Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ernst Dinkla wrote:

The pin is one obstacle, the rim on the aperture ring another one. A modified M42 adapter is needed.

At least in my M42 adapter, the rim is no problem. And machining down the outermost part of the adapter will solve the "pin problem".

Ernst Dinkla wrote:
For the SX 55mm 1.8 this discussion suggests 3 separate elements in front of the aperture: http://forum.mflenses.com/mamiya-sekor-55mm-f1-8-t64464.html

Thanks for the information!

Ernst Dinkla wrote:
I have the lens diagrams of the CS and EF lenses but none for the Mamiya SLR lenses that appeared before the CS range. However of the SX and CS range several were cloned for the Rolleinar range. I think there are lens diagrams for that brand. An improvised list of lens design linking is here: http://forum.mflenses.com/rollei-hft-rolleinar-28-2-8-t79537.html

I know your lens list;) ... And i have two small corrections to it:
1) The 4/21mm was available also as Sekor SX
2) The CS version of the Sekor 300mm is a 4/300mm [5/4] construction (same as the Sekor E). A CS 3.5/300 [4/4] does not exist!

Stephan

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Ernst Dinkla wrote:

The pin is one obstacle, the rim on the aperture ring another one. A modified M42 adapter is needed.

At least in my M42 adapter, the rim is no problem. And machining down the outermost part of the adapter will solve the "pin problem".

Ernst Dinkla wrote:
For the SX 55mm 1.8 this discussion suggests 3 separate elements in front of the aperture: http://forum.mflenses.com/mamiya-sekor-55mm-f1-8-t64464.html

Thanks for the information!

Ernst Dinkla wrote:
I have the lens diagrams of the CS and EF lenses but none for the Mamiya SLR lenses that appeared before the CS range. However of the SX and CS range several were cloned for the Rolleinar range. I think there are lens diagrams for that brand. An improvised list of lens design linking is here: http://forum.mflenses.com/rollei-hft-rolleinar-28-2-8-t79537.html

I know your lens list;) ... And i have two small corrections to it:
1) The 4/21mm was available also as Sekor SX
2) The CS version of the Sekor 300mm is a 4/300mm [5/4] construction (same as the Sekor E). A CS 3.5/300 [4/4] does not exist!

Stephan

Alright, and I quickly added your corrections to the list. Thank you. I have to check the versions again based on the lens diagrams I have of the TL/DTL, CS and E ranges. And the E brochure image that I have does not show a 300mm at all.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this "rare" Sigma 28mm 2.8 Non-Vignetting. Looks like a mini-wide II but isn't. (Little aperture window)

It does seem to have some kind of strange haze in it but it looks minty otherwise. will have to see how it plays out in photo's.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another 28mm for my Panagor collection:
Panagor Auto Wide Angle 28mm 1:2.5 by The lens profile, on Flickr

Arrived from France just three days after it was sent. So it is possible....

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ernst Dinkla wrote:

Alright, and I quickly added your corrections to the list. Thank you. I have to check the versions again based on the lens diagrams I have of the TL/DTL, CS and E ranges. And the E brochure image that I have does not show a 300mm at all.

Good! I've been adding new entries to my small Mamiya lens section at artaphot, containing the lens sections of the most common Mamiya SX lenses:

http://www.artaphot.ch/mamiya/mamiya-sx-objektive

For time being, there's no additional information, but i'll upgrade it with some tests as soon as possible.
BTW i haven't been able to find the SX 1.7/85mm lens section ...

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while since I bought some vintage lenses. But I'm now completing my pre-WWII set of Leitz-lenses. I already had a 9cm f/4 Elmar, and during this week found (hopefully) good deals on a 1936 Summar 5cm f/2.0 and a 1938 Elmar 3.5cm f/3.5. Later I might add a 135 Elmar or Hektor but no rush with that. And there's 7.3cm Heltor, a fascinating lens, but it's difficult to find an affordable lens.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't bought a lot in the last months. The last lens was a LensBaby Burnside 35 which I absolutely love! (Wouldn't have thought so!)

And an Arsat 2.8/80 and a Telear 5B 5.6/250 together with a Kiev-88. Wink

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Among my last purchases
100mm/1.8 soviet projector lens adapted with internal diaph, focuser and M42 mount

And a classical OKS1-75-1 75mm/2 adapted to M42 too.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta Rokkor MC QE 100/3.5 Macro with 1:1 and case.(MCII)
It joins my set of MCII's
-MC W.NL 21/2.8
-MC W.SI 28/2.5
-MC HH 35/1.8
-MC HG 35/2.8
-MC QF 50/3.5 Macro and 1:1 converter.
-MC PG 58/1.2
-MC PF 58/1.4
-MC PF 85/1.7
-MC PF 135/2.8

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:

are these the same as the Vivitar 28mm/f2.5? looks extremely similar in most details

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
D1N0 wrote:

are these the same as the Vivitar 28mm/f2.5? looks extremely similar in most details

Quite likely.
Looks very similar to the Vivitar Kiron/Kino made lens
Tom

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
Among my last purchases
100mm/1.8 soviet projector lens adapted with internal diaph, focuser and M42 mount

That's such a lovely shot of the lens, I can't pass without commenting. Nice one Like 1 .

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one.
Poor man's Pancolar 55mm f1.4.
The Prakticar 50mm f1.4
T

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
This one.
Poor man's Pancolar 55mm f1.4.
The Prakticar 50mm f1.4
T

Nice find, please post some pictures. I'd like to see if f/1.4 is as soft as on mine.

The feel of the build quality are good on these.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
-MC W.NL 21/2.8
-MC W.SI 28/2.5
-MC HH 35/1.8
-MC HG 35/2.8
-MC PG 58/1.2
-MC PF 58/1.4
-MC PF 85/1.7
-MC PF 135/2.8

Would love to hear your thoughts about 21mm NL. I am happy with the 28mm 2,5 and I don't know if the 21 mm is up to the quality of the 28.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
Among my last purchases

Really coooool stuff indeed, particularly the Soviet 100mm 1.8 conversion. Enjoy yourself! Best jt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:

I recently got one as well. Quite a rare lens here in Switzerland; the one i bought was actually the very first sample I had ever seen.

Lightshow wrote:
-MC W.NL 21/2.8
-MC W.SI 28/2.5
-MC HH 35/1.8
-MC HG 35/2.8
-MC PG 58/1.2
-MC PF 58/1.4
-MC PF 85/1.7
-MC PF 135/2.8

A nice set indeed! I'm still missing the MC-II 2.8/21mm and 1.8/35mm ...

Stephan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Ernst Dinkla wrote:

Good! I've been adding new entries to my small Mamiya lens section at artaphot, containing the lens sections of the most common Mamiya SX lenses:

http://www.artaphot.ch/mamiya/mamiya-sx-objektive

For time being, there's no additional information, but i'll upgrade it with some tests as soon as possible.
BTW i haven't been able to find the SX 1.7/85mm lens section ...

I see you did not add the SX 55mm 1.8 either in that list. I would be interested in your opinion of that lens at some point in time. While adaption is more difficult the CS 35mm 2.8 is worth to try out too.

Will search for the SX lens section drawings.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ernst Dinkla wrote:

I see you did not add the SX 55mm 1.8 either in that list.

Very simple - i didn't find its lens section ...

Ernst Dinkla wrote:

I would be interested in your opinion of that lens at some point in time.

Right now i'm working in Rome, but i'll try to get back on the Mamiya stuff as soon as i'm back home. Do the SX 1.8/55 and the earlier TL version ("Auto Mamiya/Sekor 1:1.8 f=55mm") share the same optical construction?

Ernst Dinkla wrote:
While adaption is more difficult the CS 35mm 2.8 is worth to try out too.

Yes, for sure! But i did never see one here in Switzerland ... And the Sekor E/EF 2.8/35mm is equally rare here!

Ernst Dinkla wrote:
Will search for the SX lens section drawings.

That would be nice - especially the 1.7/85mm would be very interesting.

Stephan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the ES 35mm 2.8 mamiya/sekor worth to buy?

Last edited by kiddo on Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
Is the ES 35mm 2.8 mamiya/sekor worth to muy?

The optical design is like the SX as far as I know (and not like the CS) but it has a bayonet mount so is harder to adapt. I have no experience with the SX or ES version of the 35mm 2.8.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="stevemark"]
Ernst Dinkla wrote:

Ernst Dinkla wrote:

I would be interested in your opinion of that lens at some point in time.

Right now i'm working in Rome, but i'll try to get back on the Mamiya stuff as soon as i'm back home. Do the SX 1.8/55 and the earlier TL version ("Auto Mamiya/Sekor 1:1.8 f=55mm") share the same optical construction?

Ernst Dinkla wrote:
While adaption is more difficult the CS 35mm 2.8 is worth to try out too.

Yes, for sure! But i did never see one here in Switzerland ... And the Sekor E/EF 2.8/35mm is equally rare here!

Stephan

There has been some discussion on the 55mm 1.8 versions. The SX version is the last one and it has 6 elements, 5 groups, 3 elements in front of the aperture so most likely Xenon/Ultron type. The ES version should be the same internally and had this quite positive test a long time ago. According one source the last manufactured DTL/TL version could have the same optical design but Herron etc does not mention that version. It is normally described as a 6 elements 4 groups and the cross cut is Planar like.

It will be difficult to adapt the E/EF version anyway. There has been an "electronic" adapter but not anymore AFAIK. The user set aperture is electronically registered to the camera and mechanically controlled from the camera. There is no direct link between aperture ring and the aperture mechanism. A bit difficult to hack that to a direct mechanical control too, the ring turns about twice the angle degrees the aperture mechanism does. A kind of reducing gear or block and tackle + spring might do it. Based on the E 50mm 2.0 internals that I have.
Some years ago I bought the CS 35mm 2.8 on ebay.de for 23 Euro including postage.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ernst Dinkla wrote:

It will be difficult to adapt the E/EF version anyway.

Not more difficult than the MinAF => NEX adapter ... Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Ernst Dinkla wrote:

It will be difficult to adapt the E/EF version anyway.

Not more difficult than the MinAF => NEX adapter ... Wink

Laugh 1

There is a wide variety of adapters with that description. The Sony OEM electronic types, the extra aperture ring acting on the lens aperture mechanism (easiest approach for E/EF), the lock ring one (would not work for E/FE as the lens aperture ring is not a kind of preset ring).

Maybe a MinAF>Nex adapter with the extra aperture ring could be hacked to a Mamiya E/EF>Nex adapter.
https://www.bol.com/nl/p/adapter-ma-nex-minolta-sony-af-lens-sony-nex-a7-camera/9200000054855922/

Infinity is already difficult but might be possible, 1mm to carve out in the adapter, the Minolta/Sony AF register distance is 44.5mm, the Mamiya 43.5mm, throat diameters are close though.

I am not sure what the ring on the adapter does exactly but guess 1 stands for widest aperture etc. The Mamiya E/EF tab for the aperture covers a smaller angle than I see on that adapter.

I think CS lenses have been manufactured in higher quantities than the E/EF and I like the conversion to Canon EF mount more as i can add a chip for my MC-11 adapter then.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ernst Dinkla wrote:

There is a wide variety of adapters with that description. ... the extra aperture ring acting on the lens aperture mechanism (easiest approach for E/EF) ...

Here we are:
https://www.ebay.it/itm/Fotodiox-Pro-Lens-Mount-Adapter-Mamiya-35mm-ZE-SLR-Lens-to-Sony-Alpha-E-Mount/352670796572?hash=item521cd14b1c:g:TAoAAOSwMpFcBWjz

Ernst Dinkla wrote:

I think CS lenses have been manufactured in higher quantities than the E/EF ...

If properly made, this "Mamiya E => NEX" adapter should also work for Mamiya CS lenses.

Stephan