Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antoine wrote:
I am jealous! How much did you pay for 135 f2?

First one, back in 2009, was CHF 350.-- including a couple of XD-7s, a MD 1.7/85mm, a MD 2.8/35mm and a MD 2.8/24mm.
Second one was EUR 450.--. Both optics were pristine, and both barrels were quite used.

The first MD-III (which was stolen as well) was CHf 330.-- including a MD-II 2/85mm; second one a few years ago was CHF 30.-- or so. It's quite scratched all over. I may dismantle it, and have the outer parts re-anodized, just as an experiment.

S

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting the sony 35/1,4 GM.

GRRRRR!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meyer Optik 250mm f/5.5, much less popular one among other Meyers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Contax collection has been increased by; 35/1.4(AE), 50/1.4(MM), 100/2(MM) & 85/2.8(MM) in the last few weeks. None at super-expensive prices but nothing for the bargains thread.

My bank account will take some months to recover...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympus OM 35 f2, not much info on the web about this one, the main reason to get it was size.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:
Olympus OM 35 f2, not much info on the web about this one, the main reason to get it was size.

Looks good!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:

Seems it is in excellent condition. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soligor (Tokina) 400mm f6.3 M42 (photo courtesy of seller)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
tomasg wrote:

I think it was never used aside from looking at it. On one hand it s nice to have such a lens, on the other i know i ll be overly careful when i ll use it, the fear of leaving the first sign of use always in the back of my mind.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
tomasg wrote:

I think it was never used aside from looking at it. On one hand it s nice to have such a lens, on the other i know i ll be overly careful when i ll use it, the fear of leaving the first sign of use always in the back of my mind.

It never hurts to be too careful but really, don't worry about the cosmetic condition too much. Most people buying a lens only care that the lens elements themselves are perfect, so I use a good quality clear/protection filter on lenses which have higher resale value. At least when the lens gets dirty, I don't risk wiping grit into the front element! The Olympus 35mm F2 is worth quite a bit in this condition but unless you own the box and papers and they are in good condition too, then the value to a collector isn't so high since these things are matched to the serial number on the front, generally. So ultimately, the cosmetic perfection is not so important to the resale value.

If you plan to keep the lens for a long time, just enjoy it as being yours and appreciate that any wear and tear over time is because it brought you a lot of enjoyment. Wink

It's a really compact lens and perhaps the smaller front diameter enables much flare resistance better than the typical 1960s-70s 35mm, before they all became the compact type in the 80s? It means you can take a 50mm lens in your pocket with convenience too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually two lenses today.

Excuse the phone pix.
Pre-A.I. 50mm f2 at left. I think this is the "K" version~ last of the pre-A.I.'s.
It seems to be the sharpest 50mm Nikkor I've come across, and I've got more than a good handful.

200mm f4 Q "C" Nikkor at right.

The 50mm had this accessory included.

A fairly pristine F2 chrome body.
None of this appears to be used much.
I'll get the little p&s digital out later for some proper pictures...

-D.S.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bp_reid wrote:
My Contax collection has been increased by; 35/1.4(AE), 50/1.4(MM), 100/2(MM) & 85/2.8(MM) in the last few weeks. None at super-expensive prices but nothing for the bargains thread.

That sounds really nice!

I always tried to avoid Zeiss CY and Leica R glass (because once I would start collecting that stuff things would become expensive). Nevertheless I have a few Zeiss CY lenses such as the 2.8/25 and 2.8/28, the 35mm Shift (which is quite useful sometimes), the 1.7/50 and the 1.4/50, and the two tele zooms 3.5/70-210mm and 4/80-200mm. All these lenses were relatively inexpensive, and certainly are fun to work with. Some years ago I was offered the 1.4/35mm and the 2.8/180mm, but they were not better than the corresponing lenses I already had, and too expensive to simply put on a shelve.

bp_reid wrote:
My bank account will take some months to recover...

I feel with you Wink

S

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Sharptail wrote:
Pre-A.I. 50mm f2 at left. I think this is the "K" version~ last of the pre-A.I.'s.
It seems to be the sharpest 50mm Nikkor I've come across, and I've got more than a good handful.

I've got an H.C Auto 50 2 and an AI 50 2, and they're really, really good - as good as any old 50 I've ever used, and the build quality renders them nearly indestructible. I prefer to use the AI version, mainly because the min. focus distance is closer.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
Doc Sharptail wrote:

I've got an H.C Auto 50 2 and an AI 50 2, and they're really, really good - as good as any old 50 I've ever used, and the build quality renders them nearly indestructible. I prefer to use the AI version, mainly because the min. focus distance is closer.

That K 50 sure is nice. It barrel distorts very slightly at the edges.
My s.c. auto 1.4 is better around the edges, but I think the K is sharper over all.

The Q.C. auto 200 f4 deserves a serious look.
It is quite a bit bigger than the a.i. version 200 f4.

Got a few surprising separation pangs over the old black F2 body.
I was going to put it away for a while and couldn't do it.
The next few days are going to be interesting for sure!

-D.S.

Last edited by Doc Sharptail on Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Sellers Pics)

If you have a Sony Camera, eventually you'll need a GM lens, yes? Haha, anyhow this looks similar but slightly different to your average early 60s Japanese third party offering, I haven't seen one exactly like it before. This price was right so...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one.
Tom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
This one.
Tom

Congrats. I have a copy of the camera and lens. Pretty heavy. Haven't adapted to test out.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:

Like 1 Like 1 https://vintagelens.blog/blog/foca-oplarex-f19-50mm/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="visualopsins"]
calvin83 wrote:

Friends

This is one of the lens I was looking for years. Finally, there is a copy with reasonable price in relatively good condition.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
This one.
Tom

Congrats. I have a copy of the camera and lens. Pretty heavy. Haven't adapted to test out.

Thank you.
Mine will stay as is.
I will be shooting film Smile
Tom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="calvin83"]
visualopsins wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

Friends

This is one of the lens I was looking for years. Finally, there is a copy with reasonable price in relatively good condition.

Is the viewfinder the center frame of the camera?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kansalliskala"]
calvin83 wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

Friends

Is the viewfinder the center frame of the camera?

Yes.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
This one.
Tom

Thank you.
Mine will stay as is.
Tom

I was contemplating to buy one recently, but finally couldn't convince myself that I would need (and use!) it ... and now of course I'm curious to hear about your experiences !

S

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
This one.
Tom

Thank you.
Mine will stay as is.
Tom

I was contemplating to buy one recently, but finally couldn't convince myself that I would need (and use!) it ... and now of course I'm curious to hear about your experiences !

S

I have just loaded it with film and will shoot it over the next weeks.
Processing of C-41 has to be sent away and can take a month Sad
I will post some reactions when complete
Tom