Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Mamiya Sekor f.c. 48mm f/1.9 on a Prismat PH camera. This one has a unique bayonet. May need some work to adapt to mirrorless. Interestingly, this lens seems to be manufactured by the same manufacturer for the Mamiya Sekor (f.c.) 58mm f/1.7 Exakt mount used in their Prismat NP camera.

A Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 50mm f/2.8 (only a guess from the photo), silver version.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new lens is in the mail, it's the Color Dinarex 85/2,8 (mamiya sx lens with better coated) in QBM mount-

I hope it's a good lens.

If anyone has any experience with that lens, welcome the opinion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estate sales have just started up again here - masked, socially distanced, and temperature-scanned, and i scored a sears auto TLS with Sears Auto EE 50mm f/1.4 - appears to be rebadged ricoh/rikenon, have to figure out who made the lens (tomioka / cosina / mamiya? did ricoh make their own?)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ordered a Voigtländer Ultron 21mm f/1.8. Can't wait for it to arrive 🤗🤗🤗

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
estate sales have just started up again here - masked, socially distanced, and temperature-scanned, and i scored a sears auto TLS with Sears Auto EE 50mm f/1.4 - appears to be rebadged ricoh/rikenon, have to figure out who made the lens (tomioka / cosina / mamiya? did ricoh make their own?)

Does it have a flat rear element? Than it is Tomioka. Great lens.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:

it's pretty convex.. still takes very nice pictures anyway Laugh 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

it's pretty convex.. still takes very nice pictures anyway Laugh 1

Can you show the lens?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:

Can you show the lens?

trying out this cheap LED ring light my wife just got for zoom calls Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meyer Optik Görlitz 150mm 5.5 Telemegor. Just arrived today.

Looks like this one has been serviced because everything is clean and works smoothly. However it has also been reassembled slightly incorrectly. I was able to fix infinity focus by unscrewing the focusing ring, moving it over a bit and screwing it back down again. However I am pretty sure that the infinity focus mark should line up with the aperture mark; it doesn't. Something I failed to notice when I bought it on eBay. It doesn't affect functionality but it irks me a bit. I am not (yet) brave enough to take the thing apart.

Surprisingly, it is sharper than the 180mm 5.5 Telemegor.

Regards, C.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

Can you show the lens?

trying out this cheap LED ring light my wife just got for zoom calls Very Happy

Nice, looks very solid with its metal focusing ring.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tomioka with flat rear element would be the 55mm rather ? (Not 50.)

After having read all I found in the net about the Tomioka Cosinon debate, I just order a Rikenon 55/1,4 for $ 45 from someone who doesn't know what he is selling, and a Cosinon 55/1,4 for $ 75. Both supposedly in good condition (I'm bracing for the rikenon...). We'll see.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Sonnar in PB mount.
T

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AGFA Minilab lens by The lens profile, on Flickr

These three heavy military grade guys arrived.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phalbert wrote:
The Tomioka with flat rear element would be the 55mm rather ? (Not 50.)

After having read all I found in the net about the Tomioka Cosinon debate, I just order a Rikenon 55/1,4 for $ 45 from someone who doesn't know what he is selling, and a Cosinon 55/1,4 for $ 75. Both supposedly in good condition (I'm bracing for the rikenon...). We'll see.

Yes you're right!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice compact Kuribayashi Petri A.C. Orikkor 1.9/45mm converted to LTM-Mount (M39)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I happened upon the K-mount multi coated version of the Panagor 135mm 1:2.8 (Which I believe to be have been made by Komine)
Panagor PMC Auto Tele 135mm 1:2.8 by The lens profile, on Flickr

Panagor PMC Auto Tele 135mm 1:2.8 by The lens profile, on Flickr

A new lens for Project Panagor (I already had the non-pmc earlier version with 8 instead of six aperture blades and a slightly different body).

This one:
Panagor Auto Tele 135mm F/1:2.8 by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three common, but historically significant F mount Nikkors:

Nikkor-P Auto 1:2.5 f=105mm (Sonnar type)
Nikkor-H Auto 1:3.5 f=35mm
Nikkor-N Auto 1:2.8 f=24mm

The Nikkor-P Auto 2.5/105mm (right) is an example of the latest Sonnar version made, with a scalloped aperture ring (same as the forthcoming Xenotar variant of the 2.5/105mm Nikkor). Still marked "Nippon Kogaku Japan", not Nikon! This version was produced in the 1966-71 timeframe.

The Nikkor-H Auto 3.5/28mm is a very common Nikkor, this one being made around 1972.

The Nikkor-N Auto 2.8/24mm shown here is one of earliest variants, still marked "Nippon Kogaku Japan", produced 1968-71.

All three lenses come from the waste bin of a local photo dealer. "Too shabby to sell ... " he says, "focus has run dry" and "if I'd sell stuff like this the buyers would complain ...". Anyway, I enjoy getting these things, taking them apart and cleaning / re-lubricating them ...

S

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Kawanon 135mm f/2.8. Don't know too much about it but it has a lot of aperture blades 🤗.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentacon 135mm f2.8.
A Meyer Orestor in new clothes
T

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this little guy turned up at the flea market.. emboldened by recent successes CLAing some old lenses, i figured i'd be able to get that front element out and clean the haze off it, but turns out its... degraded in some fashion? maybe etched by previous fungus or something, a real shame as the other elements are nice and clear.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
this little guy turned up at the flea market.. emboldened by recent successes CLAing some old lenses, i figured i'd be able to get that front element out and clean the haze off it, but turns out its... degraded in some fashion? maybe etched by previous fungus or something, a real shame as the other elements are nice and clear.

That is a real pity as it is an excellent lens which covers APSc quite nicely.
Still worth trying I think
T

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:

Try re-polishing with cerium oxide ...! Available e. g. on Amazon for about USD 10.--.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
benadamx wrote:

Try re-polishing with cerium oxide ...! Available e. g. on Amazon for about USD 10.--.

are you serious? have you done this before?