Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pulled the trigger on a Tamron Adaptall-2 SP 17mm f/3.5 51B and as a bonus a cheap SMC Pentax-F 35-105mm 1:4-5.6 (spaceship style)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Pulled the trigger on a Tamron Adaptall-2 SP 17mm f/3.5 51B and as a bonus a cheap SMC Pentax-F 35-105mm 1:4-5.6 (spaceship style)
Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asahi Super-Macro-Takumar 1:4 / 50 with case sold for parts. Turning focus ring didn't change focus. Focus ring grub screws were loose. A quick fix for practically unused lens!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knudsen wrote:
Knudsen wrote:
I’ve got another Schneider Componon f/4 incoming, this time a 50mm. I still don’t have the 150mm permanently adapted yet. Hopefully they can share the adapter.

Any idea what mount this might be? It has to be one of these, at least I think.

Someone was so kind to describe all the mounts to me but I just can't find it searching Sad

The barrel has the metric M25x0.5 thread. It is identic with the thread of the old tiny Compur 00 shutters.
Threre are adapters available to M39 to use the lenses in every enlarger.

Durst and other enlarger makers offered lens panels for the M25mm thread in the past.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free in a box of darkroom stuff, Kilfitt Kilar 40mm e f2.8, m42, glass is great, focus is smooth and aperture blades clean. Haven't tried it yet, hopefully get in to it at the weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arri wrote:

The barrel has the metric M25x0.5 thread. It is identic with the thread of the old tiny Compur 00 shutters.
Threre are adapters available to M39 to use the lenses in every enlarger.

Durst and other enlarger makers offered lens panels for the M25mm thread in the past.

Thanks arri! I found the knurled beauty ring on a 50mm from an Argus C-3 fits the front filter threads on the tiny Componon lens. So I have it reverse mounted until I get an adapter.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverPrintMan wrote:
Free in a box of darkroom stuff, Kilfitt Kilar 40mm e f2.8, m42, glass is great, focus is smooth and aperture blades clean. Haven't tried it yet, hopefully get in to it at the weekend.

Great, found one myself a few weeks ago. Do you have the 'D' version that goes 1:1?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first Vivitars arrived this morning. When I was shooting film, the few photographers I knew thought they were all junk, and so I also heard from any of the camera shops I visited in Asia. Fast forward to today and we have many opinions, reviews, tests and inspection, plus a serial number hit list for who made it.

So watching out for SLR lenses in my typical mount, I came across two that meet two of my desires. I would have been more hesitant and researched a bit more, but they costs peanuts.

24-70mm f/3.8-4.8, said to be very good at wider angles. I was looking for something between 20 and 24mm. This one looks like new.

75-260mm f4.5, was looking for a zoom that get's somewhat close to 300mm prime for hand held. Also close in weight! This one might fit the bill, although it's slower than my 75-200 or 80-210. Excellent condition.

Adapting to an APS-C, and 30 years older, hand held past 300mm is a no go. 300mm is questionable.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky lucky!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
SilverPrintMan wrote:

Great, found one myself a few weeks ago. Do you have the 'D' version that goes 1:1?

No it's the E, I initially bought a Fujimoto G70 on ebay and won the auction for 99p. When I got there I gave the nice lady £20 extra and she said there's a load more stuff as well if you want to take it, 3 box fulls later and an Epsom V600 as well, the lens was in the bottom of one of the boxes with a couple of enlarger lenses and a 105mm Tessar in compur from I think a Contessa!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverPrintMan wrote:
caspert79 wrote:
SilverPrintMan wrote:

No it's the E, I initially bought a Fujimoto G70 on ebay and won the auction for 99p. When I got there I gave the nice lady £20 extra and she said there's a load more stuff as well if you want to take it, 3 box fulls later and an Epsom V600 as well, the lens was in the bottom of one of the boxes with a couple of enlarger lenses and a 105mm Tessar in compur from I think a Contessa!

Incredible, you're lucky!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Lucky lucky!

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Staeble Munich Polyplast Set 10x15mm (4x6")

A rare large format lens from Dr. Staeble. It is a lens set with 125mm, 165mm, 205mm, 235mm and 270mm
Inkl. the three special yellow filters.
Lens with a Koilos shutter.
Round about 110 years old, perfect glass and an excellent working shutter, already x-synchronised.

Can be use for 5x7" when stoped down, each lens has 250mm image circle.

The rear cells keeps in the shutter, only the front cells are for changing with a special bayonett mount, only a quarter turn is needed to unmount or to fix the element.

The rear element is an anastigmatic corrected and fully cemented four element lens with 16/270mm.
The front cells are fully cemented two element groups.

I can´t await to make the first pictures with this great lens, I used one over 20 years ago, this lenses are very old but a pieces of excellence.

It is a pity that only a few complete sets are to find. The most Polyplast lenses you can find are the shutter with the rear cell and one front cell or only the front cells in a box.
There are different versions of this lenses so it is not so easy to find matching pieces.

So it were really a great and lucky find to get one 100% complete.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That sounds really nice arri!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arri wrote:
Dr. Staeble Munich Polyplast Set 10x15mm (4x6")

A rare large format lens from Dr. Staeble. It is a lens set with 125mm, 165mm, 205mm, 235mm and 270mm
Inkl. the three special yellow filters.
Lens with a Koilos shutter.
Round about 110 years old, perfect glass and an excellent working shutter, already x-synchronised.

Can be use for 5x7" when stoped down, each lens has 250mm image circle.

The rear cells keeps in the shutter, only the front cells are for changing with a special bayonett mount, only a quarter turn is needed to unmount or to fix the element.

The rear element is an anastigmatic corrected and fully cemented four element lens with 16/270mm.
The front cells are fully cemented two element groups.

I can´t await to make the first pictures with this great lens, I used one over 20 years ago, this lenses are very old but a pieces of excellence.

It is a pity that only a few complete sets are to find. The most Polyplast lenses you can find are the shutter with the rear cell and one front cell or only the front cells in a box.
There are different versions of this lenses so it is not so easy to find matching pieces.

So it were really a great and lucky find to get one 100% complete.
Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gord dam this place.

I blink and now ebay is sending me a bunch of Super Takumars, all of which I've had about twice, and sold twice, third time lucky.

Of course it's a 135mm f3.5, a 150mm f4 and a 200mm f4.

Will end up being about $190 US freedom dollars delivered.

And yes I'm most excited for the baby sized 150mm f4.

Probably should have just got one of those to be honest.

Stupid wonderful place.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:
Gord dam this place.

I blink and now ebay is sending me a bunch of Super Takumars, all of which I've had about twice, and sold twice, third time lucky.

Stupid wonderful place.

There's the older 150/4 with 5-4 optical scheme, and a later one with 5-5 scheme. The last one is better (excellent really). Do you know which one's yours? Here some image examples of the latter:

http://forum.mflenses.com/smc-pentax-150mm-f-4-rocks-t81894.html

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:

There's the older 150/4 with 5-4 optical scheme, and a later one with 5-5 scheme. The last one is better (excellent really). Do you know which one's yours? Here some image examples of the latter:

They are both 5-5 but the second one has a recalculated formula (especially the two rear elements are different). On version 2 (the better one) f4 and 5.6 are spaced closely together and there is no half stop between them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

They are both 5-5 but the second one has a recalculated formula (especially the two rear elements are different). On version 2 (the better one) f4 and 5.6 are spaced closely together and there is no half stop between them.

Yes, all three are 5-5 -- First edition Gerjan and Takumar Guide are both wrong about the first version being 5/4 even though Gerjan shows the correct 5/5 optical diagram. Second edition Gerjan is corrected. The later versions are real sleeper lenses -- inexpensive and excellent as caspert79 shows in link above.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:52 pm    Post subject: Unitax Auto Zoom 70-230mm f/4 MC Macro Reply with quote

This week I added the Unitax Auto Zoom 70-230mm f/4 MC Macro to my collection. Not too bad for an old zoom, able to be quite sharp when stopped down.

http://forum.mflenses.com/any-information-on-the-unitax-70-230-f-4-mc-macro-auto-zoom-t83044.html

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I thought all the optical formulas in the Takumar range(s) more or less stayed consistent until they started playing with K's.. Now how good is this place! Smile

Lens is certainly a Super Takumar, and pictures indicate it has "AUTO / MAN" on the barrel next to the switch, (can't see behind the switch) and shown serial is #3209435, so might be the later variant.

Lucky me?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just after receiving feedback for

Photo ebay seller hilux808

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:
Gord dam this place.

Stupid wonderful place.

All great lenses, as you would already know.
There is also something about Takumars in use that is a sensory addiction and tactile joy.
Splendid engineering
Tom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
tromboads wrote:
Gord dam this place.

Stupid wonderful place.

There is also something about Takumars in use that is a sensory addiction and tactile joy.
Splendid engineering
Tom

Best engineering I ever came across in any lens to be honest. I probably have or had 30 Takumars that I just blindly bought of the internet. They were all without haze, fungus, stiff mechanics or stuck apertures. Problems that I encounter frequently with Nikkors, Canons or other 'A' brand optics.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
tromboads wrote:
Gord dam this place.

Stupid wonderful place.

Splendid engineering
Tom

Best engineering I ever came across in any lens to be honest. I probably have or had 30 Takumars that I just blindly bought of the internet. They were all without haze, fungus, stiff mechanics or stuck apertures. Problems that I encounter frequently with Nikkors, Canons or other 'A' brand optics.

Like 1 Like 1 I've had two maybe three 60+ years old with slightly stiff focus rings -- not a stiff as DDR Smile -- and same number with oily sluggish blades. Stevemark says Minoltas have better construction -- I don't have any to compare so I can't say I agree or not. Smile The Super-Multi-Coated lenses together are the pinnacle of metal lens engineering imho. Also the optical consistency make for phenomenal video lens sets which render alike.