Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Lucse"]The last two weeks I was on a bit of a roll. My luck in finding lenses just not seemed to end.
I have been collecting lenses for 15 years, but this was definitely the luckiest streak I ever had.

I was able to acquire the following lenses (amongst some ordinary ones Wink:

- Ina 135mm f/1.5 (mint condition, only the hood is missing).
- Rodenstock Eurygon 30mm f/2.8 (mint condition, but slightly stiff focus-ring).
- Minolta RF 250mm f/5.6 mirror (lens is in mint condition but fungus infested).
- Carl Zeiss Biotar red T 12 blades (glass is slightly scratched though).
- MOG Trioplan 100mm f/2.8 M42, red V 'triangle 1', in mint condition.
- MOG Primotar 35mm f/3.5 (mint condition).
- Azovsky MC 3M-7K 300mm f/5.6 mirror lens (mint condition, filters included but some faint scratches on the front glass).
- Leicaflex camera plus Summicron 50mm f/2 and Summicron 90mm f/2 (I was so unfortunately to break of the red-plastic lens-release-switch at the sellers house Wink).
- Yashica DS-M 50mm f/1.7
- Helios 44 zebra by BeLOMO (mint condition).

This is where the saying "To good to be true" really fits ! Whoo Turtle Please remember me, your fellow forum member, when you look at selling the 135 / 1,5 ! I mean it. Thanks !

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolfhansen wrote:
i live in germany - the adapter came without any taxes or duty-fees

Maybe the US-Germany relationship is better then the US-Belgium one Wink.

Every single time I had something shipped from the US in the past I had to pay for importing it.
And this really adds up.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phalbert wrote:

This is where the saying "To good to be true" really fits ! Whoo Turtle Please remember me, your fellow forum member, when you look at selling the 135 / 1,5 ! I mean it. Thanks !

Smile. I am not thinking about selling it in the near future. It such a rare, special lens that I probably never will be able to let it go.

Although it's so heavy that it's not really usable without a tripod. I took three test-shots with and I had to put the camera down to give my arm some relief.
It has the weight of a baby (... but a baby doesn't damage the floor if you drop it ).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucse wrote:
wolfhansen wrote:
i live in germany - the adapter came without any taxes or duty-fees

Maybe the US-Germany relationship is better then the US-Belgium one Wink.

Every single time I had something shipped from the US in the past I had to pay for importing it.
And this really adds up.

Talking about import from usa to Spain ,gifts sent on 14th December(real gifts from friend ,for Christmas) , still on customs in spain ,after paying 90€ , rules here are ,every gift more than 45$ in value (including shipping ,I know this is crazy) ,needs to pass through customs (all items are personal gifts ,nothing specific commercial etc). It is so much easy to buy things from China (did I say BUY, not even gifts) ,sellers include free shipping (Wich I understood long time ago, it's subsidies by the mutual governments ,otherwise they wouldn't be able to shipp 2$ ring adapters for free with tracking number included for free ). So buying anything from states ,for europeans ,very bad deal Sad
Whatever adapter I would ship inside the country , it would cost me 9€ (envelope type) ,buy buying from china it's much cheaper ,even though it takes longer to receive .

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
Zamo wrote:
Phalbert wrote:
52 f1,4 you sure ? You mean 57 ?

There is an F-mount 52mm 1.4. I have two of them... but no adapter (yet, I have to build one, or something. In the to do list).

the lens is in lovely condition and i'm sure takes lovely photos, but i can't bring myself to spend $67 USD on the adapter at this point, may reconsider if i end up with more f-mount lenses

Alun Thomas wrote:

I built mine using the mount removed from the camera, there is a tutorial somewhere out there on the internet which explains fully. My version uses 55mm filters with the glass removed, as spacers. The F mount ring is held in the outer filter with the retaining ring originally used to hold the glass in. At the other end, there is a 55-42mm adapter, and a thin style 42-Sony E adapter to fit my camera. It should be possible also, to remove the mount from your camera non-destructively, if you have ambitions of using the Konica Camera at another point in time.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:

I built mine using the mount removed from the camera, there is a tutorial somewhere out there on the internet which explains fully. My version uses 55mm filters with the glass removed, as spacers. The F mount ring is held in the outer filter with the retaining ring originally used to hold the glass in. At the other end, there is a 55-42mm adapter, and a thin style 42-Sony E adapter to fit my camera. It should be possible also, to remove the mount from your camera non-destructively, if you have ambitions of using the Konica Camera at another point in time.

Thanks for sharing this great idea.

This seems to be the tutorial you are talking about (I think):

http://forum.mflenses.com/diy-konica-f-mount-adapter-t80325.html

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile. I am not thinking about selling it in the near future. It such a rare, special lens that I probably never will be able to let it go.

Although it's so heavy that it's not really usable without a tripod. I took three test-shots with and I had to put the camera down to give my arm some relief.
It has the weight of a baby (... but a baby doesn't damage the floor if you drop it ).[/quote]

2 things. Should you want to damage your floor, please try not to drop either the baby nor the lens. There are more appropriate ways to do it...
And then, you might want to share your findings with the INA in a new thread, maybe ? Wink

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phalbert wrote:
And then, you might want to share your findings with the INA in a new thread, maybe ? Wink

Yeah I know, I should do that.

Maybe I should grab the cow by the horns and do this right now.
I know myself, if I postpone this it will probably never happen again.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few pictures if that INA 135mm f/1.5. I will put some more in a separate thread, together with some test-shots.

It has some faint haze inside. The front lens-block unscrews very easily but I have not yet cleaned the glass inside.

The lens came without it's hood but I am using one of a CZJ Sonnar 180mm f/2.8.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucse wrote:
A few pictures if that INA 135mm f/1.5. I will put some more in a separate thread, together with some test-shots.

It has some faint haze inside. The front lens-block unscrews very easily but I have not yet cleaned the glass inside.

The lens came without it's hood but I am using one of a CZJ Sonnar 180mm f/2.8.

Very interesting, your copy came with different colouring for the aperture rings, focus and depth-of-focus scales, otherwise it is identical to the Vivitar badged examples. Maybe it was from a different batch. I too own a copy that is INA badged, the serial# is 1967130, but it has the same coloured markings as the Vivitar examples, and the serial number seems to put it in the same batch. I bought mine from a vendor in Germany, and it did come with its' hood. It is in good condition optically, but not quite as nice as your copy externally. What is the serial# of your copy?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our lenses are only a few numbers away Wink. Which is no surprise of course as probably less then 200 of these lenses are produced.
They have been sold under a few names (Vivitar, INA, Berolina, Carl Meyer) but all the serial numbers of them follow the same sequence.

Could you share a picture of your lens? I am interested to see it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucse wrote:

Could you share a picture of your lens? I am interested to see it.

Unfortunately I am away from home for work until March 11th, I'll try to remember to post some up when I return.

One question which does interest me is whether the Soligor 135/1.5 is the same, or a different design optically. The soligor lens certainly is different externally, following the standard styling of Soligor lenses in that period, many of which I am sure were from varying manufacturers.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Alun Thomas"]
Lucse wrote:

One question which does interest me is whether the Soligor 135/1.5 is the same, or a different design optically. The soligor lens certainly is different externally, following the standard styling of Soligor lenses in that period, many of which I am sure were from varying manufacturers.

The Soligor 135mm f/1.5 is a totally different lens according to me.

- It weighs (a lot) more. 2,7kg vs about 2kg (or 2,2kg with hood) for the Vivitar Ina.
- It only has 12 blades where the Vivitar/INA has 16.
- It has a filterthread of 98mm where the Vivitar/INA 'only' has a thread of 95mm.
- Minimum focus for the Soligor is 1,2 meters vs 1,6 for the Vivitar/INA
- The production of the Soligor started 10 years after the first production-year of the Vivitar (1977 vs 1967).

And above all: The Vivitar/INA has 7 elements in 6 groups while the Soligor only has 6 elements in 4 groups.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to believe how inexpensive these Kiev RF lenses are.

According to http://www.sovietcams.com/ this is a PT3550. It's in great shape - the only flaw is a few tiny scratches on the front element, but they're so small they're very hard to see even in bright light.

Super good lens. It's the same as but better across the board than my 1957 KMZ Jupiter-8 for Zorki. I don't know whether this is sample variation or wear-and-tear or German glass or what, but it's an excellent shooter.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One question which does interest me is whether the Soligor 135/1.5 is the same, or a different design optically. The soligor lens certainly is different externally, following the standard styling of Soligor lenses in that period, many of which I am sure were from varying manufacturers.[/quote]

The Soligor 135mm f/1.5 is a totally different lens according to me.

- It weighs (a lot) more. 2,7kg vs about 2kg (or 2,2kg with hood) for the Vivitar Ina.
- It only has 12 blades where the Vivitar/INA has 16.
- It has a filterthread of 98mm where the Vivitar/INA 'only' has a thread of 95mm.
- Minimum focus for the Soligor is 1,2 meters vs 1,6 for the Vivitar/INA
- The production of the Soligor started 10 years after the first production-year of the Vivitar (1977 vs 1967).

And above all: The Vivitar/INA has 7 elements in 6 groups while the Soligor only has 6 elements in 4 groups.[/quote]

Very interesting indeed. I was one of those thinking they were the same. So who made them ? Can we assume the Soligor was Tokina made ? And what about the Vivitar ? Was it that Perkin Elmer or who ?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phalbert wrote:
Very interesting indeed. I was one of those thinking they were the same. So who made them ? Can we assume the Soligor was Tokina made ? And what about the Vivitar ? Was it that Perkin Elmer or who ?

From all I have found on the internet nobody is able to answer that question with certainty. So I do not have an answer to it either.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:20 am    Post subject: seagull / haiou 64 Reply with quote

been watching ebay for one of these at a reasonable price for a long while now, and today it miraculously turned up at the flea market for $25

this appears to be a newer helios/biotar copy with funny bronze body details on the camera and lens - i'd still like the older original chrome-nose (or gold!) biotar copy, but this will be fun to play with in the meantime

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: seagull / haiou 64 Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
been watching ebay for one of these at a reasonable price for a long while now, and today it miraculously turned up at the flea market for $25

Like Dog

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a few "junk" lenses with fogged glass or fungus, among them two Konica AR 1.4/50mm and a AR 4/65-135mm, a rare Konica "24X18" (half format) 3.5/47-100mm lens, a Tokina RMC 3.8/70-150mm, and a Vivitar "22" Series 1 3.5/70-210mm. In addition to that a white edition Minolta 8000i with a white AF 3.5/35-105mm lens and a white 5200i Flash, and a Nikkor-H Auto 4.5/300mm, the latter in good condition.

I'm quite curious about the 4.5/300mm Nikkor and how it will complare to the two 4.5/300mm ED Nikkors I have (the Ai 4.5/300mm ED "non-IF" and the AiS 4.5/300mm IF-ED).

Lots of stuff to first clean and then enjoy Wink

S

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:

It's hard to believe how inexpensive these Kiev RF lenses are.

According to http://www.sovietcams.com/ this is a PT3550. It's in great shape - the only flaw is a few tiny scratches on the front element, but they're so small they're very hard to see even in bright light.

Super good lens. It's the same as but better across the board than my 1957 KMZ Jupiter-8 for Zorki. I don't know whether this is sample variation or wear-and-tear or German glass or what, but it's an excellent shooter.

Yes, I have had the same experience as you.
My Jupiter 8M lenses perform better than the J8 too.
Quite a puzzle
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petri 55mm 1.4. Need to search how to adapt to Sony E.

Cimko 25mm 3.5.

Sears 55-135mm 3.5, all metal version, probably made by Tokina

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
Petri 55mm 1.4. Need to search how to adapt to Sony E.

That's a lens that I find interesting.
It would be great if you could get some images to share.
Congratulations
T