Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A slightly rarer lens for the Fujita 66 camera systems, the 240mm F4. possibly only sold for the some of the last models of the Kalimar branded six sixty version. The lens livery is different to that of earlier models, and the 52/3.5 lens can be found with the same livery. It has a yellow/green focus scale reminiscent of Itoh, but an 'H6' serial code attributed to various other makers. The 52/3.5 with the similar livery doesn't have the yellow/green scale and has an 'FT' serial. The 240mm lens has both a depth of focus preview (the slider on the side of the lens) and a semi-automatic stop-down on shutter push.

As a happy aside, I actually just found the camera to be operable, having previously believed it to be faulty. I was winding the film advance knob the wrong way, there was a small amount of resistance in the correct direction which initially I was unwilling to try and force. As per Rick Olesons' website, the shutter speeds are way out, but a runner is a runner! I might have to source some film stock and give it a try...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yashinon 5.5cm f1.8 in Pentamatic mount.
I am crafting an adapter for it, and am eager to see its potential.
T

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lomography Art Petzval 1.9/80.5 Mark II Bokeh Control

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
T

Nice one. I've never seen a black one in that mount. The M42 version is (almost) the same as the Auto Mamiya/Sekor 55 1.8. I've taken them apart and the elements and most of the parts are interchangeable. Only the rear element housing is a bit different - updated in the Mamiya, because it's easier to open it up.

Here's my new lens...

I liked the 85 1.2 so much I picked up one of these. It's a crop sensor lens that comes in Sony, Fuji, and Canon mounts.

It's really wonderful - as good as or better than the 85. It's amazing how sharp it is even at f/0.95. Bokeh and saturation are exquisite.

The worst characteristic is the distortion. I wouldn't recommend it for landscapes or buildings. Otherwise it's outstanding with a really interesting, pleasing character to the images.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My latest is a Nikkor 80-200 F-4 zoom.

Please excuse the distorted phone pix. The lens tube and focus grip are much straighter than what is shown here.

Lens rear. Note cut out on rear ring for AI-s type bodies.

Front element.
Despite signs of moderate heavy use, this one is in good shape.
I can't find much wrong with it, other than a tendency to not quite make infinity focus at the 80mm end at -7C.
Moving the zoom collar slightly away from the 80 mark clears that right up~ around 90mm by my eye.
It lacks the zoom creep of the earlier F4.5 variant. (I should really call that more a loose slide than creep.)
Will have to wait for prints from it to get images up here. I am on film only so far for these lenses.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Sharptail wrote:
My latest is a Nikkor 80-200 F-4 zoom.

It lacks the zoom creep of the earlier F4.5 variant. (I should really call that more a loose slide than creep.)
Will have to wait for prints from it to get images up here. I am on film only so far for these lenses.

-D.S.

Yes, mine is the same.
The optics are excellent but that zoom collar is all slop.
I hope the f4 version is better made
Tom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7Artisans 25mm 1.8 for Sony E

Looks nice on my Nex6 Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

Yes, mine is the same.
The optics are excellent but that zoom collar is all slop.
I hope the f4 version is better made
Tom

It takes just a shade more than gravity to move the zoom collar on F-4 version. A definite improvement.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta MD 75-150mm f4 (photo courtesy of seller).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first M42 model "Takumar 1:2.2 f=55mm", with distance markings in feet only. Gerjan von Oosten book shows the other two variations of this lens, with meters only, and with meters and feet, Made 1957-1959. Rare, I think!

Happy Dog Happy Cat Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
The first M42 model "Takumar 1:2.2 f=55mm", with distance markings in feet only.

Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
The first M42 model "Takumar 1:2.2 f=55mm", with distance markings in feet only. Gerjan von Oosten book shows the other two variations of this lens, with meters only, and with meters and feet, Made 1957-1959. Rare, I think!

Good find. You don't see that one often. Not even in Japan.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An SMC Pentax-m 50mm F2 (first version. I hope I saw it right on the images) just for collection completion and because it was 25% off for black Friday (From Rocky Camera who is on Bonanza these days)

Last edited by D1N0 on Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazer0ne wrote:
D1N0 wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

There is one for sale on eBay $80 plus shipping with imperial markings and preset aperture.

Though, Coatings would be consistent for either type of engraved barrel. No?

eBay must be hiding it from my overeager index finger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazer0ne wrote:
D1N0 wrote:
Blazer0ne wrote:
D1N0 wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

There is one for sale on eBay $80 plus shipping with imperial markings and preset aperture.

It's right next to the $4,500 300mm Ultra-Achromatic-Takumar. Wink

Click here to see on Ebay "dent on filter ring"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
T

Nice one. I've never seen a black one in that mount. The M42 version is (almost) the same as the Auto Mamiya/Sekor 55 1.8. I've taken them apart and the elements and most of the parts are interchangeable. Only the rear element housing is a bit different - updated in the Mamiya, because it's easier to open it up.

Here's my new lens...

I liked the 85 1.2 so much I picked up one of these. It's a crop sensor lens that comes in Sony, Fuji, and Canon mounts.

It's really wonderful - as good as or better than the 85. It's amazing how sharp it is even at f/0.95. Bokeh and saturation are exquisite.

The worst characteristic is the distortion. I wouldn't recommend it for landscapes or buildings. Otherwise it's outstanding with a really interesting, pleasing character to the images.

Congrats Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Blazer0ne wrote:
D1N0 wrote:
Blazer0ne wrote:
D1N0 wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

Ok that didn't show up because the seller has only selected US for shipping.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
Blazer0ne wrote:
D1N0 wrote:
Blazer0ne wrote:
D1N0 wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

A baseball throw away from Blazer0ne, only a few hours drive from me.

Yes, I'm pretty sure the coatings on all three variations are the same. Smile 5/5 optics -- later m42 55s are all 6/5, with three different computations.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazer0ne wrote:
D1N0 wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
Blazer0ne wrote:
D1N0 wrote:
Blazer0ne wrote:
D1N0 wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

Interesting, for others outside of the mainland, is there a Buyee type service available for searching and purchasing from United States auctions?

Not that I know of. But there is the international shipping program from eBay, but the seller has to offer it. It basically is the same but initiated by the seller instead of the buyer and handling and taxes are paid directly to Pitney Bowes instead of the post office. I think this seller may send abroad if you contact him about it, but usps shipping is usually 40 plus euro's.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

That is a great zoom. I have a pretty beat up copy with a scratched up front element and it still produces better images than many a modern zoom. I have a second one coming in from Japan.