Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Mine is a Jupiter 3 from 1952 with Ukrainian adapter

How do you like the adapter? I've thought about getting one.

It works and that is pleasing.
The housing (from the Kiev camera) which includes the helicoid, is held in place inside the Fuji mount with small allen screws and these can work loose in use, and need re-tightening from time to time.
Also one has to be careful not to rotate the helicoid completely out of its mount, as there is no stop at minimum focus. The helicoud is coarse and wobbles a little in use because of fairly large tolerances between the threads. This is a legacy of the original camera design and not the fault of the adapter. A Takumar it is not Smile
Other than that, it works quite well.
One reason to like it is that I can use the Jupiter 3 and Jupiter 8 on the one mount. And they are cheaper to acquire in Kiev/Contax mount.
Also the splendid Helios 103, which is a cracker of a lens
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jupiter-3

Jupiter-3 KMZ by Mr TTT, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
The housing (from the Kiev camera) which includes the helicoid, is held in place inside the Fuji mount with small allen screws and these can work loose in use, and need re-tightening from time to time.
Also one has to be careful not to rotate the helicoid completely out of its mount, as there is no stop at minimum focus. The helicoud is coarse and wobbles a little in use because of fairly large tolerances between the threads. This is a legacy of the original camera design and not the fault of the adapter. A Takumar it is not Smile
Other than that, it works quite well.
One reason to like it is that I can use the Jupiter 3 and Jupiter 8 on the one mount. And they are cheaper to acquire in Kiev/Contax mount.
Also the splendid Helios 103, which is a cracker of a lens
Tom

Thanks for the info. That's very helpful. I saw you posting about how much you liked the Helios-103 and the Jupiter-8M.

The only problem is, if I get one of those adapters, I'll have no choice but to acquire more lenses to fit it! Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergtum wrote:
Jupiter-3

Jupiter-3 KMZ by Mr TTT, on Flickr

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1
1951 - very nice.
Mine is from 1952
T

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 mine is 1952

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOI prototype Era-9 85mm/1.5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:

Impressive find! Like 1 Congrats

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315*
Oldhand

Thank You!!!
the purchase of this lens is a happy accident.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On its way from Japan, an SMC Pentax K 28mm f3.5 (photo courtesy of seller).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found the SMC Pentax K 3.5/28 to be a wonderful landscape lens
You will all enjoy its beautiful rendering.
As for myself, my last lens is a portrait lens for my Horseman 45
Fujinon 210mm f5.6
T

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inconspicuous Minolta MD 28mm 2,8 5 elements in 5 groups. Truly excellent.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumens pixel wrote:

The MD-III 2/28mm is even better Wink

Gr S

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new copy of the stack of primes. I found out my old one was decentered. There is less play in this one's barrel and the 'scratches' on the rear element came of with a bit of alcohol.
SMC Pentax-A 35-105mm 1:3.5 by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
A new copy of the stack of primes. I found out my old one was decentered. There is less play in this one's barrel and the 'scratches' on the rear element came of with a bit of alcohol.

Nice. I am currently getting acquainted again with a Minolta MD 35-105 which I have disregarded because of the horrendous minimum focus distance. I see the same 1,5 meters on your Pentax, can you engage the macro mode at any focal lenght?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
lumens pixel wrote:

The MD-III 2/28mm is even better Wink

Gr S

Unfortunately I do not own this one but I have red on your site numerous times your test of the 28mm Minoltas which is very instructive.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumens pixel wrote:

Nice. I am currently getting acquainted again with a Minolta MD 35-105 which I have disregarded because of the horrendous minimum focus distance. I see the same 1,5 meters on your Pentax, can you engage the macro mode at any focal lenght?

Yes. There is hard stop at 1.5 meters but when you push the focussing ring forward it engages macro focussing and you can get quite a bit closer. This works at any focal length. To get in the normal range again just pull it back when you hit the hard stop again.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi D1N0. I thought I knew most of the common 35-105 but never heard of this one. The special thing to me is the constant f3,5 which is really uncommon I think. Those I've seen are usually much older, like the Soligor CD and other biggish ones from that time. Nice find.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phalbert wrote:
Hi D1N0. I thought I knew most of the common 35-105 but never heard of this one. The special thing to me is the constant f3,5 which is really uncommon I think. Those I've seen are usually much older, like the Soligor CD and other biggish ones from that time. Nice find.

It's quite famous amongst Pentaxians but nobody ever pays them any attention Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:

It's quite famous amongst Pentaxians but nobody ever pays them any attention Wink

Hahaha, somebody does Smile
It's known as "stack of primes". One of the best Pentax prosumer zooms ever.
I used it, and its Pentax-A 70-210mm sibling (also with fixed max aperture) for travel photography, at a time, and in places, where the equipment was subject to a lot of abuse. Both never failed me, and the image quality has always been more than satisfying.
I always had a few primes with me, and two or three bodies, but there were times when a zoom came very handy.
For the record, my wide angle zoom was an uncommon one: the Variozenitar 20-45mm. Another very good zoom for its time

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest for me is an OM Zuiko 135mm f/3.5 - a very late serial number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberjunkie wrote:
D1N0 wrote:

I used it, and its Pentax-A 70-210mm sibling (also with fixed max aperture) for travel photography, at a time, and in places, where the equipment was subject to a lot of abuse. Both never failed me, and the image quality has always been more than satisfying.
I always had a few primes with me, and two or three bodies, but there were times when a zoom came very handy.
For the record, my wide angle zoom was an uncommon one: the Variozenitar 20-45mm. Another very good zoom for its time

You should tell us more about the VarioZenitar. I have been interested in this lens which is quite expensive now. Maybe you should open a thread about it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberjunkie wrote:
D1N0 wrote:

I have the 70-210 as wall and the 24-50 F4 so I'm good.

Got snubbed again today by a seller holding out a carrot. (Takumar 58mm 2.4 starting at 1 yen but retracted in the last minute).

buyee.jp wrote:
We are very sorry to inform you that, due to circumstances on the seller's side, the auction has been canceled.

But did get a very cheap Takumar 135mm 1:3.5 (first chrome and black preset version).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumens pixel wrote:
cyberjunkie wrote:

You should tell us more about the VarioZenitar. I have been interested in this lens which is quite expensive now. Maybe you should open a thread about it.

I will.
Good idea!
Give me some time. I am testing a few other vintage lenses, next will be the Calejnar 2.8/150mm in Kiev 88 mount (fortunately I found in my possession a nice K88 to M42 vintage soviet made adapter, which will be stuck on the lens for good Smile ).
When I'm done with a few others waiting in line, will be the time for the Variozenitar

D1N0 wrote:

did get a very cheap Takumar 135mm 1:3.5 (first chrome and black preset version)

It's the last Takumar I bought!
I find it beautiful... I'm in love with early Taks and Auto Taks.
Unfortunately it's stuck in Thailand with fifty or so other lenses, some of them quite valuable and many of them particularly loved and appreciated. Can't go back because of covid Sad

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
papasito wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:
......I don't own either Mamiya versions (the non SX and SX). I guess the two Mamiya's are different, are they?

No. They are the same. All the 55/1,4 Mamiya lenses are optically the same lens. 7/5 scheme.

supposedly made by Cosina (not by Tomioka like the Rikenon)

I had the chorme 55/1,4 TL v.1 and the SX version v.2 (the last is with me now, and are the same lenses, only coated differences)

Thanks. I am waiting to find an SX version for my collection. The Rikenon/Sears seems to be made by both Tomioka/Cosina (from the internet). I own two versions of the lollipop infinity mark; don't have the one with diamond mark yet.

I have an early chrome nose Sekor 1.4/55mm that's the siamese twin of a Yashinon lens.
So yes, at least the early ones are Tomioka's