Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
Petri 55mm 1.4. Need to search how to adapt to Sony E.

Cimko 25mm 3.5.

Sears 55-135mm 3.5, all metal version, probably made by Tokina

I have the 1.7 version in Petri Mount, I used an Olympus OM E mount adaptor, and Epoxy Resin to Glue it in, achieves perfect results

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 50% MF Wink

Sony FE 90mm/F2.8 MACRO G OSS (brand new) in order to use the "FocusBracket" APP on my A7R II.
Unfortunately automated focus bracketing doesn't work with adapted lenses, not even with Sony A-mount (Minolta AF D) lenses with Sony AF adapter.

However, works great! Fantastic lens.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Yes, I have had the same experience as you.
My Jupiter 8M lenses perform better than the J8 too.
Quite a puzzle

One idea I had: since there is no focusing mechanism and no grease inside the lens, there is nothing inside to cause any hazing or degradation of the glass.

I don't think that's a complete explanation by any means, but it could be a factor.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

today i learned that Miranda once used an M44 thread mount, and most fortuitously, that my miranda bayonet adapter has an internal thread for it!

but who made it? my notes suggest serials starting with 1 are tokina, but doesn't mention 4 digits ending in K.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
but who made it? my notes suggest serials starting with 1 are tokina, but doesn't mention 4 digits ending in K.

maybe already answered my own question? it's extremely similar (at least externally) to the accurar/fujitar 35mm f2.5, and wide-open performance seems to be comparably soft

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:
Petri 55mm 1.4. Need to search how to adapt to Sony E.

That's a lens that I find interesting.
It would be great if you could get some images to share.
Congratulations
T

Thanks. As another fellow member suggested, an Oly to E adapter + some glue can be used. I will look into it.

Blazer0ne wrote:

Is it radioactive?

I just measured and am happy to report it is not radioactive, along with its brother, the 55mm f/1.8.
I also measured Mamiya SX 55mm f/1.4, it is not radioactive; but SX 55mm f/1.8 is radioactive.
Regular Mamiya 55mm f/1.4 is radioactive; but 55mm f/1.8 is not.
Very interesting indeed.

eddieitman wrote:

I have the 1.7 version in Petri Mount, I used an Olympus OM E mount adaptor, and Epoxy Resin to Glue it in, achieves perfect results

Appreciate the information. Will try it out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
today i learned that Miranda once used an M44 thread mount, and most fortuitously, that my miranda bayonet adapter has an internal thread for it!

Nice find. The adapter circulating around on ebay does have dual function. I've seen Soligor Miranda with K at the end of the serial number before. But I am not too sure if it is made by Fujita like the lens you showed, since Fujita series usually have FT in their serial number. Anyway, could be mystery.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:

I have a copy of that lens also, and at one stage also owned a Vemar badged copy with exakta mount. More can read be in this Facebook Miranda group post here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2414859285232700/permalink/2441826105869351

The only other place I've seen K-suffix lenses discussed is this thread:
http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-for-leica-t69106.html

The lenses there do look considerably more expensive though.

I also have a Kengor brand 35/2.8 sitting in the reshippers warehouse in portland for reshipping to New Zealand as soon as some other items join it (sellers pics):

The livery of this lens and the not-much-higher serial number seems to indicate the livery was changed soon after. I also have a 28/2.8 with a 'K' suffix (serial 5580K), that looks fairly similar, I don't have any photos to hand of that one, the brand is Hidenon, and the IQ not great. I also owned an identical Promura (9502K) branded lens which was also poor.

The only other thing I have noticed in my internet travels is an Aetna 28/3.5 on the top right hand of Page 5 of this Seymours Sales brochure from 1965, which looks very similar:

http://www.ihagee.org/USA/SeymoursNewsCH65.pdf

I have been trying to find one, but have not succeeded yet.

Last edited by Alun Thomas on Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw mount: according to my research it's one of just over 2000 ever produced in 1959. Possibly this makes it worth a lot more than I paid for it (which was a good price for an old M-mount copy).

It's in excellent condition too. Just minor scuffs and scrapes on the body from normal use and a couple spots of rust on two of the aperture blades, but the glass is completely clear.

It's got wonderful IQ. The bokeh is super smooth. When the snow melts I'll be giving it a more thorough workout, but I'm quite impressed so far.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got my first bit of voigtlander kit, a super-dynarex 135mm f/4 in super clean condition, dkl-to-nex adapter arriving thursday, excited to shoot with it

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:

Screw mount: according to my research it's one of just over 2000 ever produced in 1959. Possibly this makes it worth a lot more than I paid for it (which was a good price for an old M-mount copy).

It's in excellent condition too. Just minor scuffs and scrapes on the body from normal use and a couple spots of rust on two of the aperture blades, but the glass is completely clear.

It's got wonderful IQ. The bokeh is super smooth. When the snow melts I'll be giving it a more thorough workout, but I'm quite impressed so far.

This 90 gave me the best pictures I have ever shot with this FL in the film days. I still have a later black head and the original helicoid but the total weight (I have to add the adapter for my mirrorless) keeps me away from it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meyer Primagon 35mm 4.5.
Doesn't have a sound name compared with other family members.
Will see how it performs.

Last edited by vivaldibow on Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
Meyer Primoplan 35mm 4.5.

i'm sorry
may be "primagon"?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergtum wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:
Meyer Primoplan 35mm 4.5.

i'm sorry
may be "primagon"?

I am sorry. Yes, you're right. Original post corrected.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultrapix wrote:
This 90 gave me the best pictures I have ever shot with this FL in the film days. I still have a later black head and the original helicoid but the total weight (I have to add the adapter for my mirrorless) keeps me away from it.

Like 1 small I love it so far.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:

I'm just wondering why you put tape over the Sony and the alpha logo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baekmann wrote:
benadamx wrote:

Reminds me of a rather successful Swiss photographer who for those jobs where his clients could see his equipment was using Nikon gear, at home however, in his studio, he was shooting with Minolta stuff (as long as no medium format or large format was needed, of coourse). Seems to have been a successful tactics, at least he was able to deveop his own large format camera which later became the Seitz "Roundshot Super" and "Super 70".

S

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baekmann wrote:

rather have as few things as possible to draw the eye, and i find if it doesnt say SONY ALPHA most people don't know its a fancy camera, or even a digital camera at all, which is a fairly effective security precaution in the places i am shooting sometimes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
Baekmann wrote:

rather have as few things as possible to draw the eye, and i find if it doesnt say SONY ALPHA most people don't know its a fancy camera, or even a digital camera at all, which is a fairly effective security precaution in the places i am shooting sometimes

Well that orange ring kind of spoils that.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
Baekmann wrote:

Ah, I get it now Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:

not as much as you'd think, only other sony alpha users spot it.. most folks ask me if i'm shooting film

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
kansalliskala wrote:

not as much as you'd think, only other sony alpha users spot it.. most folks ask me if i'm shooting film

you are right, it looks more like a film camera than most dslr-s