Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baekmann wrote:
By accident I ran into this Colorplan in a thriftshop. I bought it, but now I have no clue how to adapt it to to my Sony a7

There's a link in this thread that might help you on converting: http://forum.mflenses.com/leica-super-colorplan-f2-5-90mm-in-afternoon-summer-light-t75584.html

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazer0ne wrote:
Quote:
By accident I ran into this Colorplan in a thriftshop. I bought it, but now I have no clue how to adapt it to to my Sony a7

42,5mm clamp RAF Camera from Russia. Best Quality.

Thanks, only I don't have a helicoid for this lens, so I need to buy that one too.

Knudsen wrote:
Baekmann wrote:

There's a link in this thread that might help you on converting: http://forum.mflenses.com/leica-super-colorplan-f2-5-90mm-in-afternoon-summer-light-t75584.html

Thanks, when I see pictures like that I'm happy with my purchase Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maginon-Serie G MC 50mm 1.7. Looks like a Makinon. Probably a 6/4 design by looking at reflections.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
Maginon-Serie G MC 50mm 1.7. Looks like a Makinon. Probably a 6/4 design by looking at reflections.

Could it be Cosina? (Cosinon MC 50mm f/1.7)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="caspert79"]
blotafton wrote:

Could it be Cosina? (Cosinon MC 50mm f/1.7)

I'm not sure but I think Makinon made lenses them selves and sold some rebranded to other parties.

In this Makinon thread it is shown but no info.

http://forum.mflenses.com/makinon-makina-optical-complete-lenses-list-with-links-t39877.html

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:

What was your taking lens for this shot?
Very nice bokeh
Tom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Oldhand"]
blotafton wrote:

Very nice bokeh
Tom

Thanks, it was the good old Rodagon 50mm f/2.8.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="blotafton"]
Oldhand wrote:
blotafton wrote:

Very nice bokeh
Tom

Thanks, it was the good old Rodagon 50mm f/2.8.

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Canon FD 50-300mm f/4.5 L in very decent condition with it's original (and very annoying) screw-in metal lens cap. There's a 100-300mm f/5.6L for scale.

Test shots of a neighbour's cat lounging in our garden are too dull to show but revealed the big lens is sharper than it's little brother from the start. However, the smaller lens handles OOF CA's a little better. Both FD lenses comprehensively out-performed my only other lens at 300mm lens, a Yashica ML 100-300mm f/5.6![/img]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bp_reid wrote:
A Canon FD 50-300mm f/4.5 L in very decent condition with it's original (and very annoying) screw-in metal lens cap. There's a 100-300mm f/5.6L for scale.

Test shots of a neighbour's cat lounging in our garden are too dull to show but revealed the big lens is sharper than it's little brother from the start. However, the smaller lens handles OOF CA's a little better. Both FD lenses comprehensively out-performed my only other lens at 300mm lens, a Yashica ML 100-300mm f/5.6![/img]

Nice one!

I think 300mm is my practical limit now. On an APS-C, and almost 40 years since my first SLR, I can no longer hand hold my 500mm Reflex Rolling Eyes So, it lives in the closet now.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bp_reid wrote:
A Canon FD 50-300mm f/4.5 L in very decent condition

That's a lens I certainly would take as well! Some years ago I had the opportunity to check and try nearly every single Canon FD / nFD lens when visiting a humble engineer in a nearby town. Among them was also the nFD 4.5/50-300mm L, and I was quite impressed. Much, much better than the nFD 4.5/85-300mm I own myself!

bp_reid wrote:
Both FD lenses comprehensively out-performed my only other lens at 300mm lens, a Yashica ML 100-300mm f/5.6![/img]
No wonder Wink

S

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a Nikkor ai 85/2; I already had one, but this one in better condition. And also a Zuiko OM 100mm f/2.8, quite a nice lens (extremely small and mechanically beautiful).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After buying the all black preset version, I just bought the 1957 first M42 version of the Takumar 135/3.5.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Bought a Nikkor ai 85/2; I already had one, but this one in better condition. And also a Zuiko OM 100mm f/2.8, quite a nice lens (extremely small and mechanically beautiful).

I just bought a Nikkor 105/2.5 Ai-s to accompany a Nikkor 85/2 Ai-s that I bought a bit earlier. )

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manichaean wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

I just bought a Nikkor 105/2.5 Ai-s to accompany a Nikkor 85/2 Ai-s that I bought a bit earlier. )

Lovely lens. I have the Nikkor-P version.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Zuiko 100mm f/2.8 just arrived. The tiny size of the lens is amazing. Here the Zuiko (L), next to a Nikkor Ai 50mm f/2. OK, and now I'll stop buying Wink

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
bp_reid wrote:
A Canon FD 50-300mm f/4.5 L in very decent condition

That's a lens I certainly would take as well! Some years ago I had the opportunity to check and try nearly every single Canon FD / nFD lens when visiting a humble engineer in a nearby town. Among them was also the nFD 4.5/50-300mm L, and I was quite impressed. Much, much better than the nFD 4.5/85-300mm I own myself!

bp_reid wrote:
Both FD lenses comprehensively out-performed my only other lens at 300mm lens, a Yashica ML 100-300mm f/5.6![/img]
No wonder Wink

S

The 85-300 was my 'big gun' for some of the time when I shot Canon FD as my film camera system. I though it was decent enough at the time and now that I'm rebuilding an FD set I'd have been quite happy to get another. When this popped up at Cameraworld in London, for £299 it was too hard to resist. The L is definitely a better lens, and well worth that price. The 100-300 should probably be sold now as it's a too close to both the 50-300L and 80-200L but it's very, very hard to let go of 'L' series glass...

Tuzki with lens

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bp_reid wrote:
When this popped up at Cameraworld in London, for £299 it was too hard to resist. The L is definitely a better lens, and well worth that price.

Yep, that's a good price for sure! I've never seen one for sale here in Switzerland, and I doubt I'll ever see ...

S

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jupiter 9 85mm f2

From 1971

A beautiful lens

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a recent purchase, this one dating back to 2001. Asahi Pentax SV + Asahi Pentax Super-Takumar 55mm f1.8.

The camera and lens were once owned by Sir Harry Secombe CBE. I purchased them from an auction of some of his effects after his death.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Secombe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd
bwfcnottingham

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Not a recent purchase, this one dating back to 2001. Asahi Pentax SV + Asahi Pentax Super-Takumar 55mm f1.8.

The camera and lens were once owned by Sir Harry Secombe CBE. I purchased them from an auction of some of his effects after his death.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Secombe

Sir Cumference - as he referred to himself

Laugh 1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I couldn't let this one pass Smile.Super Yashinon-R 3,5cm F/2.8 retrofocus.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bwfcnottingham wrote:
Jupiter 9 85mm f2

From 1971

A beautiful lens

Like 1 Like 1