Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:

... most folks ask me if i'm shooting film

May I ask in which country you shoot ...?

Thx Wink S

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for my country, film is positively, 100% dead... Films have to be processed in neighbouring South Africa (2000 km away) because there is no one left doing it in Namibia. The cost for a courrier to and fro is about 10 times the processing, which in turn has become rather expensive, so it's gone, gone, gone... Film cameras value is nil. I offered on social media to give away for FREE several cameras with lenses in good working condition, I got zero request. Even the pawn shops don't want them ! I had cameras CLA'Ds because I intended to use them obviously. Now they are gathering dust in the cupboard... Sad.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phalbert wrote:
As for my country, film is positively, 100% dead... Films have to be processed in neighbouring South Africa (2000 km away) because there is no one left doing it in Namibia. The cost for a courrier to and fro is about 10 times the processing, which in turn has become rather expensive, so it's gone, gone, gone... Film cameras value is nil. I offered on social media to give away for FREE several cameras with lenses in good working condition, I got zero request. Even the pawn shops don't want them ! I had cameras CLA'Ds because I intended to use them obviously. Now they are gathering dust in the cupboard... Sad.

People don't develop films at home?
Macodirect p&p to Namibia looks like it is 20 euros.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
benadamx wrote:

Thx Wink S

have only been able to shoot in the US the last year or so Sad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

found an EBC Fujinon 200mm f/4.5 in M42 at the flea market today, fujinon stuff is rare as hen's teeth around here, was very surprised to see it

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
stevemark wrote:
benadamx wrote:

Thx Wink S

have only been able to shoot in the US the last year or so Sad

That's a hellovalot to shoot ...!! Wink

Hope you didn't mind my question since I've never bothered to hide my professional gear (would be difficult anyway) ... As a result the stuff was stolen three times while i was at work - twice here in Switzerland, once in Italy (Rome). All three time the thieves were north africans. Seem they like the A900 (it was always the A900 that was stolen) ... A7 series never was a problem!

S

Last edited by stevemark on Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two pretty rare Minolta beasts - the plain MD 2/135mm and the plain MD 2.8/200mm. The 2/135mm came in today, the 2.8/200mm was found a few years ago. Actually I had bought both lenses back in 2009 and 2010, but they were stolen in 2011. Both lenses shown here seem to have seen some pretty rough adventures. Nevertheless the optics of the 2/135mm are pristine; the 2.8/200mm has a few scratches on the LD front element, though.

Focusing of the MD 2/135mm has gone slightly dry, and focusing of the 2.8/200mm is a bit stiff. Both lenses will need a careful cleaning and re-lubricating. Nevertheless, they never will focus as smoothly as a MC-X 1.7/85mm since they both have have a "double helix" focusing (not sure if that's the right term).

I've been using the 2/135mm with a glasless MD=>AF adapter on my A900 back in 2009-2011, but only at close distances for portraits. It's a outstanding portrait lens, but so are the Canon nFD 2/135mm and the Nikkor Ai/AiS 2/135mm! I'm looking forward to see how the MD performs on mirrorless FF cameras!

S

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
found an EBC Fujinon 200mm f/4.5 in M42 at the flea market today, fujinon stuff is rare as hen's teeth around here, was very surprised to see it

That's a neat little lens. My only problem with it is that it's too light and too thin, which makes it hard to hold steady. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
benadamx wrote:

That's a neat little lens. My only problem with it is that it's too light and too thin, which makes it hard to hold steady. Smile

i'm not mad at it! even with a grip extender, freehanding long lenses on my a7ii strains my right hand really badly, but i'm not having that issue with this one

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new lens, Ultron 50/1,8 for Icarex mount.

Almost perfect copy.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Two pretty rare Minolta beasts - the plain MD 2/135mm and the plain MD 2.8/200mm. The 2/135mm came in today, the 2.8/200mm was found a few years ago. Actually I had bought both lenses back in 2009 and 2010, but they were stolen in 2011. Both lenses shown here seem to have seen some pretty rough adventures. Nevertheless the optics of the 2/135mm are pristine; the 2.8/200mm has a few scratches on the LD front element, though.

Focusing of the MD 2/135mm has gone slightly dry, and focusing of the 2.8/200mm is a bit stiff. Both lenses will need a careful cleaning and re-lubricating. Nevertheless, they never will focus as smoothly as a MC-X 1.7/85mm since they both have have a "double helix" focusing (not sure if that's the right term).

I've been using the 2/135mm with a glasless MD=>AF adapter on my A900 back in 2009-2011, but only at close distances for portraits. It's a outstanding portrait lens, but so are the Canon nFD 2/135mm and the Nikkor Ai/AiS 2/135mm! I'm looking forward to see how the MD performs on mirrorless FF cameras!

S

Time to step-up to 300mm ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelb wrote:

Time to step-up to 300mm ?

Wow, nice set! I immediately would buy the MD-III 4.5/300mm, however I've never ever seen one here in Switzerland. "Professional" MD-III lenses (4/17mm, 2.8/28mm, 2/28mm, 1.2/50mm, 2/85mm, 2/135mm, 2.8/200, 4.5/300, 5.6/400 APO ...) are incredibly rare here. Back in those times it simply wasn't en vogue to buy Minolta if you could afford professional gear. I remember well (being about 15 y old at the time) to have collected the prospects of all major brands (ie Canon A-1 and New F-1, Leica M6, Minolta X-700, Nikon F3, Pentax LX and Zeiss Contax RTS II). The X-700 simply didn't impress me, and neither did the Minolta lens lineup: No 2/24mm (let alone a 1.4/24), no ASPH or L, no 1.4/85 or 1.2/85, no 2.8/300 and 2.8/400 ... Only much later I started to realize how good many of those Minolta MD-III lenses actually are (well, the 4.5/300mm IF probably not!). Not much later, at the age of 18, I bought the Minolta 9000 plus the "cool" AF lenses such as 2.8/20, 1.4/85, 2.8/100 Macro, 2.8/200 APO and 2.8/300 APO. Problem solved ... Wink

S

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
KEO wrote:
benadamx wrote:

i'm not mad at it! even with a grip extender, freehanding long lenses on my a7ii strains my right hand really badly, but i'm not having that issue with this one

No problems then!

Like 1 small

BTW, I opened mine up to clean some grime off one of the elements - it's a really simple design and easy to repair, if necessary.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few weeks after the rather rare second computation of the Konica AR 2.8/24mm now the even more sought-after 2.8/21mm came in - a very small superwide indeed! Here are those two siblings:

I've seen the 21mm just three times here in Switzerland - once as part of an entire "Konica case" containing half a dozen lenses from the AR 2.8/15mmm Fisheye to the AR 4/200mm.

Both wideangle lenses (the AR 2.8/21mm and the 2.8/24mm II) share the same basic construction (same US patent):

And both are said to have been manufactured by Tokina - but I have no proof to this.

Finally the two wideangles together with the contemporary top Konica SLR, the T4:

I look forward to see how those small beauties are performing Wink

S

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSC01774 by Mr TTT, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergtum wrote:
DSC01774 by Mr TTT, on Flickr

Like 1 low-key excellent lens, imho

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
A few weeks after the rather rare second computation of the Konica AR 2.8/24mm now the even more sought-after 2.8/21mm came in - a very small superwide indeed! Here are those two siblings:

I've seen the 21mm just three times here in Switzerland - once as part of an entire "Konica case" containing half a dozen lenses from the AR 2.8/15mmm Fisheye to the AR 4/200mm.

Both wideangle lenses (the AR 2.8/21mm and the 2.8/24mm II) share the same basic construction (same US patent):

And both are said to have been manufactured by Tokina - but I have no proof to this.

Finally the two wideangles together with the contemporary top Konica SLR, the T4:

I look forward to see how those small beauties are performing Wink

S

Congrats!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivitar 28mm f/2, 022 Kiron version. Kiron's 28mm seems to have more saturation; while Komine's 28mm seems to have more sharpness. Still like Kiron's better.
Soligor 45-150mm C/D. A zoom range that is not very typical.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
Vivitar 28mm f/2, 022 Kiron version. Kiron's 28mm seems to have more saturation; while Komine's 28mm seems to have more sharpness. Still like Kiron's better.
Soligor 45-150mm C/D. A zoom range that is not very typical.

i have the kiron-branded version, pretty great for shooting at dusk, sharp enough (in the center) wide open and nice rendering Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon FD 70-210/4 since this week Smile

The latest purchase before that was a CZJ Sonnar MC Electric 135/3.5. I've already had the older Zebra one for many years, but I could get the MC version for a nice price earlier this year.

I have not compared them in difficult circumstances yet (flare, strong sunlight) but overall I have not seen much difference in the image quality. The handling of the MC electric is better, and the integrated lens shade is nice to have.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was difficult to take the decision of selling my Takumar lenses, but I am very happy with my new toys (also bought months ago the 24/1.4 and years ago the 35/1.4).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:

S

I am jealous! How much did you pay for 135 f2?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dupli