Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super-Multi-Coated TAKUMAR 1:2 / 35

Bought at bargain price "for parts only" to fix "missing a screw" lens bought previously -- received in excellent condition! Oh darn, still looking for parts lens. LOL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

Bought at bargain price "for parts only" to fix "missing a screw" lens bought previously -- received in excellent condition! Oh darn, still looking for parts lens. LOL
Laugh 1 Laugh 1 Laugh 1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

That problem sounds very familiar to me! Wink

I've given up on on trying to fix every lens I can; some cheap & abundantly available ones will be for parts even if they could be fixed with some effort...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought this lens. Very solid and excellent definition. He looked German but is Japanese instead. Anyone know her ??
do you understand the manufacturer from the serial number?

Last edited by fotohelios on Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosina Like the Cosinon 50mm F1.8

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it looks a lot like the Cosinon 50 1.8.

It should have super swirly bokeh.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening,
but
Is Edixa Japanese? I thought she was German ....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was German but in the end they just were a company that ordered camera's from Cosina with their name on it. Or maybe some one bought their name.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one was on my wish list for quite a while, and finally ordered it:
Olympus OM Zuiko 90mm f/2 macro.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky find in the Panagor Project:

Panagor auto tele 400mm 1:5.6

Panagor Auto Tele 400mm 1:5.6 by The lens profile, on Flickr

Panagor Auto Tele 400mm 1:5.6 by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bell and Howell Lumina 80-250mm f4.5. in Nikon "F" mount.

I'll get photo's up later on tonight.

What's interesting about it is that it came out roughly the same time as the B&H FD-35, which was made by Canon.
Not sure who made this lens...

More later.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all! Hope everyone is having a good week.

Took a gamble on a few low-information (but low-cost) eBay listings last week and have been very pleased with the condition once they arrived.

A Vivitar 100mm 2.8 in F-mount

and, a

Converto Tamron 135mm 2.8 with original matched converter lens, Exacta mount ring and brown leather case. (I wish it had the original M42 ring as that would be far more convenient for adapting, but oh well).

Both have crystal clear optics and honestly appear almost new. The preset 12-blade aperture on the Tamron is a lovely thing indeed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing special at all, just a nice and well made tele lens from the 1970s:

It's in a pretty nice condition - no damages, no fungus, aperture working, and smooth focusing -, and i'll have some spare time to play around with it tomorrow. CHF (USD / EUR) 2.-- including original caps ...

S

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats. It looks like the Vivitar was taken by you. Smile I placed an intial bid, just hoping to get it in the end, as
I wasn't too serious. The Tamron dual is very cool as well. I got my copy shipped from Europe.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Nothing special at all, just a nice and well made tele lens from the 1970s:

It's in a pretty nice condition - no damages, no fungus, aperture working, and smooth focusing -, and i'll have some spare time to play around with it tomorrow. CHF (USD / EUR) 2.-- including original caps ...

S

Canon FD lenses are quite beautifully made.
The Canon FDn 4/200 is quite exceptional but is a different design to this one.
I am interested to see how this one performs. Evidently there were two variations - one with SSC coatings - 1973 onwards - and an earlier one without SSC - 1971-73
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

Canon FD lenses are quite beautifully made.

Yes ... but often at least slightly fogged (this one as well). And then there's the issue with the bearings in many FD/nFD lenses (usually in zooms and IF / floating element lenses, but also in "high quality" primes without IF / floating elements, e. g. the FD 2.8/300mm Fluorite).

Oldhand wrote:

The Canon FDn 4/200 is quite exceptional but is a different design to this one.

Yes, optically an excellent design, mechanically less so - the said bearings are gone in most samples you'll find on the market ...

Oldhand wrote:

I am interested to see how this one performs. Evidently there were two variations - one with SSC coatings - 1973 onwards - and an earlier one without SSC - 1971-73
Tom

Me too! - I have been fiddling around with my first (non-SSC) FD 4/200mm when I got it some years ago, but didn't really use it since it was fogged. The "new" sample i got today is SSC coated and very slightly fogged as well - which will be visible in backlight, but probably not in "ordinary" landscapes. I'll take my "new" SSC sample with me tomorrow, shooting a bit before cleaning it later in the day.

S

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super-Takumar 105mm f2.8. This lens has been on my wanted list for a while now. Looks like I received a good copy!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_tibbs2004 wrote:
Super-Takumar 105mm f2.8. This lens has been on my wanted list for a while now. Looks like I received a good copy!

Like 1 Like 1 Congrats

Which version? Check using serial number at:

https://takumarguide.weebly.com/1--28--105-350-43500.html
or
https://takumarguide.weebly.com/1--28--105-43501.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
Congrats. It looks like the Vivitar was taken by you. Smile I placed an intial bid, just hoping to get it in the end, as
I wasn't too serious. The Tamron dual is very cool as well. I got my copy shipped from Europe.

Thanks! I always worry about who I'm bidding against in situations like that. If I decide to part with the Vivitar in the future, I'll let you know.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hapgood wrote:

Thanks! I always worry about who I'm bidding against in situations like that. If I decide to part with the Vivitar in the future, I'll let you know.

Thanks, no worry. I already got a copy. It is really nice to see such a pristine vintage lens.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the lens mentioned earlier today.
Please excuse the hurried phone pictures.

A twin-ring constant aperture zoom Wink

The orange, red, and white markings are kind of nice.

It cost me all of $20.00 Canadian.
A bit dusty on the inside with 3 fairly large particles, and a bit of "haze".
I don't see any fungus spots.
Mount is a pre-a/i nikon f. This is the first 3rd party pre-a/i lens that has given me trouble.
It went on the D-810 with little trouble, but getting it dis-mounted was another story.
I had to pull the battery out of the camera in order for the lens to release.
I won't be putting it back on anytime soon- it will still make a good toy for my older film cameras.
I took a couple of hurried quick frames while it was monunted, and have yet to examine them.
Not expecting much, based on what I saw through the viewfinder.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
mr_tibbs2004 wrote:

Like 1 Like 1 Congrats

Which version? Check using serial number at:

https://takumarguide.weebly.com/1--28--105-350-43500.html
or
https://takumarguide.weebly.com/1--28--105-43501.html

Second version apparently, thanks for the easy look up!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

won this on ebay a few weeks ago and then basically forgot about it while it shipped from japan: a (kenko?) Dream Soft Lens 100mm f2.2 with the added bonus of a kenko eyepiece adapter in OM mount (and a T2-OM adapter between them)
.. design is similar to a spiratone portragon - two elements, each fixed at either end of the barrel, but the elements are larger and so far i find the results a bit more pleasing

the eyepiece adapter is of course almost useless with the dream soft lens, but coupled with the OM 50mm/f3.5 macro i had sitting on the desk already, it's pretty good for watching birds at the feeder in my yard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
won this on ebay a few weeks ago and then basically forgot about it while it shipped from japan: a (kenko?) Dream Soft Lens 100mm f2.2 with the added bonus of a kenko eyepiece adapter in OM mount (and a T2-OM adapter between them)
.. design is similar to a spiratone portragon - two elements, each fixed at either end of the barrel, but the elements are larger and so far i find the results a bit more pleasing

the eyepiece adapter is of course almost useless with the dream soft lens, but coupled with the OM 50mm/f3.5 macro i had sitting on the desk already, it's pretty good for watching birds at the feeder in my yard

Pretty good effect.