Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
I finally picked up a 150.

It came with original caps in the original case in the original box. In fact, it looks like it's been sitting neglected in the back room of some store for the past fifty years. I may be the original owner, if that means I'm the first person to take it out and use it.

I'm quite pleased. It's nice and sharp for landscape use (which is basically why I wanted a 150), but it also has nicer bokeh than I expected wide open.

It works for macro too.

Uncommon excellent lens.
Congratulations
T

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Uncommon excellent lens.
Congratulations
T

Thanks. I was expecting it to be about like the 135 3.5, but I think it's better.

visualopsins wrote:

Whoo Turtle Congrats hood?

Yes, everything. Wink

Even the original styrofoam... Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've picked up some great lenses over the last few months.

Canon TS-E 90mm F2.8 Canon EF lens, but manual focus only. Electronic adapter to Sony, so you can change the aperture.

Very sharp all the way to the edge when not shifted or tilted. You can do amazing things with the focus with tilt.

Left is the standard shot at F2.8
Right is the tilted shot at F2.8 You can tilt so you can get almost everything in focus.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:

It came with original caps in the original case in the original box. In fact, it looks like it's been sitting neglected in the back room of some store for the past fifty years. I may be the original owner, if that means I'm the first person to take it out and use it.

I'm quite pleased. It's nice and sharp for landscape use (which is basically why I wanted a 150), but it also has nicer bokeh than I expected wide open.

It works for macro too.

Now go back out and buy a beater for daily use Wink .

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:

It works for macro too.

I have the ‘K’ bayonet version. One of my favorites: sharp and good CA performance.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steinheil Auto-S_Tele-Quinar 135 2.8 with original hood - negotiated down to $45 with antique shop in Anchorage, AK. They had no idea what it was really.

off of ebay -
Steinheil Cassar 105 f3.8
Steinheil Cassaron 40mm f3.5
another ludwig meritar came along for the ride.LOL.

Last edited by aerogami on Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Uncommon excellent lens.
Congratulations
T

Thanks. I was expecting it to be about like the 135 3.5, but I think it's better.

visualopsins wrote:

Yes, everything. Wink

Even the original styrofoam... Very Happy

Patent US3467462A I think.. https://patents.google.com/patent/US3467462A
Diagram in patent is identical to diagram in Gerjan's book for this lens.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivitar series 1, 800mm f/11. Have not unpacked the package. Hopefully the UV filter comes with the lens.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Japan for 27 euro's (about 70 after shipping and taxes)
Takumar 58mm 1:2 by The lens profile, on Flickr

it came on this:
Asahi Pentax by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
From Japan for 27 euro's (about 70 after shipping and taxes)

Nice! One of my most used lenses lately...yes, the f=55mm version.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two minoltas

AF 50/1,4 1st versión (can't find an adapter with aperture control)

MDI 50/1,4

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:

Yes, I feel like I should! This one is just too nice.

caspert79 wrote:
I have the ‘K’ bayonet version. One of my favorites: sharp and good CA performance.

Like 1 small I should get a K adapter. I know there are a lot of excellent K mount lenses.

visualopsins wrote:

Like 1 small Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
Sciolist wrote:

Yes, I feel like I should! This one is just too nice.

caspert79 wrote:

Like 1 small I should get a K adapter. I know there are a lot of excellent K mount lenses.

visualopsins wrote:

Like 1 small Thanks.

Yes, the K series lenses are mostly excellent , although in some cases I prefer their Takumar counterparts (because I love those all metal focusing rings). But some K lenses exist as K only, like the 28/3.5 and it’s pretty brilliant.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preset Konica Hexanon AR 3.5/200mm (different optical construction, compared to the later "automatic" AR 3.5/200mm lenses):

Some mor information about the camera here at the SLR forum:
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1542855.html#1542855

Stephan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta Rokkor MD 35mm f/2.8.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

Is the hood somehow rare, I think I have one I don't need.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

Is the hood somehow rare, I think I have one I don't need.

Part of complete new boxed lens. Hood is marked for (common) 1:3.5 / 135mm and (less common) 1:4 / 150mm -- not so rare. Check ebay prices for hood only...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:

That's my favourite 35mm lens. On 24MP and on 43 MP FF it's a solid performer, small and lightweight. No "vintage look" or "character" though ...!!

Only in cases where shifting is needed I chage it for the Zeiss CY PC Doistagon 2.8/35mm shift lens.

S

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

That's my favourite 35mm lens. On 24MP and on 43 MP FF it's a solid performer, small and lightweight. No "vintage look" or "character" though ...!!

Only in cases where shifting is needed I chage it for the Zeiss CY PC Doistagon 2.8/35mm shift lens.

S

Yeah, also Philip Reeve speaks highly of this lens. And for 30€ Including X700 and 50mm you can't go wrong 😊.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamiya sekor f.c. 35mm 2.8 for Prismat NP

Rikenon 55mm 1.4, Nikon F mount, for Ricoh Singlex, that comes with the lens. (not identical Nikon F mount). May need to file one of the lugs or find a Nikon to NEX adapter to file the flange. I guess the lens is essential a Mamiya 55/1.4. But this one is non radioactive.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

Part of complete new boxed lens. Hood is marked for (common) 1:3.5 / 135mm and (less common) 1:4 / 150mm -- not so rare. Check ebay prices for hood only...

I could sell it but mail to U.S. is ridiculous: 44,90 euros for a box under 11cm height. Mad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:

Yeah, also Philip Reeve speaks highly of this lens. And for 30€ Including X700 and 50mm you can't go wrong 😊.

Interestingly, the 2.8/35mm from the 1975-1985 timeframe are very difficult to find here in Switzerland, the Minolta being the only exception. The Nikkor Ai/AiS 2/35mm e. g. is far more common than the Ai/AiS 2.8/35mm. I've never seen a Canon nFD 2.8/35mm for sale, and neither a Pentax-A. The Zeiss CY 2.8/35mm usually sells for more than the 2.8/25mm Distagon, and the 2nd compact computation of the Konica AR 2.8/35mm is non-existent as well. And I've neither seen a Mamiya Sekor CS nor a Sekor E/EF 2.8/35mm. The Oly rarely shows up, and only Yashica ML I ever saw is now here on the shelf (not a bad lens at all, but not as sharp over the entrire field as the Minolta MC/MD 2.8/35mm [5 L version].

vivaldibow wrote:
Mamiya sekor f.c. 35mm 2.8 for Prismat NP

Interesting! The only Mamiya with the Exacta bayonet I have is the 1.7/58mm ... Any hints about the optical contruction of the Sekor F.C. 2.8/35mm?

vivaldibow wrote:

Rikenon 55mm 1.4, Nikon F mount, for Ricoh Singlex, that comes with the lens. (not identical Nikon F mount). May need to file one of the lugs or find a Nikon to NEX adapter to file the flange.

I got a Rikenon 1.4/55mm as well, some days ago, abeit with a Pentax M42 screw mount. It's filter ring is dented, but the lens seems to perform well. Not yet thoroughly tested, though!

vivaldibow wrote:
I guess the lens is essential a Mamiya 55/1.4. But this one is non radioactive.

I only have the Mamiya SX 1.4/55mm. That lens certainly has a different optical construction than my Rikenon 1.4/55mm (M42): Similar, but clearly not identical reflexes, and a different diameter of the last lens.

S

Last edited by stevemark on Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

S

My copy of MD-III 35/2.8 is a bit glow-ish wide open.
No idea why: even a flashlight test shows clear glass.
Have you noticed anything along the lines with yours?

My MD-III 50/1.4 had very pronounced central hotspot in heavily backlit scenes wide open, so perhaps not all MD-III lenses play well with A7R sensor.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidaho wrote:

My copy of MD-III 35/2.8 is a bit glow-ish wide open.
No idea why: even a flashlight test shows clear glass.
Have you noticed anything along the lines with yours?

Difficult to say ... of course also the MD 2.8/35 has a slightly lower contrast wide open, compared to f5.6 or f8. But even on 43 MP FF sensors it certainly does perform as well as the Sony/Zeiss E-mount Sonnar 2.8/35mm:
http://artaphot.ch/minolta-sr/objektiv-vergleiche/434-sony-a7rii-and-summilux-1-4-35mm-asph-sony-zeiss-fe-2-8-35mm-and-minolta-md-2-8-35mm

S

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staeble Telon 5.6/85mm:

Certainly by far the smalles 85mm for full frame I own! Shown here with a previously acquired Staeble Kata 2.8/45mm mounted on a Braun Paxette. The Kata is even smaller, and the smallest full frame lens I have. Both lenses have a M39 mount, but the flange distance is about 44mm - which means the usual Leica M39 won't work. I have been freelensing a bit, using a M42 adapter (which doesnt allow infinity, but goes to about 5m). Lens is pretty sharp at f5.6, has some CAs, and a very low contrast due to slight fogging. Its barrel is well made, but not as perfectly machined as contemporary Steinheil or Leitz lenses. Not a really rare lens, but somehow special and funny.

Another unusual lens is this modified Leitz Elmar 9cm 1:4:

Also this lens is tiny, but still twice as long as the Staeble 5.6/85mm. Of course it is twice as fast as well Wink. The adaption looks well made ... The lens itself was made in 1947, it is coated, and it has only "feet" markings. As with some other early Leica M39 lenses (Hektor 4.5/13.5cm, Thambar 2.2/9cm), the optical core can be removed easily. And since, some years ago, I had found an empty focusing unit of an early Elmar 4/9cm in the wastebin of a local photo shop, I now have both mounts for my 9 cm Elmar: Leica M39 and Exacta bayonet Wink

S