Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSC02368 by Mr TTT, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergtum wrote:
DSC02245 by Mr TTT, on Flickr

next photos are taken by Sony a7 with T-22 (from Смена)

DSC02255 by Mr TTT, on Flickr

DSC02250 by Mr TTT, on Flickr

My first camera!!! Got it on my 14 birthday, started to use it extensively one year later, traveling from White See to Black Sea in late 50-early 60-s.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An old Voigtländer skopar 4,5/10,5 cm from 1937.

Konica hexanon 1,7/50 AR, 2nd versión (better than the 1st for my taste)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just added two new lenses:

Leitz Elmarit-R 2.8/28 - I got this lens, probably made around 1980 in finde condition als birthday present from my family.

Leitz Summicron-R 2.0/50 (V2) made in 1989 as one of the last Canadian Summicron-R 50 - I already had V1 since ten years ago and I love it. Both lenses are great but different to each other.

best regards

Timo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Nikon F100 earlier this week and it came with a 70-300 AF-D ED lens. Yeah, it's AF, but it's my most recent lens. I already own a copy of this lens, so this latest one is eBay bound. It'll help reduce the final price of the F100.

Also, I just checked my earlier posts here and realized I've left out a lens I bought last December -- a Canon nFD 80-200mm f/4. This is a two-ring zoom and was always considered by Canon to be their pro-quality tele zoom. It was made in both the earlier breech-lock and later nFD mounts. Opically, the two lenses are identical. Later, Canon introduced its amateur grade nFD 70-210mm f/4, which was always priced much cheaper than the 80-200. I've owned a 70-210 for years, but have used it rarely. After acquiring the 80-200, I was curious about the optical differences between the two lenses, so I put them through a set of comparisons. The result? I found there to be very little difference between the two lenses optically. The 80-200 edged out the 70-210, but it was a very slight difference. Anyway, here's a shot of the nFD 80-200:

A couple of sample shots. The camera is a Sony NEX 7 set to ISO 100.

I like the 80-200's bokeh. I think it does a better job than the 70-210 in this respect.

The 80-200mm f/4 was an expensive lens when new, but can be picked up on eBay these days for very cheap prices. I paid about $20 for mine and it is in solid Exc condition. Well worth the $20 investment. Ironically, I often find the 70-210 selling on eBay for more than the 80-200.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly lenses, but interesting stuff anyway, at least for me ...:

* First a Nikon F4, from the local camera shop (i always wanted to have one), for a mere CHF 120.--, including the 28-85mm Nikkor
* then, of course, i got interested in the F5 ("how much they cost these days ...?") ... and bought one, CHF 190.--
* then there was an F2 nobody else was interested in, for CHF 56.-- including a nice 50mm f2 Nikkor, and finally
* i found an EOS 1 for CHF 50.--

Holy shit ... all within ten days ... Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last few days went with Canon EF 40/2.8. Surprisingly comfortable focal length. Weaned from autofocus, almost all in manual mode. )

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15 Robots all with lenses and 12 additional lenses. This lens was one of the additionals.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you dredge that from?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergtum wrote:

Found on Ebay - MINT (-) (-)
No problems which will affect shooting
Laugh 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wollensak Cine Velostigmat 105mm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Where did you dredge that from?

this rotten lens is acquired for satisfaction of curiosity. I want to sort it. I try various solutions which capable to dissolve oxides. solution of vinegar hasn't given success.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That lens looks like it spent several years at the bottom of a bird cage.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergtum wrote:
http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/201810/9975_DSC02476_1.jpg

unfortunately I couldn't remove solutions oxides of a lens and untwist it. I tried two solutions (vinegar and something from organic chemistry). any solution couldn't cope with huge amount of oxide and rust. therefore I have sawn a lens cover as far as it was possible. lamels of a diaphragm rusted and have formed a uniform opaque whole body in a lens. lamels had to be liquidated. I couldn't restore operability of a helicoid. I left him in the rusted state. I have attached the top group of strongly damaged lenses to a helicoid and have tried to take the picture.

the first test

DSC02553 by Mr TTT, on Flickr

I have three white lenses Jupiter-11 in working order. therefore I take this unsuccessful experiment as a joke.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Asahi-Kogaku Takumar 2.4/58 Reply with quote

From what I have read this is the only Heliar formula lens made for an SLR. One of the lenses produced for the Asahiflex camera. Thirty-seven millimeter thread mount.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice lens! Like 1

where are test photos?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could I resist a chrome nose Vivitar 28 f2.8, nearly mint in it's box with original caps for £10 plus postage?

First picture, wide open on Sony A6000, slight sharpening. I don't think it's a sharp lens, it's a lens of its time. But I think I'm going to like it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7artisans 1.1/50mm Fullframe (Leica M)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mint Minolta MD III 28mm f/2 and near mint Minolta MD III 35mm f/1,8.
Both great lenses. Now I wish I could complete my MD III collection with 24, 85 and maybe 100mm. Unfortunately, they are quite difficult to find and pretty expensive.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMouse wrote:
Mint Minolta MD III 28mm f/2 and near mint Minolta MD III 35mm f/1,8.
Both great lenses. Now I wish I could complete my MD III collection with 24, 85 and maybe 100mm. Unfortunately, they are quite difficult to find and pretty expensive.

At least in Switzerland, these MD-III primes are quite difficult to find. I once saw a MD-III 2/85mm (sold for about CHF/USD 340.--), once a MD-III 2.5/100mm (150.--), and a few MD-III 2.8/24mm (in the 40.-- to 120.-- range). Equally rare and difficult to find are the MD-III 2.8/20mm and MD-III 2.8/200mm lenses, as well as the MD-III 2.8/16mm Fisheye. The MD-III 1.2/50mm is a bit more common (about 300.--), and so is the MD-III 4/100mm Macro. Of course, the MD-III 2/135mm is nearly impossible to find, at least for a reasonable price ...

Stephan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dropped into one of the local charity shops in passing today. Seems like they'd had an influx of photographic equipment.

There was an old Kodak Autographic folder, one of the larger sizes, 116 I think, a Retina 1a which wouldn't open, so I couldn't see which lens was fitted, a boxful of other miscellaneous bits and pieces, including a Nikkor 28mm f/2.8 and a Nikkor 50mm f/2 for £5 the pair Smile

The 50mm looks like it's already been butchered and is probably beyond help, though the glass looks OK, but I think I'll be able to make something out of the 28mm, once I've straightened the filter thread and loosened the focussing helix ... at least the aperture is free and working Smile

Some days you just get lucky !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this informations stevemark.

The 35mm is a fine lens but I'm especially happy with the 28, performs very well and I was lucky to get it for a very reasonable price. Seems almost collectible.
I once had the MD III 85mm f/2, bought for 100 and hardly sold for 120 € because I wasn't very impressed about it's bokeh on APS-C. It was not mint, but I now regret it.

I hope the 24 will have somewhat the same class as the 28 and 35 (2.8 versions are excellent too).
I don't want to spend too much money on them. I'm not stuck to MD III versions as long as the optics are the same. What I like about them is perfect shape and size, good enough build quality, and they are much lighter than their Nikon counterparts.
Price for the 85mm is now about 200-250 €. It's not cheap but if I can find a clean sample for this price, it will be nice.

Just bought another Tamron adaptall 90mm f/2,5 because I had no macro lens anymore.
Not the most exciting thing but it's build like a tank and performs well on both APS-C and FF.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange Tessar 8cm f/2.8 with m42 mount. 17 aperture blades.