Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta MC Celtic 135mm f2.8. I mentioned this lens 8 years ago on the forum, but apparently I never added a copy to my collection. This is the 5/4 version.

I was scanning ebay a few days ago and a really
nice copy came up with original caps.
I got it today. Really happy with the condition, hope to shoot some with it this weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently acquired a couple of 28mm, this should be interesting.

Vivitar Series 1 28/1.9
Soligor C/D P 28/2.0

Both in M42 mount!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
kds315* wrote:
Canon RCA TV lens 3.5" f1.5 - special projection lens for format conversion with iris

I saw this too. I may have bought it if I have extra space for new lenses. Rolling Eyes

Turns out to be quite an interesting lens, was shooting with it yesterday, will post about it here soon...
Here is my album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/sets/72157702052350765
If you see another one, go get it!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aviator wrote:

Vivitar Series 1 28/1.9
Soligor C/D P 28/2.0

Both in M42 mount!

Congrats, the f1.9/28mm is a great find!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aviator wrote:

Vivitar Series 1 28/1.9
Soligor C/D P 28/2.0

Both in M42 mount!
Very tidy! Very jealous Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Minolta MC Celtic 135mm f2.8. I mentioned this lens 8 years ago on the forum, but apparently I never added a copy to my collection. This is the 5/4 version.

I got it today. Really happy with the condition, hope to shoot some with it this weekend.

An interesting and slightly weird "Minolta" lens (i'm sure it wasn't a Minolta). Later Celtic version were simplified original Minolta designs - this one (the 5/4 variant) most probably is not.
Build quality / feeling and weight is quite similar to the Hexar 4/200mm lens (another lens probably not manufactured by the OEM).
In addition the lens engravings on the MC Celtic 2.8/135mm (5/4) are quite different from the typical Minolta style.

I wonder who has been manufacturing that one.

Stephan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the konica AR UC 28mm F1.8

I got all the Konica UC lenses finally.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!! Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the process of putting together a lens kit for an upcoming 5 week trip to Ireland. This will be the sixth year that I've done this trip and I hope to be able to complete a project that I've been working on documenting burial grounds, holy wells and shrines.
This year I will have two Sony A7II bodies and eleven lenses. This sounds like a lot of lenses but there are no zooms and the mix is well thought out. I also only use 4 lenses each day as I'm able to plan what I'm shooting and am based in a cottage where I can leave the stuff I don't need for that day.
Of the eleven lenses only two are 'modern'. The other nine vary from a 100mm f2.8 Trioplan to three Leica R lenses from the 60's.
This is the last part of the puzzle. It just arrived.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rybolt wrote:
I'm in the process of putting together a lens kit for an upcoming 5 week trip to Ireland.

Are you visiting Northern Ireland during your trip?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got Meyer orestor 100mm f2.8 zebra 6blades m42 in good condition. Cost about 30£.
My opinion - very good portrait lens. Sharp. Nice bokeh.

but Smile
I don't know how to add any photo... I'm new here...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to-my wrote:
I got Meyer orestor 100mm f2.8 zebra 6blades m42 in good condition. Cost about 30£.
My opinion - very good portrait lens. Sharp. Nice bokeh.

but Smile
I don't know how to add any photo... I'm new here...

Pretty easy - I'll add some pictures to explain
Tom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
rybolt wrote:
I'm in the process of putting together a lens kit for an upcoming 5 week trip to Ireland.

Are you visiting Northern Ireland during your trip?

Close. We'll be in Dungloe, Donegal for the last three days and will probably go up toward but not all the way to Malin Head.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aviator wrote:

Vivitar Series 1 28/1.9
Soligor C/D P 28/2.0

Both in M42 mount!

I'd bet a good amount of money on the fact that they are optically the same.
Vintage is the same. Maker is the same. The glass looks suspiciously similar...
One is a clue. Three are (almost) a proof.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aviator wrote:

Vivitar Series 1 28/1.9
Soligor C/D P 28/2.0

Both in M42 mount!

That 28 1.9 is a lovely Tokina--congratulations. jt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
walter g wrote:

An interesting and slightly weird "Minolta" lens (i'm sure it wasn't a Minolta). Later Celtic version were simplified original Minolta designs - this one (the 5/4 variant) most probably is not.
Build quality / feeling and weight is quite similar to the Hexar 4/200mm lens (another lens probably not manufactured by the OEM).
In addition the lens engravings on the MC Celtic 2.8/135mm (5/4) are quite different from the typical Minolta style.

I wonder who has been manufacturing that one.

Stephan

One of the reasons I bought it is because it's unique. Well, maybe weird is a better word. I'm just glad to have a copy in my collection.

I've owned the Minolta MC Celtic 200mm f4 for years. The strange thing about this lens is it's listed as a 6/5 design instead of a 5/5.
It's listed weight is 595 grams, which is 75 grams more then the MC X 200mm f4.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally switched to А7rII. At the same time changed some of the old manual lenses for Canon ef 40/2.8. I did not expect that the super cheap AF adapter will work so quickly.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both have excellent glass and slight external wear. The Rikenon has a telltale thorium-brown rear element.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiron 28-210, f4-5,6 macro. for $12.-
Some fungus and sticky aperture. Cured in one evening.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

58mm f1.4 Nikkor. The first Nikon lens I owned in 1976. I used it on an F camera with the first Photomic non-TTL finder. I just got this one on a Nikkorex F camera.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not lens, but lenses....

Pentaka AK16 film camera revolver with: Flektogon 2.8/12.5mm, Biotar 1.4/25mm and the famous and
very sought after Biotar 1.4/50mm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivitar 100mm f/2.8, Tokina made. It is interesting that 15 years ago in Michigan at a photo fair, I declined an offer of $20 for this lens. Now I am buying it from Michigan through Ebay for $20.

So far have Vivitar 100mm f/2.8 by Tokina and by Sun. Need to collect the 100mm macro by Kiron.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked two today. Both ED- 180mm f2.8 and 50-300mm f4.5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta MD Celtic 200mm f4. Lighter then my MC Celtic version, but has built in hood.
Really nice clean lens with original caps.
This lens will get used alot. Really like shooting with a 200mm f4 on M4/3 and APSC.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergun wrote:
Finally switched to А7rII. At the same time changed some of the old manual lenses for Canon ef 40/2.8. I did not expect that the super cheap AF adapter will work so quickly.

Like 1 Like 1

Nice tool there!