungus or scratches. I'm hoping it will be a good example to test and see if it's so bad.

However.... there is something curious about it that I will be making a thread on.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another free helios

ps. the first test

DSC_0734 by Mr TTT, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergtum wrote:
another free helios

Looks good.

Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is getting out of hand.... but

That Dorr is just a rebadged Oshiro 60mm f2.8, which is a fine macro lens. In new condition. Usually goes for a lot more.

The Kiron has been listed as parts/repair due to two tiny fungus blotches behind front element which they circled. Oh well- certainly not worth justifying even disassembly for cleaning!

And finally, how on earth did I land not one but two Nikon 1.5x TC-E15ED front teleconverters!? Wait ages and then two come a long at dirt cheap price. They're abit long to make wide-field binoculars. I want them to experiment with 50mm taking lenses. Seemingly in good condition.

No I don't have infinite money :p The Kiron will go with a 'collection' of Kiron lenses I'm building up to sell. One of the Nikons will go. And the Oshiro might stay even though I have quality enlarger lenses (until I can figure out a decent helicoid that is).

Oshiro might have more of a sweet spot on APS-C than 50mm enlarger lenses? It would be silly to put enlarger lenses in same class of coverage as Cinelux. Maybe I'm mistaken.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggplant wrote:
I forgot to mention, a Sigma YS 300mm f4 that's arrived and appears to be in excellent condition- no haze, fungus or scratches. I'm hoping it will be a good example to test and see if it's so bad.

However.... there is something curious about it that I will be making a thread on.

If I could find deals like that my shelves would be full! Plus I would probably have more shelf room because the wife would leave me! Lol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_tibbs2004 wrote:
eggplant wrote:

If I could find deals like that my shelves would be full! Plus I would probably have more shelf room because the wife would leave me! Lol

http://forum.mflenses.com/sigma-300mm-f4-ys-with-extra-glass-om-adapter-t84006.html

Do you still want it? Razz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
caspert79 wrote:
Canon EF 100/2 (and K&F AF adapter for Sony).

Congrats Please let us know how is the adapter! Can't wait to see your photos...

For whoever is interested: I dumped some results in the AF corner: http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1567581.html#1567581
I'm very pleased with the results of this lens.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen one other 5cm F1.5 Sonnar from this 1932 batch of 100 production test run lenses. That one was the lowest SN 5cm F1.5 Sonnar recorded by Thiele, and the owner donated it to Zeiss. I'm not that nice. This formulation of the Sonnar was changed very early, note this one goes to F8. The Sonnars that stop down to F11 were reformulated. Not many of these were made before being reformulated. Less than my Nikkor-SC 5cm F1.5. Those are my "ultimate Sonnars".

This 1934 5cm F1.5 came in chrome mount. The last 3 digits of the SN was also on the inside of the mount, which is one of the earliest Chrome mounts that I've seen. My 1934 Sonnar made a few tens of units before this one came in the Black ring mount.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fiftyonepointsix wrote:
I've seen one other 5cm F1.5 Sonnar from this 1932 batch of 100 production test run lenses. That one was the lowest SN 5cm F1.5 Sonnar recorded by Thiele, and the owner donated it to Zeiss. I'm not that nice. This formulation of the Sonnar was changed very early, note this one goes to F8. The Sonnars that stop down to F11 were reformulated. Not many of these were made before being reformulated. Less than my Nikkor-SC 5cm F1.5. Those are my "ultimate Sonnars".

This 1934 5cm F1.5 came in chrome mount. The last 3 digits of the SN was also on the inside of the mount, which is one of the earliest Chrome mounts that I've seen. My 1934 Sonnar made a few tens of units before this one came in the Black ring mount.

I want one of these early Sonnars for a long time. Congrats

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto Yashinon DX 35mm 2.8

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fiftyonepointsix wrote:
Those are my "ultimate Sonnars".

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
Auto Yashinon DX 35mm 2.8

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this Kiev-15 camera with 3 lenses on the way, with the Jupiter 9 being of most interest. I will need to now buy a 3D printer to make myself a mount adapter for digital use.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely. A good in detail review here https://mikeeckman.com/2020/06/kiev-15-ttl-1980/

There's also an official service manual uploaded on the internet, and I've found some recent disassembly pics on one Russian forum to help.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:

I have this Kiev-15 camera with 3 lenses on the way, with the Jupiter 9 being of most interest. I will need to now buy a 3D printer to make myself a mount adapter for digital use.

Nice and interesting set! Now only the 3.5/20mm (Mir-20) is missing ... These cameras are virtually non-existing here in Switzerland (even the stuff from former Eastern Germany is scarce, since people here usually did buy Japanese SLRs and Leicas).

S

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Photo from the seller)

These are on the way. Need to buy a larger helicoid or adapter to use them.... Laugh 1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Agfa 100/2.8, 85/2.8, & 60/2.8

These are on the way. Need to buy a larger helicoid or adapter to use them.... Laugh 1

Of course http://forum.mflenses.com/agfa-minilab-lenses-t81794.html was no influence at all! (Just kidding!) Congrats

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

Of course http://forum.mflenses.com/agfa-minilab-lenses-t81794.html was no influence at all! (Just kidding!) Congrats

Yes. This thread remind me Agfa made some projection lenses too. Some of them are pretty rare to find.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takumar preset 135mm/3.5 version 2
Takumar 135mm 1:3.5 Model II by The lens profile, on Flickr
Needs cleaning from fungus
Takumar 135mm 1:3.5 Model II by The lens profile, on Flickr

Komura 135mm 1:3.5 (presumably a triplet).
Sankyo Kohki Komura 135mm 1:3.5 by The lens profile, on Flickr
needs some cleaning
but came with a hood, which is good because it has non standard 48mm filter thread. I don't have a step-up or down ring for that. Those seem to go to 46 from 49.

And a new copy of the SMC Pentax-A 28-135mm 1:4. My old copy was very decentered.
SMC Pentax-A Zoom 28-135mm 1:4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Komura 135mm 1:3.5 is a 5 element lens..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:

Yes, I think that one is five elements too.
There is also a three element version. I have it in LTM
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

Yes, I think that one is five elements too.
There is also a three element version. I have it in LTM
Tom

I don't know the LTM version but the SLR version should have 5 elements. I think they put the wrong chart here.