Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be a busy weekend Very Happy

[/code]


PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 4:06 pm    Post subject: Minolta ROKKOR-TC 100/4 Reply with quote

Took delivery of a Minolta ROKKOR-TC 100/4 (made in 1964~66) the day before. Sharpest at f/5.6. Fun lens!



PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whelp, I rolled the dice on a cheap and very clean LOOKING Soligor 35-105mm f3.5 two-touch zoom I was looking forward to using for video purposes.

It's squeaky-clean, heavy, and a joy to operate... unfortunately it has substantial hazing smack in the middle of the rear (cemented as best I can tell) lens group that is likely beyond my limited abilities to access/clean.

You win some, you lose some!

So now I'm on the hunt for a donor lens with clean glass that I can swap in. Or maybe I can just save this lens and pretend it just has a permanently installed Level 3 pro-mist filter on it?





PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hapgood wrote:
Whelp, I rolled the dice on a cheap and very clean LOOKING Soligor 35-105mm f3.5 two-touch zoom I was looking forward to using for video purposes.

It's squeaky-clean, heavy, and a joy to operate... unfortunately it has substantial hazing smack in the middle of the rear (cemented as best I can tell) lens group that is likely beyond my limited abilities to access/clean.

You win some, you lose some!

So now I'm on the hunt for a donor lens with clean glass that I can swap in. Or maybe I can just save this lens and pretend it just has a permanently installed Level 3 pro-mist filter on it?



I have one with the same issue. It may be worth while to look for another 35-105mm.


PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like something I have but I checked. It's 45-150mm. Also Tokina though.


PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamiya Sekor SX 135mm f/5.6.
I don’t know much about this lens, but it was cheap, and I liked the SX lenses I used so far.


PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Mamiya Sekor SX 135mm f/5.6.
I don’t know much about this lens, but it was cheap, and I liked the SX lenses I used so far.


That must be a very small 135mm or a typo


PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Looks like something I have but I checked. It's 45-150mm. Also Tokina though.


Appreciate the thought! I'm on the lookout for that model as well, as it tends to give pretty similar results.

There are some of the same lens as I have on eBay right now, including some that are broken in various ways and listed for parts/repair, but the asking prices on all of them are more than I'd want to pay for a donor lens. I'll find one eventually!

Another package today, I snagged this one quite soon after it was listed. I already have a Vivitar 100mm 2.8 with a "40xxxx..." serial number, will be interesting to see how this new one (which has a "37xxxx..." serial and is apparently a Tokina) compares.





PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two 35's


#1


PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
caspert79 wrote:
Mamiya Sekor SX 135mm f/5.6.
I don’t know much about this lens, but it was cheap, and I liked the SX lenses I used so far.


That must be a very small 135mm or a typo

My typo of course, 200mm.


PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
D1N0 wrote:
caspert79 wrote:
Mamiya Sekor SX 135mm f/5.6.
I don’t know much about this lens, but it was cheap, and I liked the SX lenses I used so far.


That must be a very small 135mm or a typo

My typo of course, 200mm.


not 300?


PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote


(sellers pic)

I just scored a set of three Enna sockel type lenses (without the adapter), a 240mm F/4.5, 135mm F/3.5 and 28mm F/3.5, and was the only bidder. Without the adapter they aren't so useful, but I already have the 50mm F/1.9 lens which came with an M42 adapter on a Praktica IV camera last year. There are two versions/ranges of the sockel range, the earlier range was semi-automatic and the second was automatic, as I understand it. The earlier range has a 'thick' zebra finish, whilst the second has a much finer zebra pattern, so I'm fairly certain these lenses will fit my v1 adapter and make a decent shooting set.


PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
caspert79 wrote:
D1N0 wrote:
caspert79 wrote:
Mamiya Sekor SX 135mm f/5.6.
I don’t know much about this lens, but it was cheap, and I liked the SX lenses I used so far.


That must be a very small 135mm or a typo

My typo of course, 200mm.


not 300?


Don’t know what’s wrong with me. 300mm sure. But the buyer retracted the sell, and told me his wife already sold it. Now he put it for sale again however, but wants more money for it 😢.
So I decided to buy a Mamiya C 300/5.6 (for 645) instead 🤗.


PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotted an Olympus Zuiko 80mm close-up lens f:170mm at £7, inc postage, while browsing for a 49mm cap.

Hoping it’s in a good state to use with my 80 & variable tube.


PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bp_reid wrote:
Spotted an Olympus Zuiko 80mm close-up lens f:170mm at £7, inc postage, while browsing for a 49mm cap.

Hoping it’s in a good state to use with my 80 & variable tube.


If the seller sends you the cap only, it will be an expensive 49mm cap... Laugh 1


PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In another post I asked for opinions about the 78-205 exaktar. It has been sold under other names too.

https://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_915.html#prettyPhoto

I got the lens now with me. Paid 0.00 as a gift. It's in excellent condition with only very few dust specs in the glass. No haze, 6 clean blades. Single coated apparently. Works perfectly, but the mount is in fact an YS. I understand any T-mount will do, but I have to find / buy one before I can comment on the performance. I don't expect miracles anyway and don't care much since it's an almost first generation zoom, heavy and big, but this is one thing I like. It will join my other 55-300, 75-260, 90-230 and more from that time. Wink




PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting for brighter weather Smile



PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSC0169 by Mr TTT, on Flickr


PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Waiting for brighter weather Smile


Is it the teleconverter, or 500 BB, or both?

I managed to pick up a clean copy of the 500 B with a 5 filter set.
Much better than the filter-less B I had previously.

-D.S.


PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Sharptail wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
Waiting for brighter weather Smile


Is it the teleconverter, or 500 BB, or both?

I managed to pick up a clean copy of the 500 B with a 5 filter set.
Much better than the filter-less B I had previously.

-D.S.


TC was in bundle with other stuff in first MF-oriented purchase, 2008 or so... 55BB is more recent. 55BB has different rear lens group than 55B, better for closeups.

Now combination is "latest lens" due to arrival of Tamron/PK adapter. Smile

So what's the shake reduction focal length setting for 1000mm lens that does 1:1.5 magnification without using TC helical, possibly more extended? (Oh, 1000mm is max setting available)


PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 3:30 pm    Post subject: Rodenstock Apo-Rodagon 50/2.8 [V2] Reply with quote



This was the one that looked like the N but wasn't - 1984-1985 only.


Last edited by 16:9 on Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total


PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:

Don’t know what’s wrong with me. 300mm sure. But the buyer retracted the sell, and told me his wife already sold it. Now he put it for sale again however, but wants more money for it 😢.
So I decided to buy a Mamiya C 300/5.6 (for 645) instead 🤗.


I'm sure the Sekor C 5.6/300mm is much better than the previously mentioned SX 5.6/300mm! Your Sekor C, by the way, is as good (=free of CAs) as the later Sekor CN version which was marked with the prestigious "ULD" (ultra low dispersion) sign. Both lenses are extremely well corrected, and in visible light they have very few CAs (I have both, the Sekor C and the CN "ULD", and I have compared them side by side).

S


PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hapgood wrote:
Long time since I've gotten any new glass (that's worth mentioning at least).

Snagged a deal on this one (Canon nFD 2/135mm), and pleased to add it to my Canon collection. Not a lot of info on this lens floating around, it seems. Was surprised to see it's unlisted on the Canon Classics site. A pretty thorough search turns up an old blog post or two but that's it.


Anyone have any firsthand info/experiences with it?


It was my second 2/135mm lens, after the Minolta MD-III 2/135mm. Since my Minolta had bees stolen befor I got the Canon nFD,
I could compare them only recently, when I got another MD 2/135mm. Along with the Nikkor AiS 2/135mm its one of the classic 2/135mm
lenses. Of these three, I use the Canon most often. At infinity, all three lenses perform very similarly, even thoiugh my Minolta is slightly
better at infinity. The Canon is realively lightweight, and ist focis is moother than the Minolta and the Nikkor. That's why I use it most often.

S

PS latest lenses:

Tamon 3.5-4.2/35-135mm CF Tele Macro in perfect. like new state (in addition my first sample which looks rather lousy).
Nikkor AiS 3.5-4.5/35-200mm (in a quite bad state with fogged lenses and focus locked at infinity - something to fiddle around with it.
Obviously not even Richard Haw did repair it (see https://richardhaw.com/lens-repair-articles/). And it's a pretty interesting construction with one
lens made of a glass similar to the famous Noctilux glass (nD 1.9 and v=36). Three more lenses are made of glass with nD>1.85!

S


PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 135 is one of the better lenses from the F/D series.
Not all F/D lenses match the standard set by this one.
The copy I used "snap" focuses much similar to the 105 2.5 nikkor, and the contrast is excellent.

If the F/D mount wasn't such a convoluted user process, I probably would have kept it for myself.


-D.S.


PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:35 pm    Post subject: ` Reply with quote

A few days ago, I posted images of my latest acquisition -- a Canon 7s and 50mm f/1.2. Both items were very dirty. I've had time to clean them thoroughly now. The 7s cleaned up really well. This outfit came with a durable leather case, which has held up well. And it has also protected both the camera and lens, resulting in an outfit that is in excellent condition.

The lens had a buildl-up of oily looking residue on an interior element. It was bad enough that it was affecting photo quality. So I took it apart. The affected element was a rear one, but in order to get to it, I had to remove the entire optical assembly from its housing. I was then able to remove a rear group. The most interior element of the group was next to the aperture irus, and I'm sure that the iris was the source of the build-up of oily residue. I removed the residue with a soft cloth and some special solvent intended for glue and ink removal. I figured it should handle the oily stuff, and I was right. I was rather surprised to see that the residue on the cloth was a dark brown color. It showed as a light yellow color on the len. Oh well, it's gone now. Otherwise, the lens is in perfect optical condition.

Here's a better photo of the lens, attached to my NEX 7.



I had a chance to take it out today and shoot some with it. It's really hot out, and I couldn't find any flowers blooming. Usually, we have at least an azalea bush with blooms, but nothing right now. So, I did the next best thing and focused on my dog. His name is Chalie and he is a Great Pyrenees.



A couple of pool nets on poles.



The above images were shot with the lens set to f/8 -- a good compromise for this lens. I found its sharpness to be good, but contrast was somewhat soft. I was able to correct that mostly in post.