Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
I bought the same lens recently without the conversion though.

I like having the conversion even though my Df supports Non-AI lenses. I try to get the factory kits for all my old Nikons but this one did not have a factory kit. Enjoy your lens.
Pete

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KONICA HEXANON 55MM 3.5 MACRO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete wrote:
Here are pics of the 5.8cm 1.4 including the unusual AI mod

Beautiful lens - congratulations.
I am amazed by how much these can sell for, but they are a work of art.
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete wrote:
uddhava wrote:
I bought the same lens recently without the conversion though.

I like having the conversion even though my Df supports Non-AI lenses. I try to get the factory kits for all my old Nikons but this one did not have a factory kit. Enjoy your lens.
Pete

Thank you, likewise.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

Nice lens with cool bokeh wide open...Not as soft wide open as i've seen people complain about..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2x Apo Telezenitar's 2.8/135mm for comparison purposes, one from 1992, one 1990,
the latter still has the glass from Estonia (Tallin, Tarbeklaas) before they switched to
Russian glass.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon FDn 100mm F2.8.

Bayonet was damaged by a nasty fall.
Took me an hour to overhaul lock mechanism and straighten things up.

Its surprisingly close to fast 35s and 50s in terms of weight and size.
Looking forward to see how it performs.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
2x Apo Telezenitar's 2.8/135mm for comparison purposes, one from 1992, one 1990,
the latter still has the glass from Estonia (Tallin, Tarbeklaas) before they switched to
Russian glass.

Please let us know when you have test results.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a funny one.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanylapep wrote:
I got a funny one.

Certainly unusual to find Pentacon and Oreston on the one lens.
A funny one indeed
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject: Damn I love this lens Reply with quote

Super Takumar 55mm f1.8 which has amazed me so much that other lenses with less character are ruined for me now. E.g. the Nikon 1.4 above (although it was stunning stopped down), Pentax f2 is just meh now, even an 85mm Jupiter couldn't excite me yesterday. Need to find more lenses with character; I have a Mir 1b 37mm ordered from the Ukraine and a Helios 44m back in the UK, but the Helios was nowhere near as good as this Super Tak. Love the size of it too.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Damn I love this lens Reply with quote

BnG_Murphy wrote:
Super Takumar 55mm f1.8 which has amazed me so much that other lenses with less character are ruined for me now. E.g. the Nikon 1.4 above (although it was stunning stopped down), Pentax f2 is just meh now, even an 85mm Jupiter couldn't excite me yesterday. Need to find more lenses with character; I have a Mir 1b 37mm ordered from the Ukraine and a Helios 44m back in the UK, but the Helios was nowhere near as good as this Super Tak. Love the size of it too.

Yes a good lens for sure.
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Damn I love this lens Reply with quote

BnG_Murphy wrote:

Congratulations, I agree it is a very nice lens.
Welcome to the forum.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome BnG_Murphy

You might like the Super-Multi-Coated version better. The coatings improve contrast and flare resistance.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Damn I love this lens Reply with quote

BnG_Murphy wrote:

Yep got the SMC version,super taks makes almost everything else boring,wheni want a more boring but class i shoot zeiss planar/sonnar or flektogon,but you can not go wrong with the super taks,if you haven't got one already grab a 135mm 3.5 cheap and stupid good,that bokeh will ruin other 135's for you Laugh 1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: Damn I love this lens Reply with quote

Mine is a cheap JC Penny 35-105mm f/3.5. This one has lots of siblings, such as Vivitar and Soligor. I regretted to pass a nice Soligor C/D 35-105mm f/3.5 due to slight haze covering the rear element. Will see how it performs.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much about this lens out there, so if anyone has one I am interested in your reactions.
Canon FL 100mm f3.5.
This one is supposed to have some issues so it was very cheap.
I'll see how it paints when it arrives.
T

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today on flea market:
Vivitar by Cosina 28-210/3,5-5.6 . So-so lens.
Vivitar by Tokina 135/2,8.
Soligor c/d 80-200/4,5.

Yesterday:
Kiron 35-135/4,5 mint in box.
Kiron 80-200/4,5 zoomlock mint in box.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Not much about this lens out there, so if anyone has one I am interested in your reactions.
Canon FL 100mm f3.5.
This one is supposed to have some issues so it was very cheap.
I'll see how it paints when it arrives.
T

Interesting lens indeed, looking forward to seeing more Tom!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcomes above. Someone else said to get an Auto Takumar so I ordered one of those at 55mm f2 and another Super Tak at 28mm f3.5. Looks like I need to go back and get an SMC too. Wink But first got an MD adapter arriving tomorrow, so will see if there is anything other than a clean, but apparently vanilla, Minolta MD 50mm f1.7 available locally today.

Edit: ordered the Rokkor 50mm f1.8 for the MD adapter. Looks a bit rough but no fungus.

Last edited by BnG_Murphy on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a few hours ago, I bought a Sigma 600mm f/8 mirror off eBay. I've wanted one ever since I sold the Canon FD mount one back in 1989 when I switched systems to Nikon. I bought that one new in 1983. A few years ago I bought a later model in Canon EOS mount. A nice lens, but optically too soft for my tastes. That early Sigma was an extremely sharp lens. The later one wasn't up to my standards. So I decided to go for this one I just bought because it is an earlier model. This "new" one is actually earlier than the one I bought in 1983 -- I think. When did Nikon come out with its AIs optics? Cuz this Sigma has the half-circle slot cut into the mount indicative of the AIs mount.

It should be here in a few days. I'll report back with photos.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Just a few hours ago, I bought a Sigma 600mm f/8 mirror off eBay. I've wanted one ever since I sold the Canon FD mount one back in 1989 when I switched systems to Nikon. I bought that one new in 1983. A few years ago I bought a later model in Canon EOS mount. A nice lens, but optically too soft for my tastes. That early Sigma was an extremely sharp lens. The later one wasn't up to my standards. So I decided to go for this one I just bought because it is an earlier model. This "new" one is actually earlier than the one I bought in 1983 -- I think. When did Nikon come out with its AIs optics? Cuz this Sigma has the half-circle slot cut into the mount indicative of the AIs mount.

It should be here in a few days. I'll report back with photos.

Nikkor Ai was released around 1977 and this was the earliest use of the cutout slots on the lens mount.
Tom

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning at Good Will store Minolta 58mm f1,4 together with unwanted srT101 camera for $10.
Clean.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulius wrote:
This morning at Good Will store Minolta 58mm f1,4 together with unwanted srT101 camera for $10.
Clean.

Nice condition. Looks like in CT, goodwill stores and flea markets still have some good stuff left. In northern CA, nothing left...Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSC09437 by Mr TTT, on Flickr