Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
NikonD wrote:
I've had 50/1.8 AF/S and samyang 14/2.8 for the last six years (I've previously had another collection which I sold)...

Funny thing, I just found a carboard box I got with a 105/2.5. It read "christmast decorations" and still had your address. Very Happy

Finally I gave it to our puppy cane corso who really liked it.

Oh my... just checked... the lens was sent to you on Dec 20, 2013... so it's not 6 years, haha it's going to be 8 years
to this day I still regret selling all those lenses
how time flies

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just filled out customs declarations (something I have to pay the mail company for) myself. for two lenses I bought more than three months ago and have been lying in customs since the beginning of august. So hopefully I will have them next week.... 100/4 Bellows takumar and 28-135mm F4 Pentax-A zoom.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Just filled out customs declarations (something I have to pay the mail company for) myself. for two lenses I bought more than three months ago and have been lying in customs since the beginning of august.

Oops ... !!

D1N0 wrote:
28-135mm F4 Pentax-A zoom.

Try a Minolta AF 4-4.5/28-135mm as well. While the Pentax-A 28-135mm has a broadly similar performance @ f=28mm (with some more CAs and fringing, though), the Minolta is vastly superior @ f=70mm and still quite a bit better @ f=135mm. Tested on 24MP FF for landscape purposes, as usual.

S

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waitting for my Heliar 55/3,5 Voigtlander from 1932/4. He need CLA. (Some fungus and haze).
I hope take a lot of pictures with my Sony cam and this old baby.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
I'm waitting for my Heliar 55/3,5 Voigtlander from 1932/4. He need CLA. (Some fungus and haze).
I hope take a lot of pictures with my Sony cam and this old baby.

Nice, show us the results later!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's magnificent. Very Happy

Very similar in size, shape, and weight to my AiS Nikkor 180 2.8 (which is fine by me) but with a really long focus throw. This is the sharpest lens I've used so far, and by a significant margin.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vivitar 28mm f2.8 in C/FD, but not for my collection.
Got it for my sister who has little in the wide end except for a cheap zoom.
Couldn't pass it up on it's low price Mr. Green

-D.S.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
D1N0 wrote:
Just filled out customs declarations (something I have to pay the mail company for) myself. for two lenses I bought more than three months ago and have been lying in customs since the beginning of august.

Oops ... !!

D1N0 wrote:
28-135mm F4 Pentax-A zoom.

Try a Minolta AF 4-4.5/28-135mm as well. While the Pentax-A 28-135mm has a broadly similar performance @ f=28mm (with some more CAs and fringing, though), the Minolta is vastly superior @ f=70mm and still quite a bit better @ f=135mm. Tested on 24MP FF for landscape purposes, as usual.

S

It's more for my Pentax collection than anything else. I paid 1500 yen for it including a camera attached plus I am more interested in it's flaws than it's perfection and the fact that is a huge chunk of class (820 grams)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:

Very similar in size, shape, and weight to my AiS Nikkor 180 2.8 (which is fine by me) but with a really long focus throw. This is the sharpest lens I've used so far, and by a significant margin.

Impressive lens!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
stevemark wrote:

S

It's more for my Pentax collection than anything else.

That's a valid reason Wink

D1N0 wrote:
I paid 1500 yen for it including a camera attached

THat's about as much as I paid,as well, on a local flea market ...

D1N0 wrote:
plus I am more interested in it's flaws than it's perfection

I haven't used the Pentax A 28-135mm enough to use its flaws in a meaningful manner - but I would be interested to hear about you experiences once you know the lens well. If I use a lens with "flaws", I ususally prefer those with high resolution / medium or low contrast (some spherical aberrations), little coma, substantial vignetting, and smooth and not-swirling bokeh. And no CAs please Wink. So the Pentax 28-135mm doesn't have this kind of "ideal flaws".

D1N0 wrote:
and the fact that is a huge chunk of class (820 grams)
Laugh 1
It certainly is - and combined with the ridiculously low price that's fun in its own, of course.

S

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
KEO wrote:

Impressive lens!

One of the few 135 lenses better then my Sony 135/1,8 GM.

IT'S A GREAT LENS!!!!

Congrats!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Impressive lens!

It is indeed!

papasito wrote:
IT'S A GREAT LENS!!!!

Congrats!!!!!

Thanks! I'm very happy. I've been running it through my regular testing procedure, and the results are truly exceptional.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympus OM 24mm f2.8 - photo courtesy of seller

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally got around to getting an MD-III 35-70mm, excited to see how it compares to the Tamron SP 35mm-80mm, my all-around favorite

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
finally got around to getting an MD-III 35-70mm, excited to see how it compares to the Tamron SP 35mm-80mm, my all-around favorite

How can you tell if it is MD III?
I have a similar lens.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
benadamx wrote:

I have a similar lens.

For originally US (North America?) sold, MD II has Rokkor-X on it, MD III does not (also called plain MD). At least for the 35-70/3.5, The MD II has a screw in lens hood and the MD III a clip in hood http://minolta.eazypix.de/lenses/index.html#200 Mine has no hood at all Sad

Really good lens. Macro version might not be quite as good, but it's always handy to have something that does close-up in the bag.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asahi Kogaku Takumar 1:3.5 f=50mm for Asahiflex

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knudsen wrote:
uddhava wrote:
benadamx wrote:

I have a similar lens.

For originally US (North America?) sold, MD II has Rokkor-X on it, MD III does not (also called plain MD). At least for the 35-70/3.5, The MD II has a screw in lens hood and the MD III a clip in hood http://minolta.eazypix.de/lenses/index.html#200 Mine has no hood at all Sad

Really good lens. Macro version might not be quite as good, but it's always handy to have something that does close-up in the bag.

Untill now, I've onlye read the best are the macro version , so now I'm confused ,as I'm stil eyeing one of these to cover the short zoom range.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Asahi Kogaku Takumar 1:3.5 f=50mm for Asahiflex

That's still missing from my collection. A Takutessar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knudsen wrote:
uddhava wrote:
benadamx wrote:

I have a similar lens.

Mine is a Macro lens. Minolta MD Zoom 35-70mm 1:3.5. It has a screw on lens hood.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
Knudsen wrote:
uddhava wrote:
benadamx wrote:

I have a similar lens.

Untill now, I've onlye read the best are the macro version , so now I'm confused ,as I'm stil eyeing one of these to cover the short zoom range.

i've seen in some sources that the non-macro is better, or that they're equivalent, but that in any case either are better than the rokkor version (which was the one leica used?) .. certainly seems to take some pretty nice sharp pictures wide open, haven't had a chance to get outdoors with it yet.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colorplan 90mm 2.5 with a little bit of haze on the inner part of the first and last element - now I need help to adapt it , is the metal version not super

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
kiddo wrote:
Knudsen wrote:
uddhava wrote:
benadamx wrote:

I have a similar lens.

i've seen in some sources that the non-macro is better, or that they're equivalent, but that in any case either are better than the rokkor version (which was the one leica used?) .. certainly seems to take some pretty nice sharp pictures wide open, haven't had a chance to get outdoors with it yet.

For lenses from the Minleica I go by the Stevemark list: http://forum.mflenses.com/minolta-md-lenses-t77450.html

I think my copy of the plain MDIII is enough better than the macro version to get the non-macro first. Actually, a MC Macro Rokkor-X QF is way better at macro. So, if you are serious about macro, get a 35-70, then get a separate macro lens.

Macro photos moved to: http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1556914.html#1556914

Last edited by Knudsen on Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron SP 35-210mm 1:3.5-4.2 26A. For a measly 1200 yen I couldn't let it wither in some Japanese closet. It's now on it's long way to the Netherlands. Let's see how long customs holds on to it this time....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A., sorry I missed this. I confuse easily Smile
B., sorry I spammed the what new lens thread with macro shots. I'll see about moving that to its own thread. - Now moved and linked above.

uddhava wrote:
Knudsen wrote:
uddhava wrote:
benadamx wrote:

I have a similar lens.

Mine is a Macro lens. Minolta MD Zoom 35-70mm 1:3.5. It has a screw on lens hood.

If you were asking what version of MD with macro is, that would be an MDII. I think. Again, that is according to the minolta.eazypix.de list. Aside from the list, there is this method to determine what we have in hand:

https://lens.ws/minolta-lenses-classification/