Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:
... so I've consoled myself by getting a Isco Gottingen Wesanar 135mm f3.5 (last version) for a decent price..

what is meant by the last version of Westanar 135mm f3.5? maybe you mean tele-westanar 135mm f3.5?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergtum wrote:
Gott23 wrote:
... so I've consoled myself by getting a Isco Gottingen Wesanar 135mm f3.5 (last version) for a decent price..

what is meant by the last version of Westanar 135mm f3.5? maybe you mean tele-westanar 135mm f3.5?

That's the one, and the last version of it, i.e the plastic design. (The thread on here comparing the five versions is probably the best info on the lens tbh, there's little else...)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gott23 wrote:
sergtum wrote:
Gott23 wrote:

That's the one, and the last version of it, i.e the plastic design. (The thread on here comparing the five versions is probably the best info on the lens tbh, there's little else...)

OK
Thank You!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother in law gave me two Zenit E cameras with a Helios 44-2, a multi coated Pentacon 2.8/29mm, a Pentacon Auto 2.8/135mm and an Industar 50-2, all in nice condition. He also gave me a Lomo 135 M which wasn't working so I took the lens off and will adapt it.
I already have these lenses in older perhaps single coated versions so I will compare them to see which ones I will keep.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
My brother in law gave me two Zenit E cameras with a Helios 44-2, a multi coated Pentacon 2.8/29mm, a Pentacon Auto 2.8/135mm and an Industar 50-2, all in nice condition. He also gave me a Lomo 135 M which wasn't working so I took the lens off and will adapt it.
I already have these lenses in older perhaps single coated versions so I will compare them to see which ones I will keep.

Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a sucker for a cute little zebra... f.b.r 105mm f2.4. Minty, mechs are a little stiff, and the focus sleeve was loose, easily fixed.
Is this a sankor? The 6 digit serial number has an E on the end, like many of the 3rd party lenses attributed to sankor in the sankor lens thread.
it's very similar in style to my "series E" 135mm f3.5.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a pentacon electric 100mm f2.8. Also a bit sticky with the mechanicals and a teensy bit of fungus. But I'm happy, these are good.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamasaki E-Congo 4.5/180mm

Enlarger lens (Large format ?) with M52 Mount and 16 blades, f 4.5 to 64
Infos about Yamasaki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilfitt Kilar 150mm F3.5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonN wrote:
Kilfitt Kilar 150mm F3.5

I deffinetely like the name "Heinz Kilar" LOL
Hope to see some pics of this lens

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiron 28-85mm f/2.8-3.8 macro by The lens profile, on Flickr

Fungus and sticky aperture. I've found a disassembly guide. It will be a lot of work.

Kiron 28-85mm f/2.8-3.8 macro by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck D1NO Like 1 .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
I'm a sucker for a cute little zebra... f.b.r 105mm f2.4. Minty, mechs are a little stiff, and the focus sleeve was loose, easily fixed.
Is this a sankor? The 6 digit serial number has an E on the end, like many of the 3rd party lenses attributed to sankor in the sankor lens thread.
it's very similar in style to my "series E" 135mm f3.5.

Yes, that's a Sankor Series E. Although strangely mine has no 'Sankor' name on it at all, the name ring reads "SERIES E"

it's a superb little lens, one of my firm favourites.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolfhansen wrote:

Infos about Yamasaki

Hard to find and very good.
Well done
My latest is nowhere near as rare

Tom Laugh 1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSC01288 by Mr TTT, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

150mm enlarger lens
Graf 25mm c-mount cine lens
UV microscope lens 40x 250-800nm (!!!)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrived today, a Primotar 50mm f/2.8 in Exakta mount that seems to work quite nicely Smile

One question, if anyone can help, there's a secondary scale on the underside of the lens marked "LZ 8 11 16 22 etc" in red and some distances in green. Just wondering if anyone knows what it's for? Something similar is mentioned in an on-line pdf of the lens brochure, but it's in German and doesn't seem to translate to anything meaningful using on-line facilities.

The chilli was photographed with a 10mm extension tube at f/5.6 by window light using my Samsung NX5.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolfhansen wrote:

Infos about Yamasaki

I have a Yamasaki lens in shutter, for large format.
Most modern optics were made for LF. I have seen them set in leaf shutter, and also in barrel.
Enlarging lenses are not so common. I have seen very few E-Congo.
Could be a tweaked version of the LF optic, maybe with slightly different positioning of the elements. Schneider did the same with their double Gauss designs, using distancing washers to adjust the same design for different conjugates.
However I believe this is a Tessar design (that is not easily tweaked varying the distance of the optical cells), so it might well be a taking lens in disguise...
Yamasaki has never been an innovative lens maker, but their lenses are well made and solid performers.
I'd be curious to read about your impressions.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kypfer wrote:
Arrived today, a Primotar 50mm f/2.8 in Exakta mount that seems to work quite nicely Smile

One question, if anyone can help, there's a secondary scale on the underside of the lens marked "LZ 8 11 16 22 etc" in red and some distances in green. Just wondering if anyone knows what it's for? Something similar is mentioned in an on-line pdf of the lens brochure, but it's in German and doesn't seem to translate to anything meaningful using on-line facilities.

"LZ" means Leitzahl, the German term for flash exposure setting... ("Guide Number" in English)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guide_number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject: Takumar 1:5.6/200 Reply with quote

Could not resist bidding.
Surprisingly there was little competition and I ended up winning:
Asahi Opt. Co. Takumar 1:5.6/200

It is the early preset version, that is marked "Takumar" and not "Tele-Takumar".
Little dirty, but it seems to be like new... Smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
kypfer wrote:

"LZ" means Leitzahl, the German term for flash exposure setting... ("Guide Number" in English)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guide_number

Understood! - thanks for the translation and explanation Smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staeble Telexon 85 / 5,6

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Takumar 1:5.6/200 Reply with quote

cyberjunkie wrote:

It is the early preset version, that is marked "Takumar" and not "Tele-Takumar".

Yeah, the competition is between the fast lenses most of the times. Looks to me that this lens is quite big for a 5,6 isn't it? Until i found this thread, i would never thought that there were so many preset lenses, apeareantly there was lots of interest in this type of mechanism,which i really like it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Takumar 1:5.6/200 Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
cyberjunkie wrote:

Yeah, the competition is between the fast lenses most of the times. Looks to me that this lens is quite big for a 5,6 isn't it? Until i found this thread, i would never thought that there were so many preset lenses, apeareantly there was lots of interest in this type of mechanism,which i really like it.

It is still a 200mm lens. They don't get much shorter. I have three 200mm lenses that are about this long. This one, Pentax-m 200mm F4 (which is wider 52mm filter) and Prinzflex 200mm F3.3 (62mm filter and very bad wide open). If you want a significantly shorter 200mm lens you need a modern zoom. But that will only be shorter when used at closer focal distances.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kypfer wrote:

The chilli was photographed with a 10mm extension tube at f/5.6 by window light using my Samsung NX5.

Superb definition and colour.
Beautiful.
Tom