Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Latest lens is a Kamero Auto 35mm f2.8 in m42 mount. Nice clean example with am switch.
This is the Mitake made version. I can't wait to try it out.

Forgot to mention this is my lens for the month of Febuary. Sense it was only $16 shipped, I might add one more then lens this month.

Congrats. I got this lens last year for $13 shipped but post office lost it! Although I got the refund from the post office, I've never seen another one with the similar cost. Yours is one of them! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Sciolist wrote:
Gott23 wrote:
It's in the post, so not had a hands-on with it yet.. though, I think you're right. Just checked it at allphotolenses and it's pretty much a match..

http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_4353.html

Rather than the retail name (I think I've also seen it with another name), it might be interesting to track down the manufacturer/factory it came out of. There may be a nice surprise. You never know.

Manufacturer unknown at this time. The lens was sold under atleast a dozen different names.
Serial number will start with a 6 or 7.

I got a few such lenses. I guess it was made by Sun?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got me a Kiron 28 f2. Aperture blades are oily as always with these, but it works flawlessly.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Nikkor 105/2.5 coming my way😁😁😁😁

Was it good price? If you have it for spares ,ii need the rear group Laugh 1 (I don't think so). - very nice this nikkor ,I have it with issues ,but it's wonderful

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laugh 1

That's approximately 10mm from top to bottom.. Very Happy

(at 33% of original: https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7869/46422764704_5a57fb0c59_o.jpg )

That was with a flektogon 35/2.8 - but I've been a bit sick with a bad back and not had much chance to play with it too much more.

Great for abstractions though:

[/quote]

I see you enjoy playing into macro , nice shots

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been finding some great lenses lately. Just got the 50mm f1.4 Fujinon EBC back from service and now these two showed up. They are both a grade 9 in both optics and cosmetics. The 25mm is AEG and the zoom is MMJ.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much did you get them for? They aren't cheap options these days,just like all Zeiss .....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both lenses and a Contax RX body for $300USD. I had to drive 90 minutes in a snowstorm to get them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three Minolta MD MF lenses:
35mm 2.8, 50mm 1.7 and 200mm 4.0 in very good condition.
With a XG-1 that doesn't react on a fresh battery. And some filters.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rybolt wrote:
Both lenses and a Contax RX body for $300USD. I had to drive 90 minutes in a snowstorm to get them.

That's what I call buying smart, excellent price and the 25 mm I have and ic a very good lens. Buying in winter, it's a good buy, many times for personal reasons (probably need of cash) people are selling real jewels for very good price,just like your case.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won a lot of 10 old lenses for 135€, mostly mediocre stuff like Sigma zooms, Kenlock crap etc, but also a Tokina AT-X 90/2.5 in the middle Smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
walter g wrote:
Latest lens is a Kamero Auto 35mm f2.8 in m42 mount. Nice clean example with am switch.
This is the Mitake made version. I can't wait to try it out.

Forgot to mention this is my lens for the month of Febuary. Sense it was only $16 shipped, I might add one more then lens this month.

Congrats. I got this lens last year for $13 shipped but post office lost it! Although I got the refund from the post office, I've never seen another one with the similar cost. Yours is one of them! Smile

I've been lucking out lately, finding lenses I've wanted for awhile cheap. I've had the post office loose a couple items. It really sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
walter g wrote:
Sciolist wrote:
Gott23 wrote:
It's in the post, so not had a hands-on with it yet.. though, I think you're right. Just checked it at allphotolenses and it's pretty much a match..

http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_4353.html

Rather than the retail name (I think I've also seen it with another name), it might be interesting to track down the manufacturer/factory it came out of. There may be a nice surprise. You never know.

Manufacturer unknown at this time. The lens was sold under atleast a dozen different names.
Serial number will start with a 6 or 7.

I got a few such lenses. I guess it was made by Sun?

Not sure. It's possible. I need to research it. Most of the 3rd party 100mm f2.8 also start with 6 or 7.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said I might buy one more lens for February. I did.
Canon FL 100mm f3.5. Beautiful lens with aftermarket caps. Only problem it has haze.
Bought it out of Japan, at $9.99 plus $10 shipping. At that price I'm willing to take the risk.
It's already shipped. Can't wait to give it a try.
This is another lens that's been on my wanted list for years.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soligor AUTO-ZOOM 1:4.5 f = 75-260mm by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Those could be pretty awesome as a large print.

Thanks! I am thinking along those lines given I'm shooting at 50MP, but it does need some tweaking... Those were pretty much shot handheld, generally wide open and at 800 ISO; so with a tripod, proper shake reduction, and shooting at 50 ISO, they should be a lot better. The one thing I have found with a full-frame at a low ISO is that the noise/pixellation is so fine that it's hard to distinguish from film grain at times.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last one I got was a AGILUX Anastigmat 85mm f5.5 for the Agimatic from ebay Making my Agimatic sytem complete. The lens is rare as hell but I snagged it and he accepted £20 less than listed price. I don't know how I can adapt it for use on my Sony A7, but I'll have a go.

My smallest complete camera system!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leitz Leica Summar 5cm F:2 Coated from 1939. A great copy , hard to find coated and clear as water. Great BOKEH, Don

http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20192/11013_DSC04983_2.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had an unintended GAS attack at the weekend. I'm now awaiting an unusually low serial number CZJ Tessar 50/2.8 (leatherette), and an E.Ludwig 50/2.9 Meritar…… attached to rather lovely Ihagee Exakta Varex IIa and an Exa (1st model) respectively.

Beans for a week it is then!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eastwestphoto wrote:
Leitz Leica Summar 5cm F:2 … clear as water. ...

http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20192/11013_DSC04983_2.jpg

Good find.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got lost in the 60's this morning. I've read that this version of the Yashinon has a Thorium element. Does anyone have data on that? Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Yarp.

https://camerapedia.fandom.com/wiki/Radioactive_lenses

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this weekend's loot: a Spiratone 135mm / f2.8 for $5!

also got a Vivitar Series 1 (Komine) 28-90mm / f2.8-3.5 circa 1984 (if i'm reading the serial correctly) for $15, but forgot to take any pictures of it, it's the classic stovepipe tho

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost came home with a Yashinon 50mm f1.7 for £199 from a second hand shop. When I say 'almost came home with' I meant that I had it at the register and only realised when it was rang up that it wasn't £1.99 but £199.

"Rare as rocking horse shit mate in this condition". Crusted with dust and with paint loss. Still for two quid...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up tonight a nice Vivitar serie 1 28-90mm 2.8-3.5 in MD mount.