Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
Tamron 60-300 in nice shape but don't know how to make aperture work ,I need help ; I've tried with different adaptall M42 , NIK and aperture is locked on close . With the FD stays wide open (contrary to M42 and Nik). So, don't know what to do, on my others tamron I have no issues at all.

Compare how adapter aperture linkage parts connect on lens that works, to how they connect on 60-300. Maybe a bent or missing part?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens looks like mint, nothing rare inside , but with 2 adapters stays full close the aperture and with the FD adapter stays wide open. I don't get it

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
The lens looks like mint, nothing rare inside , but with 2 adapters stays full close the aperture and with the FD adapter stays wide open. I don't get it

Do you set the aperture to wide open before mounting the adaptall adapter?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, aperture was set wide open before connecting the adapter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:

That's normal. Can you operate aperture without adapter? If yes, what looks different with adapter on this lens and the same adapter on a lens that works?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just got home and checked my old bbar 105mm (adaptall I ) mount with this 60-300 adaptall II (I assume). The old version , has the aperture ring working good without any adapter mounted, and when I am moving that ring ,there is the aperture lever (tab) moving . On the 60-300 zoom, without adapter mounted on the mount , the aperture ring is not working at all , in fact the ring is moving but don't do anything on the iris. On the zoom, I can press the connector of the mount ,where the adapter needs to be connected , and that makes the iris closing and opening . I don't understand the difference between the I and II version of the adaptall, but it's curious that on the zoom mount, I don't see any lever (tab) moving whenever closing/opening the aperture ring, so that makes me wonder if there is something missing or not ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a Hexanon Konishiroku 1.8/52mm (Konica F- Mount ) with a
quiet expensive, Konica F- Mount to Sony E- Mount Adapter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
I've just got home and checked my old bbar 105mm (adaptall I ) mount with this 60-300 adaptall II (I assume). The old version , has the aperture ring working good without any adapter mounted, and when I am moving that ring ,there is the aperture lever (tab) moving . On the 60-300 zoom, without adapter mounted on the mount , the aperture ring is not working at all , in fact the ring is moving but don't do anything on the iris. On the zoom, I can press the connector of the mount ,where the adapter needs to be connected , and that makes the iris closing and opening . I don't understand the difference between the I and II version of the adaptall, but it's curious that on the zoom mount, I don't see any lever (tab) moving whenever closing/opening the aperture ring, so that makes me wonder if there is something missing or not ?

To make sure I understand.

For 60-300 lens:
1. Without adaptall adapter on lens, turning aperture ring has no effect unless connector is pressed.
2. Mounting adapter onto lens you know to set lens to max aperture, and the adaptall adapter tab needs to be fit into slot on lens.
3. With adaptall M42 adapter on lens, turning aperture ring has no effect unless M42 pin is pressed.

You are saying #3 pressing M42 pin and turning aperture ring has no effect?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I've opened the aperture ring and the lever that is moving the iris ,was out of the aperture ring ,so I've put it back where it belongs,but....now I don't figure where do the washers go between the 3 rings of the mount ( I've only found 2 washers ,maybe I've lost one? Not sure, but is possible ) . In case I won't find the third ,I could fabricate one , but I need to know where those washer go between the rings . Now, at least ,by pressing that knob of the amount, and changing aperture settings, the iris is working properly . Interesting that there's not much info about repairs on these tamrons

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asahiflex M37 Takumar 1:2.4 f=58mm Asahi-Kogaku
Asahiflex M37 to M42 adapter

same 5-3 heliar optics, 1/5 the price of M42 version

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

And no chance it as actually a 55mm F2.2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

Like 1 Friends

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolfhansen wrote:
Hexanon Konishiroku 1.8/52mm (Konica F- Mount ) with a

Nice.

Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony 16-35/2 8 GM manual and AF.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolfhansen wrote:

i bought the 52mm/f1.4 (and the konica FS it was attached to) before realizing i'd need an F-mount adapter - how do you like that one?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

52 f1,4 you sure ? You mean 57 ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phalbert wrote:

There is an F-mount 52mm 1.4. I have two of them... but no adapter (yet, I have to build one, or something. In the to do list).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.
Here is the Hexanon Hexar 1.4/52mm ;
https://www.buhla.de/Foto/Konica/Objektive/e52_14.html

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Oui, çà y est j'ai vu. Merci !
Got it, Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:56 pm    Post subject: Vivitar T4 250mm f4.5 Reply with quote

I bid a bit more for this uncommon viv, and won it by a few pence. Of the same classic tokina made series as 135mm, 200mm, 300mm. For those who couldn't make up their minds whether they wanted a 200mm or a 300mm I guess...
A nice mint collectible one. Looking forward to taking it out for a spin when the weather relents.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last two weeks I was on a bit of a roll. My luck in finding lenses just not seemed to end.
I have been collecting lenses for 15 years, but this was definitely the luckiest streak I ever had.

I was able to acquire the following lenses (amongst some ordinary ones Wink:

- Ina 135mm f/1.5 (mint condition, only the hood is missing).
- Rodenstock Eurygon 30mm f/2.8 (mint condition, but slightly stiff focus-ring).
- Minolta RF 250mm f/5.6 mirror (lens is in mint condition but fungus infested).
- Carl Zeiss Biotar red T 12 blades (glass is slightly scratched though).
- MOG Trioplan 100mm f/2.8 M42, red V 'triangle 1', in mint condition.
- MOG Primotar 35mm f/3.5 (mint condition).
- Azovsky MC 3M-7K 300mm f/5.6 mirror lens (mint condition, filters included but some faint scratches on the front glass).
- Leicaflex camera plus Summicron 50mm f/2 and Summicron 90mm f/2 (I was so unfortunately to break of the red-plastic lens-release-switch at the sellers house Wink).
- Yashica DS-M 50mm f/1.7
- Helios 44 zebra by BeLOMO (mint condition).

These lenses all came in different buys (not in one lot) and with them came some camera's, filters, flashes, boxes, cases, teleconverters and other less desirable lenses.

So, I am not complaining Smile.

And yes, I know that all the above is bragging, but luckily for me, it is all true, hahaha.
(I have the feeling I even forgot to mention a few lenses...)

Edit: Yes , I forgot that I am waiting for a Takumar 50mm f/1.4, 8 elements to arrive. I bought it in the same 2 weeks as well.

Last edited by Lucse on Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
wolfhansen wrote:

i bought the 52mm/f1.4 (and the konica FS it was attached to) before realizing i'd need an F-mount adapter - how do you like that one?

Adapter works nicely, well build tool - i bought it on ebay

https://www.ebay.de/itm/203132313929

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolfhansen wrote:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/203132313929

Thanks a lot for that link. It's a huge coincidence but this evening I was looking at a Hexanon 52mm f/1.4 Konishiroku, which I considered to buy.
But I was unable to find an adapter or extension tubes (to fabricate an adapter myself).

The lens has some 'stains' inside (it's not clear of these are damaged coatings or just some dustparticles) but the filterthread is damaged as well.
So I am very much in doubt to buy this lens and that adapter....or not.
I live in Europe so I will have to pay import-taxes, duty-fees and the likes because this adapter is shipped from the US.

Any advise? Is this lens worth the investment?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i live in germany - the adapter came without any taxes or duty-fees

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zamo wrote:
Phalbert wrote:

There is an F-mount 52mm 1.4. I have two of them... but no adapter (yet, I have to build one, or something. In the to do list).

the lens is in lovely condition and i'm sure takes lovely photos, but i can't bring myself to spend $67 USD on the adapter at this point, may reconsider if i end up with more f-mount lenses