Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir wrote:
Not exactly a lens but important (to me) nonetheless... and #$#@!?&?$?% expensive !

VOIGTLÄNDER Close Focus Adapter VM / Sony-E

Image courtesy of Voigtländer

Congratz for a must have! I ordered the Techart adapter a while ago and hope to get it soon.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Nothing special, but I have been looking for an early-ish J-8 in good condition for a long time.
There are hundreds out there but most have either tacky corrosion to the aluminium barrel or are showing scratchings in the glass surfaces from cleaning - or both.
This one looks OK to me - just awaiting its delivery and that could take a while.
OH

Mine is a 1957 and looks just the same .... a PT3030 i believe.... 9 blades .....got a cheap Chinese silver vented hood..... works fine, looks nice....
They're just wonderful little things, really !

You will love using it..... and what it gives !

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Mir"]
Oldhand wrote:
Nothing special, but I have been looking for an early-ish J-8 in good condition for a long time.
There are hundreds out there but most have either tacky corrosion to the aluminium barrel or are showing scratchings in the glass surfaces from cleaning - or both.
This one looks OK to me - just awaiting its delivery and that could take a while.
OH

Mine is a 1957 and looks just the same .... a PT3030 i believe.... 9 blades .....got a cheap Chinese silver vented hood..... works fine, looks nice....
They're just wonderful little things, really !

You will love using it..... and what it gives !

Thank you Mir.
What is the filter ring size for the lens hood.
I think that I will need one.
Regards
Tom

PS - not to worry - found it - 40.5mm
Laugh 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally found a tamron (soligor) 250mm f4.5

UPDATE sample pics here.

Last edited by marcusBMG on Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, that is a nice telelens Like 1 small
Feels quite compact and lightweight too compared to its focal length.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivitar 135mm 2.8 close focus (MD mount).
Nice lens voor bugs and butterflies, I hope.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Vivitar 135mm 2.8 close focus (MD mount).
Nice lens voor bugs and butterflies, I hope.

I have one in MD mount too. Works well on a crop camera for as a tele marco if you stop it down.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:22 am    Post subject: S-Planar 1:4 F=100mm Reply with quote

With a Japanese focusing tube yesterday at a local shop. There are a few of these currently listed on ebay if you wanted to know what it looks like. I also added a SMC PENTAX-M MACRO 50/4 a few days earlier.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RO4-1M 35mm f/2 m39 (KMZ) Wink

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This beefy hunk of glass came in a kit with various lenses (which will be sold to partially finance the keeper):

New to the family by scepticswe, on Flickr

A quick snap:

Canon new FD 300 mm f/4 L test shot by scepticswe, on Flickr

Too bad it doesn't have a filter ring, a filter in front of its massive and no longer available front lens would lower my blood pressure when hauling the lens around...

But the optics more than make up for it Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few lenses that came in last week:

* Meyer Görlitz Tele Megor 15cm 1:5.5 (Exakta bayonet)
* Tamron Zoom 95-205mm 1:6.3 (M42)
* Canon new FD 135mm 1:2.8
* Canon new FD 300mm 1:4
* Tokina RMC 135mm 1:2.8

The nFD 4/300mm seems to have quite little CAs and a quite good detail resolution, compared to other "ordinary" (=non fluorite / non-ED / non-UD / non-AD) 300mm lenses from the 1970/1980 time period. Focusing is easy and precise, built quality is not as outstanding as the Minolta MC-X Rokkor 300mm 1:4.5.

The Tokina 2.8/135mm has an excellent detail resolution, even at f2.8 and in the extreme Full Frame corners! CAs are comparable to other good 135mm lenses from the same time period (eg Minolta MD-Rokkor 135mm 1:2.8 [4/4] or Canon new FD 135mm 1:2).

Stephan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a really lucky couple days, and I received 3 lenses today. Unfortunately none of the are mint.

The Nokton was $175, but has slightt fungus-but I already knew that. Still worth it I think. The 1.8/85 Takumar was $100, but has small dent in in filter ring as well as on the rear mount, which was bad surprise.
The really awesome find is the 'Sonnar' Takumar 2/58- my second one in a few months!
Not as minty as the one I have, but not as bad as it looked in picture. And it was only $50 Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice haul, it looks like, even with the wear factored in.

Question: is the 58/2 the only Sonnar type normal Takumar, or are there others? How about the 55mm f/2? I think I might have one of those. I know I have a 55mm f/1.8, but I seem to recall picking up an f/2 somewhere as well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
A nice haul, it looks like, even with the wear factored in.

Question: is the 58/2 the only Sonnar type normal Takumar, or are there others? How about the 55mm f/2? I think I might have one of those. I know I have a 55mm f/1.8, but I seem to recall picking up an f/2 somewhere as well.

only 2/58mm is Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillSanj wrote:
Had a really lucky couple days, and I received 3 lenses today. Unfortunately none of the are mint.

The Nokton was $175, but has slightt fungus-but I already knew that. Still worth it I think. The 1.8/85 Takumar was $100, but has small dent in in filter ring as well as on the rear mount, which was bad surprise.
The really awesome find is the 'Sonnar' Takumar 2/58- my second one in a few months!
Not as minty as the one I have, but not as bad as it looked in picture. And it was only $50 Smile

Congrats, great finds and steals!! Which mount has the Nokton?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you kindly!
The Nokton is unfortunately in regular prominent mount-I wish it was an LTM/M39 :/
I sold a super minty one a while ago because I didn't have a mirrorless. Then I sold another one
because of dented filter ring , but kept the hood and filters for when I find another nice one.
I think I will be selling this one as well to fund the acquisition of a minty one-to keep. I do have a
mint early m39 on the line I was considering sending a "decent offer" on, but also seems like a
terrible decision.

I wanted to ask, do you by chance know if the Nokton came in Nikon RF mount?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillSanj wrote:
Thank you kindly!
The Nokton is unfortunately in regular prominent mount-I wish it was an LTM/M39 :/
I sold a super minty one a while ago because I didn't have a mirrorless. Then I sold another one
because of dented filter ring , but kept the hood and filters for when I find another nice one.
I think I will be selling this one as well to fund the acquisition of a minty one-to keep. I do have a
mint early m39 on the line I was considering sending a "decent offer" on, but also seems like a
terrible decision.

I wanted to ask, do you by chance know if the Nokton came in Nikon RF mount?

I missed a NOKTON Prototype a while ago, big bummer, seller sold it behind my
back while negotiating, maybe better I dodn't get it, too much negativity Wink
Still lookimg for a nice older one, ideally LTM, but those are very expensive now.

The more modern NOKTONS came in different mount, also Nikon-RF if I remember correctly.
Yep, look here Click here to see on Ebay

And even back in the days Voigtlander made the Noktor with Nikon-RF mount, see Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My "James Bond" version of an old 1957 Jupiter-3 has arrived...

already tested it, very sharp it is!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
My "James Bond" version of an old 1957 Jupiter-3 has arrived...

already tested it, very sharp it is!

Laugh 1

Haha - my agent 1141 is still in the post. Same year as yours Klaus.
Can't wait.
OH

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too funny! Press thumbs for you!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the info klaus!
Yeah I'm pretty set on getting a nice prominent, but feel no need to spend extra for just collectivity for a different mount.
I have talked to a guy recently, who is taking offers on early silver ring LTM version. He seemed like a nice/stand up guy,
if you're curious I can PM you the link. I was surprised to see he hasn't sold it yet, so he might be more open to a conservative offer.
Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foth Anastigmat 75mm f3.5 in Foth Flex TLR.
What is really interesting about this camera is its focal plane shutter.
Unusual.
OH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:

The nFD 4/300mm seems to have quite little CAs and a quite good detail resolution, compared to other "ordinary" (=non fluorite / non-ED / non-UD / non-AD) 300mm lenses from the 1970/1980 time period. Focusing is easy and precise, built quality is not as outstanding as the Minolta MC-X Rokkor 300mm 1:4.5.

I bought a new nFD 300/4 back in about 1985 or so. I found it to be a great lens as long as I used it in rather specific ways. It had a real problem with CAs when taking pics of hard lines in brightly lit settings. Tons of CA -- green and magenta fringing. Back then, it was enough to ruin a slide. Nowadays, much of it can be eliminated in post. But if I shot under the right conditions, it did work very well.

Kodachrome slide with Canon F-1 and nFD 300mm f/4:

I often wished after I bought it that I would have sucked it up and bought the "L" version instead. The 300/4 L is in another class entirely.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:

I bought a new nFD 300/4 back in about 1985 or so. I found it to be a great lens as long as I used it in rather specific ways. It had a real problem with CAs when taking pics of hard lines in brightly lit settings. Tons of CA -- green and magenta fringing. Back then, it was enough to ruin a slide. Nowadays, much of it can be eliminated in post. But if I shot under the right conditions, it did work very well.

Thanks for that additional information! I have just given my very first experiences with the nFD 4/300m - and of course i have to wait a little bit until i know the mre "hidden" features & problems of the lens. In the meantime i've compared the nFD 4/300m with the old FD 5.6/300mm, the nFD 5.6/300 (also an IF lens) and the old FD 2.8/300mm SSC Fluorite. To my complete surprise, the nFD 5.6/300mm wide open (=f5.6) is nearly as good as the FD 2.8/300 SSC @ f5.6, and both for sure are better (=less CA, better corner resolution) than the nFD 4/300mm!
cooltouch wrote:

I often wished after I bought it that I would have sucked it up and bought the "L" version instead. The 300/4 L is in another class entirely.

That's the only one i don't have - apart from the nFD 2.8/300mm L.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had the opportunity to shoot with a nFD 300mm f/2.8L. But I was at an air show years ago, shooting with my Tamron 300mm f/2.8 LDIF and Nikon F3, and got to talking with a guy who was there with a New F-1 and nFD 300/2.8L. We traded outfits at one point to take a look through each and I was stunned. I'm sure much of what I saw was due to the superior bright F-1 focusing screen, but looking through that lens was --- well it was better than sex, is the way I often put it. Everything was just so bright and clear.

We both agreed that my F3's focusing screen left a lot to be desired after we'd compared the two outfits, and that it was probably the reason for much of the differences we were seeing. But still -- I'll never forget just how beautiful everything looked through that lens (and F-1 focusing screen, I must remind myself).

I love my Tamron 300/2.8 and I love the many great shots I've gotten with it, but still one of these days I'd like to get an FD 300/2.8L.