Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Michael!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Tokina made Vivitar 35mm f2.8 M42. I know nothing about this lens and bought it cheap.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a lot of 3 D mount Cine lenses on the way, I picked up cheap off of ebay.

The first one I don't care about, it's a Wollensak Raptar 13mm f1.9.

The other two are a pair of Elgeet Opto Navitars.
The 38mm f1.8, and the harder to find 6.5mm f1.8.
These were a gamble but $15 for all three I couldn't pass them up.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinoptic 100mm f2 and an 85mm f1.5 Summarex.
It's the first Summarex I've owned but the second Kinoptic lens.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this primagon in Exakta mount, with the original caps Laugh 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl Zeiss Jena VISIONAR 1.9/154mm (Prototype)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Congrats Michael!
Thank you!

Another lens that I bought recently was this Leica Summicron 50 DR.. The only thing interesting about it was when I looked up the serial number it appears that it was the very last Summicron DR produced..

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.en/index.php/Summicron_(II)_f%3D_5_cm_1:2

Matching body and lens group serials...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

Congrats!
That must be quit a chunk of glass and metal Shocked Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
kds315* wrote:

Congrats!
That must be quit a chunk of glass and metal Shocked Rolling Eyes

Took it for a walk yesterday, after an hour shooting my arm got a bit lame indeed,
lens is about 2 kilos Wink

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a new lens, but some new information about an old lens I saw on the fleabay.

"35mm film cameras such as the COP plant "LenKINAP" produced since 1938. The first Soviet newsreel manual 35mm camera with a spring drive. CS-Series is a copy of camera production Eyemo Bell & Howel. In subsequent years, the famous Soviet movie camera Konvas was made on the basis of this camera. For cine lenses produced f-28; 35; 50; 75; 135 mm. This lens is in very good condition. The lenses are clean, free from damage and dust. The lens is released in 1940, under the number №32. This is evident from the serial number on the front panel. This is a very early model labeling oks and there is not yet listed Such lenses are a museum rarity! Ш-1-б. (not for the buyer. the cipher storage)"

My lens s/n starts with a zero. I forgot what I paid for it, but the one listed is quite expensive. My lens could be a later one, but still uncoated.

Laugh 1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympus OM 50mm 1.4 in great condition with a free Canon ef adapter for 33 euros

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konica Hexanon 4.5/400mm (newer version with rubber grips), for CHF / EUR / USD 120.--.
It's a beast - heavy (2.4 kg) and well built. No IF, no automatic aperture (!) - just a plain simple [4/4] tele construction, maybe with LD glass.
The Canon FD 4.5/400mm IF is much lighter (1.28 kg), but its IF focusing is less precise.

I look forward to comparing these two classics ... probably towards the end of the week.

Stephan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax Quartz Takumar UV 85mm f3.5 in absolute mint condition.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivitar 100-300mm f/5 Close Focusing Auto Zoom (O/OM)

This is Tokina made lens, it was in good condition and came with both caps, only 15 euros! Seems like it's also a pretty decent lens, I bought it because I didn't have anything on that focal lenght area yet.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PIC of Quartz Takumar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MD 300mm f/4.5 and MD 45mm f/2 "pancake" Like 1 small

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Pentax Quartz Takumar UV 85mm f3.5 in absolute mint condition.

kryss wrote:
PIC of Quartz Takumar

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small rare beast!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another new toy. An Elgeet 38mm f1.5 cine lens. Near mint condition with original caps in it's original presentation case and box.
A very unusual lens. It has a proprietary screw mount sized between C mount and D mount.
It was used on the Bell and Howell Auto 8 Magazine.
Sadly the focus is locked, and one of the aperture blades is dislodged. Hopefully it's fixable. The seller gave me a full refund and told me to keep the lens.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Konica Hexanon 4.5/400mm (newer version with rubber grips), for CHF / EUR / USD 120.--.
It's a beast - heavy (2.4 kg) and well built. No IF, no automatic aperture (!) - just a plain simple [4/4] tele construction, maybe with LD glass.
The Canon FD 4.5/400mm IF is much lighter (1.28 kg), but its IF focusing is less precise.

I look forward to comparing these two classics ... probably towards the end of the week.

Stephan

I used to own the nFD 400/4.5 IF Canon -- until it was stolen Sad

But I look forward to reading about your upcoming test. I'm curious about your statement that the Canon's IF isn't precise. I guess I find that rather surprising.

Oh, that Konica got my curiosity going so I took a look on eBay. Found one on eBay Deutschland for 347 Euros, which I would think is about right. Maybe a bit on the high side. But 120 USD/EUR/CHF was definitely a steal for a 400mm f/4.5 optic, especially if it delivers sharp, well-corrected images.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
But I look forward to reading about your upcoming test. I'm curious about your statement that the Canon's IF isn't precise. I guess I find that rather surprising.

Oh, that Konica got my curiosity going so I took a look on eBay. Found one on eBay Deutschland for 347 Euros, which I would think is about right. Maybe a bit on the high side. But 120 USD/EUR/CHF was definitely a steal for a 400mm f/4.5 optic, especially if it delivers sharp, well-corrected images.

No chance to do the test right now, too much work to be finished. Maybe during the weekend.
Oh yeah, i'm really curious as well! And i might include a simple 6.3/400mm M42 lens. And maybe the Minolta AF APO 2.8/300 plus 1.4x APO Converter.

Stephan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just unpacked this one, a Yashica ML 28/2.8

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a later subject;)

Last edited by Layer-cake on Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMC Pentax ZOOM 45-125/F4,and Takumar 1:5.6/200.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest addition to my Canon FD collection: nFD 28mm f/2:

(left: nFD 35/2, right: nFD50/1.4)

I got the lens hood from an nFD 28/2.8 that someone was selling as defective (aperture not working) on ebay. I offered him 5€ for just the hood but he sent the lens and original packaging, too.
Apart from a few cleaning marks on the front element, the lens is fine. It's plasticky even for an nFD lens (just about the worst-built MF lens I've ever seen) and I have no idea what to do with it...

BTW, I rather like the current Canon lens caps. They're well-made and don't interfere with the lens hood (unlike the original caps), I might just get these for all my lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've added a second hand Samyang 35mm F1.4 lens in mint condition.
It works very nicely on my A7. This lens is surprising, with great resolution and the CA is practically non existent!!!

Interestingly, the lens is actually an original 4/3 version (not micro 4/3). The original 4/3 mount is effectively defunct and because of this the lens was cheaper. 20,000yen, or $190 USD or 175 Euro.
This may provide a useful strategy for other second hand Samyang lenses!!!!!