Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
D1N0 wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:
Panagor 35-100mm f3.5. I may already have a copy. Don’t know who made this lens. Usually the range is 35-105.

Could be Komine could be Kino. Panagor (Jaca corporation) worked with both.

Found an image with the box. It as 14 element in 12 groups lens:

Thanks for the package photo. I suspect it is neither. Panagor/Kiron/Kino usually don't have PMC stamp on the lens rim, for example, 28mm/2.5 and 21mm/4, and a zoom (?). Panagor/Komine have PMC, for example, 55mm/2.8 and 90mm/2.8. The 35mm/2 is unknown (more towards Komine), as we discussed before.

The 35-100/3.5 has the PMC. From this point of view, it is more likely Komine, also because it is relatively newer. But Komine doesn't seem to have 35-100/3.5, or even 35-105mm/3.5. I have the suspect it is Tokina, if Tokina once has a single ring 35-105mm/3.5 for Vivitar (I can't remember clearly).

Anyway, it is a beautiful lens, as all other Panagor lenses. Looking forward to seeing it.

Tokina usually has a silver mount ring with a red dot at the bottom. There is a Chinon/Revuenon 35-100mm 1:3.5-4.2/4.5 with 67mm filter thread suppposedly made by Cimko (although Pentaxforums says Tamron but I don't think that's right).

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a used f3.8/78mm quartz lens for UV photography with Nikon-F mount.

https://www.universeoptics.com/uvlens_assemblies/

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ are those on extension tubes by default or do they have such a long flange focal distance?

Nifty little 28mm Vivitar 28mm 2.8 MC with A contacts made by Cosina
Vivitar 28mm 1:2.8 MC wide angle by The lens profile, on Flickr

Vivitar 28mm 1:2.8 MC wide angle by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the parts pile I think.
$7.00 at the thrift shop.
A bit hazy, and in P/K mount with a Yashica rear cap.

A bit of a macro area.

Mount from the rear showing the high number of bearings in the aperture return mechanism.
Perhaps this is not one to be played with...

-D.S.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dane03 wrote:
Dane03 wrote:
Voigtländer SL 125mm 2.5 APO LANTHAR incoming Happy Dog

Can't wait for it to arrive to use it with my Nikon Df and it's "brothers".
After comparison I am wondering if I can then part with either one of them

Voigtländer SL 75mm 2.5 Color Heliar
Voigtländer SL II 90mm 3.5 APO LANTHAR
Voigtländer SL 180mm 4.0 APO LANTHAR

or ending up with a bunch of "keepers" Rolling Eyes

Well.. one could tell I already new it... Being a huge fan of the first (SL) series of lenses, now I have found the SL 90mm 3.5 APO LANTHAR in pristine condition

Last edited by Dane03 on Sat May 07, 2022 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dane03 wrote:

Well.. one could tell I already new it... Being a huge fan of the first (SL) series of lenses, now I have found the SL 90mm 3.5 APO LANTHAR in pristine condition
so that I am going to part with the like new and boxed Voigtländer SL II 90mm 3.5 APO LANTHAR

Which DOES NOT BELONG HERE but in the "FOR SALE SECTION", but since you have not 200 posts yet, so you cannot list anything for sale yet here...SORRY

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replacement copy for my Pentacon 200/4 (aperture broken and still haven't figured out how to get to it) came by in an auction and a made a safety bid (not too much) Nobody out bid it so.. 25 euro's The distance scale is off but the lens does reach infinity.

Pentacon 200mm 1:4 by The lens profile, on Flickr

Pentacon 200mm 1:4 by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RokkorDoctor wrote:
stevemark wrote:
Antoine wrote:
Just received a Minolta MD fish eye 7.5 mm f 4. All excited!

That's understandable Wink
I only saw one once, when I was picking up some stuff from a nearby collector. It was an MD-III (which well may be the rarest version of the MD 4/7.5mm Fisheye). I was looking like new. THe guy had paid CHF (USD/EUR) 70.-- for that beast ...

S

Yes, you'll enjoy that one Antoine!

The only Minolta ROKKOR / MD lens that actually has any gears in it (for the built-in filter rotation mechanism, the 16mm fish-eye uses a different mechanism).

Be very careful with that front element though, things that look a bit close in the viewfinder will be nearly touching the glass...

CHF 70.-- Stephan? Seriously ??? Shocked

Well, these things happen ...

Today I was in town, looking through the stuff at the flea market - not a single camera, let alone an interesting lens! Mainly women, and cloths / shoes, though. So I decided to walk over to the only remaining photo store in town. And what did I find there? Hidden behind a few old Nikkors there was a small label saying "Minolta MD 17mm CHF 99.--". I couldn't see the lens that well, but judging from the price it probably would be a Tokina 17mm with Minolta MD mount, I thought. Nevertheless I went in, asking to have a look at the lens. I was shown a real and proper Minolta MD 4/17mm - and even the most rare MD-III version! Well, I couldn't believe it ...

Here it is (lens only, the camera is from my collection):

The lens is in perfect condition, not the slightest trace of use. Even the rubber on the focusing grip feels snappy and like "out of the box". Incredible. Yes, it was CHF 99.-- (USD 100.-- / EUR 95.--), and yes, there were three months guarantee (just in case ...).

So I have now two versions of this rather rare (and rather good) superwide:

Some weeks ago there was a MC-X 4/17mm for sale locally, but when the auction reached nearly CHF 400.-- I stopped bidding...

S

Last edited by stevemark on Sun May 08, 2022 8:02 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Replacement copy for my Pentacon 200/4 (aperture broken and still haven't figured out how to get to it)

Good luck fixing your old one. I quite like those 200s. I believe they were originally designed for medium format. Mine are extremely sharp with the aperture closed a bit - at least in the center.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 8:43 pm    Post subject: Minolta MC-II Macro Rokkor-QF 50mm/3.5 Reply with quote

Was lucky enough to score a complete set of the Minolta MC-II Macro Rokkor-QF 50mm/3.5 including the 1:1 Macro Tube, Reverse ring, front cap, rear caps for the lens and the Macro Tube. Some minor hairline cleaning marks on the front and rear lens elements and no fungus and haze in the lens elements. This is my very first macro lens and it's a fun one!

When photographing a flat subject spanning the entire frame at a distance of about 1 meter (3.3 feet), at the same aperture values, image center of the QF 50/3.5 is very slightly less sharp than my MC-X Rokkor-PG 50mm/1.4 (said to be one of the sharpest Minolta manual lenses), but the QF's peripheral areas are sharper than the PG. This makes the center-to-corners sharpness of the QF very even. The PG slightly outperforms the QF in the contrast department at all aperture values.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Mir, I hope you didn't buy it piece by piece.... Smile

Konishiroku Hexanon 35/2.8 in Konica's F mount

Ive already had the 52/1.4 for about 2 years, all I need is the 85mm, and to make an adapter.

What's the status quo of that project ...?

Here's a teaser Wink

S

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made an F mount to Sony E adapter a decade ago so I could use the Konishiroku 2.8/35 as it's such a good lens. I have a few more F mount Hexanons as well, one is the 100mm, I forget what the others are but the 100mm is a very sharp thing.

http://forum.mflenses.com/konishiroku-hexanon-f2-8-35mm-on-nex-3-t47338.html

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
D1N0 wrote:
Replacement copy for my Pentacon 200/4 (aperture broken and still haven't figured out how to get to it)

Good luck fixing your old one. I quite like those 200s. I believe they were originally designed for medium format. Mine are extremely sharp with the aperture closed a bit - at least in the center.

I'll probably just use it for parts. The rear group is better than in my new one. Looks like it's got damaged coatings.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Today I was in town, looking through the stuff at the flea market - not a single camera, let alone an interesting lens! Mainly women, and cloths / shoes, though. So I decided to walk over to the only remaining photo store in town. And what did I find there? Hidden behind a few old Nikkors there was a small label saying "Minolta MD 17mm CHF 99.--". I couldn't see the lens that well, but judging from the price it probably would be a Tokina 17mm with Minolta MD mount, I thought. Nevertheless I went in, asking to have a look at the lens. I was shown a real and proper Minolta MD 4/17mm - and even the most rare MD-III version! Well, I couldn't believe it ...
S

That is a very good find!! Congrats

Unusual for a proper photo store; they must have been unaware of its rarity (MD-III) and market value:

a) hiding it behind some old Nikkors!?
b) pricing it that low!!??

Having said that, some "photo stores" here in the UK these days can tell you more about smartphone accessories than they can tell you about lenses Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RokkorDoctor wrote:

Unusual for a proper photo store; they must have been unaware of its rarity (MD-III) and market value

I'm not sure.

On several occasions I have seen that well doing photo stores (and I mean photo stores - not smartphone!) were selling stuff "under (ebay!) value" **.

I got my MD 5.6/250 RF lens for CHF 150.-- from the same people about three years ago; they gave me a nice Canon F-1 motor drive for free, as well as a Canon nFD 1.2/50mm L "like new" but with slow aperture for CHF 150.--, and so one. All recent prices (2019-2022). Once I got a set of three pre-Ai Nikkors (among them the 2.8/24 and the "Sonnar type" 2.5/105, all for free. "If I put them in the window, someone will buy them who doesn't care about the missing Ai functionaltity ... then he damages his camera and blames me ... so I prefer to give tha stuff to someone who knows!"

RokkorDoctor wrote:

a) hiding it behind some old Nikkors!?
b) pricing it that low!!??

Yeah, the shop owner doesn't regard Minolta as a producer of real photo equipment. It doesn't bother me.

RokkorDoctor wrote:
Having said that, some "photo stores" here in the UK these days can tell you more about smartphone accessories than they can tell you about lenses Rolling Eyes

At least there are stilll some ... here in Switzerland nearly all stores have disappeared. I'd guess that less than twenty have survived (not counting local photographers with a few point-and-shoot digicams in the window). Towns like Zürich or Basel (with a quite wealthy population) have one or two store, depending on how you count them. Same for Bern, the capital.

** EDIT
I have been discussing this with the owner of one of the largest shops here in Switzerland. Quite frankly he told me "If I sell internationally on ebay, I have too much trouble - lots of questions from potential buyers to answer, and lots of customer complaints after selling -, so I prefer NOT to advertise used equipment via the internet. Better to sell it locally - I get less, but I have MUCH less trouble".
Another one - now retired, but also from a large store - told me that he didn't want to make money from selling used stuff. He simply was charging what he had paid to the former owner when selling him new stuff. Usually his "occasions" were just a few days in the window, often only 1-2 days.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steinheil Cassarit 100 / 3.5 An uncommon lens in M42, more common in Exacta, this is well used but in good shape. The glass is perfect, as is the aperture. The focus wants new grease but it's perfectly usable and takes very nice pictures. Well worth the £40 I paid for it.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serendipity brought these two at the same day. One from Japan and one from here in the Netherlands.

Good looking hard to find (in Europe anyway) so I got one from Japan in an auction. Paid about 40% less than your average buyitnow price.

SMC Pentax-M 120mm 1:2.8 by The lens profile, on Flickr

SMC Pentax-M 120mm 1:2.8 by The lens profile, on Flickr

Looks good apart from aperture that won't close down consistently and protective flange is missing, so presumably some Canon shooting person has had their hands on it. It's not like I'll use it much other than wide open anyway so I don't care much. I paid 75 euro's for it which is a good deal for any 85mm lens.

SMC Pentax-M 85mm 1:2 by The lens profile, on Flickr

SMC Pentax-M 85mm 1:2 by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:

(Sellers Pic)

One of the more attractively styled early Japanese SLR lenses, a Juplen 135/2.8 for M42, this can also be found as a Sonnagar brand lens. The serial number has an 'S' prefix, which I strongly suspect points to Komura as the manufacturer. Most copies of this lens I have seen are still in excellent condition.

I have the sonnagar version, in what sure looks to be petri bayonet mount but doesn't quite fit up to a petri body (but does fit my 3D-printed petri adapter)

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto Sears 55mm f/1.8, looking like it is big brother Auto Sears 55mm f/1.4. The f/1.8 version I feel is less common than Sears/Sekor SX 55mm f/1.8.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Sharptail wrote:
stevemark wrote:
A few MF Nikkors -
* Nikkor-Q 2.8/135mm
* Zoom-Nikkor 3.5-4.5/35-135mm S

Some of the older nikkors like the Q and QC series do not perform that well at infinity wide open....
which is no reason to get rid of them, or complain.
I have to remind myself of their age, and enjoy using them at their sweet spots- sometimes a bit closer than infinity.
You may be able to get away with 5.6 for infinity with the Q 135mm 2.8. I can with the cheaper f3.5 variant, but it really likes f8.

-D.S.

The recently arrived Nikkor-Q 2.8/135mm not only is huge & heavy, but surprisingly good as well. Contrast is a bit low (coatings?),
but resolution on 24 MP FF is nearly as good as with my Zeiss CY Sonnar 2.8/135mm which at infinity is the best of my vintage
2.8/135mm lenses. The lens itself looks a bit battered, focusing has run dry (normal for many old Nikkors), and it has seen a lot of
(professional?) use.

Here shown with a Nikkor-K 2.8/135mm (Ai converted, though).

S

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Doc Sharptail wrote:
stevemark wrote:
A few MF Nikkors -
* Nikkor-Q 2.8/135mm
* Zoom-Nikkor 3.5-4.5/35-135mm S

Some of the older nikkors like the Q and QC series do not perform that well at infinity wide open....
which is no reason to get rid of them, or complain.
I have to remind myself of their age, and enjoy using them at their sweet spots- sometimes a bit closer than infinity.
You may be able to get away with 5.6 for infinity with the Q 135mm 2.8. I can with the cheaper f3.5 variant, but it really likes f8.

-D.S.

The recently arrived Nikkor-Q 2.8/135mm not only is huge & heavy, but surprisingly good as well. Contrast is a bit low (coatings?),
but resolution on 24 MP FF is nearly as good as with my Zeiss CY Sonnar 2.8/135mm which at infinity is the best of my vintage
2.8/135mm lenses. The lens itself looks a bit battered, focusing has run dry (normal for many old Nikkors), and it has seen a lot of
(professional?) use.

Here shown with a Nikkor-K 2.8/135mm (Ai converted, though).

S

Hi Stephan:

I have not seen the lens at left before.
Could you provide another photo showing it's name ring in it's entirety?
It doesn't look anything like a "Q" series to me, except for the chromed central body.

Nikon's L-37-C filter in 52mm helps contrast a tiny bit on the old single coated lenses.
These filters are from the '77-'80 era, and have the familiar green Nikkor coatings hue.
I could use a couple more of those filters myself.
They are getting a bit hard to find.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Sharptail wrote:

Hi Stephan:

I have not seen the lens at left before.
Could you provide another photo showing it's name ring in it's entirety?

Yes, sure:

Doc Sharptail wrote:

It doesn't look anything like a "Q" series to me, except for the chromed central body.
-D.S.

To me it looks pretty much like the 43-86mm zoom, or like early versions of the 3.5/55mm Micro:

S

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I had been thinking the "Q" 135mm f2.8 would have a fluted metal focusing ring like all the others.
I have to get into looking at variants.

I did see that collapsible lens hood system before- in the late 70's in a camera shop in Toronto.
It's lens had a price tag on it far beyond my range, so I didn't even get a look at it.

Thanks for the photo's!

-D.S.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamiya-Sekor C 110mm f/2.8 (645 system).

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asahi Opt. Co., Japan Takumar 1:4 f=35mm from last batch in 1964 of model introduced in 1957 -- Asahi's first wide-angle 35mm retro-focus lens.

https://takumarguide.weebly.com/1--4--35-329.html