Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R2 + nfd 35/2.8@2.8

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Oldhand"]
uddhava wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
uddhava wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Jupiter 12.
If it ever arrives Smile

What camera will you use it on?

On the Kiev 4A
Smile

I have the same camera and lens plus the Jupiter 8M and 11. All of them are usually
available at the camera shops in Budapest. An enjoyable camera and lens to use.

Yes those are my lenses too, plus the Helios 103
Tom

I have the same silver version as in your pic and all the other Jupiters. This lens gets so much negative flak, yet i like to use it on my A7ii, yes it s far, far from perfect but still usable with a bit of care, i have also a black version, it s so discreet for street:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:

Yes it has character for sure.
What a happy couple these two make Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Oldhand"]
tomasg wrote:

That s 40 - 50 years of merriage Smile)))

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="tomasg"]
Oldhand wrote:
tomasg wrote:

Laugh 1

I am married 50 years next year.
I hope it does not make me look like that Laugh 1 Laugh 1 Laugh 1 Laugh 1 Laugh 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Oldhand"]
tomasg wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
tomasg wrote:

Laugh 1

I hope it does not make me look like that Laugh 1 Laugh 1 Laugh 1 Laugh 1 Laugh 1

Congrats Congrats Congrats

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kds315*"]
Oldhand wrote:
tomasg wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
tomasg wrote:

Laugh 1

Congrats Congrats Congrats

Thank you Klaus.
My wife and I still like each other Smile
I am a happy man
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful Tom, lucky you are indeed!! Happy Dog Friends Happy Cat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this lens recently, similar to ones I know from Zeiss West and Zeiss Jena. Rather rare bird this is. Used for the rectification of aerial images. Zeiss West used the TOPOGON 180mm for this, Zeiss Jena had a so called TRANSFORMATOR lens for that (only seen one sold in decades). This is the russian answer to that. BERTELE worked on such lenses too, mentions it in his book: https://books.google.de/books?id=7bKIDwAAQBAJ&pg=PA72&lpg=PA72&dq=reprogon-4&source=bl&ots=cd1WPSqotV&sig=ACfU3U38_nWCvqsFw5jphxoNbwn4i9egAw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjvjd_GpODpAhXKepoKHco-BdgQ6AEwAnoECAoQAQ#v=onepage&q=reprogon-4&f=false

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ordered a Nikkor 200/4. When it arrived I will test it against my smc pentax (k) 200/4.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamiya Sekor SX 2.8/105mm. Nice little lens, about the same size and shape as the Minolta MD-III 2.5/100mm, and a interesting addition to my small SX lens collection.
However, i still don't have a suitable M42=> Sony E adapter to test these lenses (they have a protruding pin which interferes with my M42 adapters).

From left to right:
Mamyia Sekor SX 2.8/28mm
Mamyia Sekor SX 2.8/105mm
Mamyia Sekor SX 1.7/85mm
Mamyia Sekor SX 2.8/135mm
Mamyia Sekor SX 3.5/200mm

Stephan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

I am a happy man
Tom

Obviously ... one can see & feel that when looking at your pictures Wink

Stephan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Oldhand wrote:

I am a happy man
Tom

Obviously ... one can see & feel that when looking at your pictures Wink

Stephan

Thank you Stephan.
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Just ordered a Nikkor 200/4. When it arrived I will test it against my smc pentax (k) 200/4.

I picked up one of those recently, and I really like it. The black and white shots I've gotten from it are particularly nice.

The only problem is I would almost never choose it over my ED Nikkor 180 2.8.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSC02265 by Mr TTT, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
stevemark wrote:
kds315* wrote:
I would have taken that 105mm Nikkor too, the Sonnar one... Wink

It' not the Sonnar, sadly ... Wink

Bummer then... Sad

Now a Sonnar-type Nikkor-P 10.5cm 1:2.5 is on the way ... should arrive on Wednesday. Let's see how it compares to the later 2.5/105mm Nikkor which is a Gauss type ...

S

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a Nikon body with a curious lens attached to it. An Ozunon 24mm f/3.5.

Strangely, the Wikipedia page on Ozone Optical only mentions a f/2.8 version.

Anybody familiar with the f/3.5 lens?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Гелиос 44-3 МС ||| Helios 44-3 MC by Mr TTT, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Mamiya Sekor SX 2.8/105mm. Nice little lens, about the same size and shape as the Minolta MD-III 2.5/100mm, and a interesting addition to my small SX lens collection.
However, i still don't have a suitable M42=> Sony E adapter to test these lenses (they have a protruding pin which interferes with my M42 adapters).

From left to right:
Mamyia Sekor SX 2.8/28mm
Mamyia Sekor SX 2.8/105mm
Mamyia Sekor SX 1.7/85mm
Mamyia Sekor SX 2.8/135mm
Mamyia Sekor SX 3.5/200mm

Stephan

Great collection Like 1 . I've been looking for the 85 mm f/1.7 for ages already but it seems to be extremely rare. I remember reading a test of 85 mm lenses made back in the 1980's by the very well known German tester Schön and both SX 85 mm lenses (i only have the f/2.8 in Rollei mount...) came out as being on par with the Zeiss and Leitz lenses. BTW, I'm using my SX lenses on a cheap "Kecay M42 for Nex Focus" Helicoid adapter and there is no problem with the protruding pin and rim. Furthermore, the helicoid is very useful for getting closer. One caveat though : the interior is shiny so you have to glue some black velours (that's what i did) or paint it with matte black paint to avoid reflections and flare.
Greetings Volker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alsatian2017 wrote:

Great collection Like 1 .

I wouldn't say "great", but certainly a few nice lenses Wink. I missed an SX 14mm Fisheye some years ago, in a local auction. And probably a few more which i don't remember ... Since i only buy lenses here in Switzerland, I simply take what's available, and never hunt for a certainn lens. Sometimes there's not much interesting stuff around, but usually there are much more "new" (=unknown to me) interesting lenses available than I can afford ...

[quote="Alsatian2017"]
I've been looking for the 85 mm f/1.7 for ages already but it seems to be extremely rare.
Alsatian2017 wrote:

I'e only seen it once here in Switzerland (same with the SX 14mm Fisheye), and it was a bit of a fight to winn te auction, but finally i got a DSX 1000 with SX 2.8/28mm, 1.8/55mm, 1.7/85mm, 2.8/135mm and 3.5/200mm plus an XD-11 with MD 4/24-50mm and the MD 4/200 Rokkor for less than CHF 250.--. Certainly not too much ...

Alsatian2017 wrote:
I remember reading a test of 85 mm lenses made back in the 1980's by the very well known German tester Schön and both SX 85 mm lenses (i only have the f/2.8 in Rollei mount...) came out as being on par with the Zeiss and Leitz lenses.

I'm quite curious about its performance. Simple "handheld" (and spurious) first tests showed a lousy performance in the infinity range, but when i checked it at a distance of maybe 2-3 meters it was absolutely stunning: I took images of a Tibetan thangka which had lots of detail, and is was completely sharp even in the corners, at f1.7.

Alsatian2017 wrote:
BTW, I'm using my SX lenses on a cheap "Kecay M42 for Nex Focus" Helicoid adapter and there is no problem with the protruding pin and rim. Furthermore, the helicoid is very useful for getting closer. One caveat though : the interior is shiny so you have to glue some black velours (that's what i did) or paint it with matte black paint to avoid reflections and flare.
Greetings Volker

Thanks for this information!

Stephan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yashica ML 3.5-4.5/42-75mm:

The lens was hidden in the waste bin of a local shop. I had seen these strange 42-75mm zooms quite often in local auctions of Yashica gear,
but never bothered to actually buy one. When i found this little lens in pristine condition, however, i took it with me.
It is very well made - focusing is as smooth as with the highly praised Takumars / Super-Takumars / S-M-C Takumars.
Compared to other contemporary "normal zooms", the lens is quite good at the long end (=75mm), and average at the 42mm position.
In additioin, it is extremely small and lightweight, even though everything (including the aperture ring!) is made out of metal.
Actually it is a much nicer lens than I had suspected!

S

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:

The lens was hidden in the waste bin of a local shop. I had seen these strange 42-75mm zooms quite often in local auctions of Yashica gear,
but never bothered to actually buy one. When i found this little lens in pristine condition, however, i took it with me.
It is very well made - focusing is as smooth as with the highly praised Takumars / Super-Takumars / S-M-C Takumars.
Compared to other contemporary "normal zooms", the lens is quite good at the long end (=75mm), and average at the 42mm position.
In additioin, it is extremely small and lightweight, even though everything (including the aperture ring!) is made out of metal.

S

Yes, it is indeed a lens with a peculiar focal range. At the time, there was another lens with similar specs, the Fujinon 43-75 mm f/3.5-4.5 which has been introduced together with the Fujica AZ-1 as the "world's first kit zoom". I've found an old special edition of lens tests made by the French magazine "Phot'Argus" and the testers agree fully with your impressions: resolution and contrast are better at 50 and 75 mm and you have to close to f/8 and 42 mm to get a clear and sharp image.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeiss S-Biogon 5.6/40mm highest resolution copy lens...

Like this one:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alsatian2017 wrote:
stevemark wrote:

S

Yes, it is indeed a lens with a peculiar focal range. At the time, there was another lens with similar specs, the Fujinon 43-75 mm f/3.5-4.5 which has been introduced together with the Fujica AZ-1 as the "world's first kit zoom". I've found an old special edition of lens tests made by the French magazine "Phot'Argus" and the testers agree fully with your impressions: resolution and contrast are better at 50 and 75 mm and you have to close to f/8 and 42 mm to get a clear and sharp image.

I also agree with these statements. This lens can be used on a 24MP full frame camera and make good quality images. I have also compared it to the Fujinon and the Yashica is better in every way. But both are fun to use and that's the important thing.