Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
I added a Soligor C/D wide-auto 28mm 2.8 (Sn 88xxxxxx) M42 with "macro" and a Minolta MD Celtic 35mm 2.8 to my collection.

Congratulations.
I have the Soligor and found it to be nice. I am curious how you like yours.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will of mentioned a couple of these, but have just been comparing them all, so have a nice list handy of all the lenses I bought in the past month:
Super Tak 50mm f1.4
Super Tak 55mm f1.8
Helios 44M 58mm f2
Super Takumar 28mm f2.8
Pentacon auto 50mm f1.8
Auto Takumar 55mm f2
Yashinon DS-M 50mm f1.7
Mir-1 (1b?) 37mm f2.8
Minolta Auto Rokkor-PF 55mm f1.7
Industar 50 50mm f3.5 (selling)
Industar 61 53mm f2.8 (selling)
Industar 69 28mm f2.8
Jupiter 8 50mm f2
Fujian MK II 25mm f1.8
FM C mount 50mm 1.8
Canon nFD 50mm f1.4 (dud)

Going to sell about half of them after the testing is complete.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BnG_Murphy wrote:

Going to sell about half of them after the testing is complete.

You should teach me how to do that! Smile
A few years ago i stopped buying large format lenses for collection... because I like to be able to acually use the vintage lenses I buy (I couldn't shoot/develop sheet film anymore).
At that time I had at most 40/50 lenses for my Pentax cameras, from the old times. Equally split in two groups: M42 and PK/PKA/PKAF.
Since then I acquired at least 300 more lenses usable on my Pentax cameras, and I couldn't manage to sell a single one, not even a duplicate!
It must be some kind of strange illness Smile
I guess it would be easier to swap them with other optics, but it never happened...

Let's see, last lenses that landed in my hands.
Had them all at once, cause they could not be shipped where I live, so I had them shipped to either my friends/relatives in Italy, or to my wife's family in the USA.

Schneider Tele Xenar f5.6 360mm in C-mount (ought to machine an adapter)
Pentax-A Macro f4 100mm
Tamron Adapall-2 2.5/24mm
Soligor C/D P 2/28mm (M42)
Samyang 1.4/24mm
plus one that does not belong here
Tokina AT-X Pro 280 2.8/28-80mm in PKAF mount

In the meantime I continued to buy Tomioka-made fifties (50mm and 55mm), of different speed, brand and mount.
The last one was a nice Revuenon 1.4/55mm in PK mount that will find the company of the big brother (1.2/55mm).
Now I have all the speeds (1.2; 1.4; 1.7; 1.8; 2) in 50 or 55 FL, either M42 or PK.
The more I try them, the more I like their rendering. Even the cheap old chrome nose f/2 version is a great lens!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Зоркий С" и Индустар-22 "П" КМЗ 1957 года by Mr TTT, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mainly been a selling year so far.

A measly 3 this year . CZ Distagon 21mm 2.8 zf2 leitaxed to A mount as I found the sensor to be testing some old wides. I got it nearly new for a very good price.
Topcor S 50mm f2 LTM in user condition, very cheap and sharp,lovely lens. And last but not least recently the RO2-2M 75mm f2 in Oct 18 mount which I`m looking to adapt to E Mount( any ideas of the best non destructive way appreciated)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZIKAR-1 russian f1.2/100mm mirror lens for space/satellite use

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never had any real macro lenses until recently. Now purchased ) I Will try the macro. Canon nFD 100mm f4 Macro + original extension tube

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

ZIKAR-1 russian f1.2/100mm mirror lens for space/satellite use

Nice! Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very nice old Vivitar (Kiron) 28mm, f2.5 arrived today. Mount is KAR. Box and original paperwork were included. Everything in good shape. It's an automatic lens but I can live with that (no choice anyway). Cost including shipping was 19 bucks.

What is this, from some time in the mid to late 1960's? I think so.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
A very nice old Vivitar (Kiron) 28mm, f2.5 arrived today.

I think it's from mid seventies.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberjunkie wrote:
guardian wrote:

Well, I was wrong and cyberjunkie is right . . . I think.

Received four separate items of original paperwork with the lens, along with the original carton. There is no date on the carton. All items mention Vivitar as being a "subsidiary of Ponder & Best".

The list of international service centers carries a date of 9/1/70.

The Owner's Manual for the lens is dated June of 1972.

But the lens itself has (what seems to me) a rather high serial number. So it easily could be '73, '74, '75 which is much closer to mid seventies than what I was thinking at first. Still a nice old lens, though. But not as much fun as a preset lens from the 1960's would be. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
cyberjunkie wrote:
guardian wrote:

The list of international service centers carries a date of 9/1/70.

The Owner's Manual for the lens is dated June of 1972.

But the lens itself has (what seems to me) a rather high serial number. So it easily could be '73, '74, '75 which is much closer to mid seventies than what I was thinking at first. Still a nice old lens, though. But not as much fun as a preset lens from the 1960's would be. Wink

I don' know what the metal pushbutton on the diaphragm ring is for. I know almost nothing about Konica camera/lenses, I bought two with the aim to convert them to PK, but the shorter register, and the feasibility of such work on the 2/40mm pancake, left them in the gray area of projects that will likely be never done Sad
I barely tried the 40mm and 135mm on m4/3, since then they lie in a drawer...
I can't say I know much more about Vivitar optics Smile Though that pushbutton, the design of the box, and the style of the barrel made me think that the example you bought might be from mid seventies.
There is an interesting page about Vivitar 28mm's lenses:
Robin Parmar's "THE GREAT VIVITAR 28MM BESTIARY"
http://photografica.robinparmar.com/vivitar.html
You'll likely find a few answers there.
I didn' check. Off the top of my head I'd say that the lens you acquired should be the same as other Kiron, Vivitar, Soligor, Panagor objectives with the same specs (f/2.5 28mm). I think that most of them predate your lens.
It's easy to identify because the front element is quite large, definitely larger than later Kino projects.
I have one, for sure older than yours (judging from the way it looks), marked as Panagor.
I found posts praising what I believe to be the same optic, but mine is not so impressive, I guess because such old 28mm's have a high variance one example from the other.
I also believe that Kino improved their coating technology over the years. The newer the better.

EDIT:
After checking the link I provided, I found that there were two variants of the Kino-made 2.5/28mm: one with 62mm filter thread, the other with 67mm. I am almost sure the Panagor I own is almost identical to the M13 in Parmar's page.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest additions:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My latest is a bit of an odball.
A c-mount microscope objective that claims 0.7 to 4x magnification (& LOADS more on a 21" monitor), it was supplied with a 0.5x adapter which ensured it vignettes at all zoom levels.
Removing the adapter & fitting a spare T2 outer enabled it to fit with less of a vignetting issue:
ultra macro lens set up by Mike Kanssen, on Flickr

Connected to MFT via a helicoid adapter there's no viginetting between the 4x & 2x settings, the magnification isn't quite as listed but at maximum zoom 6mm fills the width. This comes into focus with the lens ~9cm from the subject so working distance is impressive!

A boring test shot of an engraved millimeter scale at full magnification can be seen here https://flic.kr/p/29RYyk1 I'll try to get some more interesting shots done with it soon.
I'm compiling test shots in an album https://flic.kr/s/aHskHPvBS5
thought I post the extremes here
max magnification on a $1 bill (sadly not quite square on)
$1 Max zoom test by Mike Kanssen, on Flickr

& infinity focus
infinity focus test - shipping by Mike Kanssen, on Flickr

Last edited by DConvert on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:30 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DConvert wrote:
My latest is a bit of an odball.
A c-mount microscope objective that claims 0.7 to 4x magnification (& LOADS more on a 21" monitor), it was supplied with a 0.5x adapter which ensured it vignettes at all zoom levels.
Removing the adapter & fitting a spare T2 outer enabled it to fit with less of a vignetting issue:
ultra macro lens set up by Mike Kanssen, on Flickr

Connected to MFT via a helicoid adapter there's no viginetting between the 4x & 2x settings, the magnification isn't quite as listed but at maximum zoom 6mm fills the width. This comes into focus with the lens ~9cm from the subject so working distance is impressive!

Who is the maker of this lens?

"...ensure it vignettes..." Guess you mean make sure it does NOT vignette...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

Who is the maker of this lens?

"...ensure it vignettes..." Guess you mean make sure it does NOT vignette...

I don't know the maker it's simply listed as unbranded/generic.
Here's a link to a similar listing https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAX-180X-Zoom-C-mount-Glass-Lens-4-5X-Adapter-F-Industry-Microscope-Video-Camera/141850148016?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D53675%26meid%3Db9db1e9a7941403385443bcf8cea3d31%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D263729117759%26itm%3D141850148016&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851
Not the seller I brought from as they haven't replied to my message of a week ago, and this one now has an identical lens at a lower price. The supplied info seems to be simply a cut & paste job with a little reformatting.

No, I was referring to the original set-up the original adapter which unfortunately made it vignette on MFT at settings where it would not have done with a 1x relay lens. It was sold for C-mount microscopy with 1/2" sensors, where the vignette would not have been an issue. With the revised mounting the vignetting is much improved.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good lens for a little money.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received a Minolta RF 800 mm f 8.0 MD1 (old 48 yellow filter) with everything except the 39mm red filter r60 for a very decent price.
Great stuff: first shots show somewhat low contrast ... but weather very grey, so we'll need to wait for better weather...
Took a picture 10-12 meter away of a rose in the garden... and looking at the picture realised there was a fly (not a bee) in it... you get detail you would have never imagined... (shot with A 6000 so eq 1200 eq...)
Focusing is made easy by thingie pointing out but depth of field is really limited... as one would expect.
Having transferred pictures on computer, they really look good (those properly focused... contrast less average than initially thought) and there is far less donut (some if you pay attention but so much smoother) than with the 500 mm for whatever reason

PS if anybody has the r60 filter 39 mm at a decent price, pm me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the garden... not too bothered... plenty of donuts there

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: mirror lens filter-glass Reply with quote

I do not have any spare 39mm filters , but did notice that Minolta specifies a particular kind of filter for this catadioptric, as it happens, the more expensive ones of their two 39mm varieties.

I have not made any experiments with and without, nor with different filter-glass types. Error margins with air turbulence, possibly changing light, inexact focus and vibrations makes that quite challenging if the differences are subtle.

Since the filter has been calculated into the light path, however, the glass characteristics should be expected to have some measurable impact.

p.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quidam wrote:
A good lens for a little money.

PK or M42?
Another Tomioka/Cosina Revuenon I suppose.
Haven't tried the f/1.7, but I value the f/1.2 above any other fifty of the same speed I tried, and the f/1.4 (I had no time to properly test it) should be quite good too.
I think you'll enjoy it Smile

Recently a few purchases fell through, a couple of recent lenses I want are too expensive for my current finances... and instead of saving some money to cover their cost I end up buying optics I don't need, and are not even in my collector's wish list.
Whatever, I'm sure I will enjoy them nonetheless Smile

Here is one.
Snkyo Kohki Komura f/7 500mm.
Found it complete of everything, even the bag that allows to transport it separated in two pieces.
Reminds me of of a lens that dwarfs this one, the Soligor f/8 800mm, that has a huge quiver for the lens in two pieces... but the lens in itself separates in three parts!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: mirror lens filter-glass Reply with quote

paulhofseth wrote:
I do not have any spare 39mm filters , but did notice that Minolta specifies a particular kind of filter for this catadioptric, as it happens, the more expensive ones of their two 39mm varieties.

I have not made any experiments with and without, nor with different filter-glass types. Error margins with air turbulence, possibly changing light, inexact focus and vibrations makes that quite challenging if the differences are subtle.

Since the filter has been calculated into the light path, however, the glass characteristics should be expected to have some measurable impact.

p.

Thanks a lot. I was already looking for such a filter but indeed, it seems filter for 500 mm is not the same as filter for 800mm/1600mm
Well still have the yellow and orange (which should increase contrast if needed)
(by the way pictures handheld, so may not be perfect...)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
PK or M42?
Haven't tried the f/1.7, but I value the f/1.2 above any other fifty of the same speed I tried, and the f/1.4 (I had no time to properly test it) should be quite good too.
I think you'll enjoy it

The 1.7 is a M42 mount. I can't speak for the 1.2, because I don't own it, but I do have the 1.4 (PK) and that one is better than the 1.7. and one of my favorites.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quidam wrote:
Quote:
PK or M42?
I think you'll enjoy it

The 1.7 is a M42 mount. I can't speak for the 1.2, because I don't own it, but I do have the 1.4 (PK) and that one is better than the 1.7. and one of my favorites.

There was never a Pentax M42 1.2/50mm lens - the M42 mount is too small. One of the several reasons for introducing the PK bayonet was the ability to manufacture large diameter f1.2 lenses.

Stephan