Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens too and am very pleased with the results I obtain from it.

Here is a link to a post by Graham about his copy:-

http://forum.mflenses.com/s-m-c-takumar-zoom-85-210mm-f-4-5-t47546.html

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
I have this lens too and am very pleased with the results I obtain from it.

Here is a link to a post by Graham about his copy:-

http://forum.mflenses.com/s-m-c-takumar-zoom-85-210mm-f-4-5-t47546.html

Thanks Edgar.
Graham's post was one of my original sources when I started researching Smile
Cheers
Tom

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Pre-AI Nikkor 80-200mm f/4.5 Reply with quote

Found a pre-AI Nikkor 80-200/4.5 in 'excellent++' condition for less money than the shipping costs. Was actually looking for a 80-200/4, but the f/4.5 is more compact and IMO a better travel companion.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmkmva wrote:
Oldhand,

I recently purchased the Canon FL 200mm f4.5 myself. I was attracted by the size and weight ... And the very low price. I am hoping it is hand holdable on a bright day. I love the A/M switches on the FLs.

I have no prime 200s. If you get a chance, let us know your comparative findings.

Here are some comparisons of the Canon FL 200mm f4.5 with the Canon FDn 200mm f4
First the lenses, then some quick pix.
Not much in it is there.
Tom

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a few lenses in a row, for good prices.
Two of them are very likely to be Tomioka-made, and will soon meet all the other fifties of the same "family'.
My love for "normal" lenses made by Tomioka comes from my deepest appreciation for the first one I acquired long time ago, the Revuenon MC 1.2/55mm. It's still among my top five lenses.
After that I found two chrome-nose 2/50mm (Mamiya and Yashica), that proved to be nice performers.
I realised that there are many different models, both 50mm and 55mm, in various speeds (f/2, f/1.8, f/1.7, f/1.4, f/1.2).
I bought a few of them, and I will try to check how different they are one from the other.
These are he last two:

Auto Chinon 1.4/55mm

Auto Revuenon MC 1.4/50mm

EDIT:
The "look" of the MC version of the Auto Revuenon 1.4/50mm with PK mount reminds me of the long standing question about the collaboration between Cosina and Tomioka.
This lens looks very much Cosina, while others of the same brand look identical to lenses that had the Tomioka name on the beauty ring, or are widely believed to be Tomioka's.
One of the reasons behind these purchases is my curiosity about this matter.
From external examination, I can confirm that the Revuenon 1.2/55mm has the same look of the rear optic as the Tomiokas (including a Cosinon). The Porst 1.2/55mm, on the other hand, looks like the Cosina N (very likely to be a Cosina design).
Slower lenses are more controversial, some 55mm look very much Tomioka. Some 50mm don't, but I can't say much about the different f/1.7 and f/1.8 versions, either 50mm or 55mm.
For sure the focal does not tell anything about the maker. I have this same lens, that looks 100% Tomioka (silver rings, serial starting with 1, etc):
http://forum.mflenses.com/auto-revuenon-50mm-18-t26675.html
I will report my findings, if some lens needs cleaning/regreasing.
I'm very curious about what other people have found...

I also found a nice looking Tele-Xenar 360mm. The optic has a very large coverage cause it was used across formats, from 35mm to 4x5".
This example has a strange C-mount attachment, that looks screwed on another thread.
I have seen the same lens in M42 mount. I have no idea if the C mount is attached to an M42 one, or if there is a "base" attachment (which means that the M42 mount is missing, and I have to find/build one). Any clue?

Schneider Tele-Xenar 5.5/360mm

Last edited by cyberjunkie on Tue May 29, 2018 6:28 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, laid my hands on Canon FDn 35mm F2.

The glass is intact, but lens is in need of immediate repair and full service (worn bushings, hard aperture ring, grease haze, lots of dust).
Wish me luck with that.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now I have Canon FDn 50mm 1.4 too Happy Dog

Stunning condition. I don't know where it spent last 38 years, but it sure was a nice place.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidaho wrote:
Finally, laid my hands on Canon FDn 35mm F2.

The glass is intact, but lens is in need of immediate repair and full service (worn bushings, hard aperture ring, grease haze, lots of dust).
Wish me luck with that.

I wish you all the luck in world. This lens is an absolute PITA and made, as they used to say in the old country, out of crap and twigs. I have one is semi-disassembled state and as of this moment I have no idea how to proceed without high probability of making things worse.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a Tokina 90/2.5 for a very good price 😊😊😊
Will arrive somewhere next week.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had several lenses in the last two months.
nFD 35mm f2 (refurbished , traded with another photographer nfd 28-85, his way he, too, was repaired.)

nFD 50mm f2.0

nFD 85mm f1.8

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summicron-M 90 (ver. III) Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mint Meyer-Optik Telemegor 180mm f/5.5 Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto Miranda macron (yes macron not macro) 3.5

I think it is not common lens, will test it within days when the sun come back !

And a couple of others lenses like zuiki MC 50mm1.4 - X-Fujinon EBC 55mm 1.6 - Minolta MD 35-70 3.5 - MD 28 2.8 - MC 135 2.8 - MC 50mm 1.7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy35 wrote:
Auto Miranda macron

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was waiting for this one, that make me laugh a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I received a Leitz Wetzlar Photar 1:4.5 80mm (macro).

I know what the Photars are but I can find no account of anyone using this one. (The 50mm is probably my best macro lens for the higher magnifications).

About 12 were watching this on Ebay. I let it reach its finish time and be relisted. Then I made an offer, expecting a counter offer but it was accepted.

I hope to try it out during the next few days.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some AF Stuff...

Sony FE 4.0/12-24mm G

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canomatic R 55-135mm F3.5 from late 1963

I found this lens to be more interesting than practical, but got it anyway. I bet many forum readers know how that feels. The Canomatic zoom had a short run from late 1963 to 1964 when it was replaced by the Canon FL 55-135mm f 3.5, which is a different lens. The Canonmatic has 15 elements as shown in the attached diagram from The Canon Camera Museum site. The FL has 13 elements.

I have not been able to find much background or production numbers. In 1963, this lens had a list price in the US of roughly $400 dollars; the discounted price could be as low as $300. Does not sound like a lot, but the sticker price of a new 1963 VW was roughly $1300.

I do not expect this to be a superior performer by today’s standards or even 1970s-1980a standards; we will see. Shown for comparison besides a Nikkor 80-200mm H-C.

Does anyone have experience or knowledge of this Canomatic zoom?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed my two favourite lenses just too much...

Just got Voigtlander SL 90mm 3.5 APO LANTHAR and Voigtlander SL 180mm 4.0 APO LANTHAR

Tuzki with lens

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dane03 wrote:

Just got Voigtlander SL 90mm 3.5 APO LANTHAR and Voigtlander SL 180mm 4.0 APO LANTHAR

Tuzki with lens

You sold them not too long ago, I remember??

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
Today I received a Leitz Wetzlar Photar 1:4.5 80mm (macro).

I know what the Photars are but I can find no account of anyone using this one. (The 50mm is probably my best macro lens for the higher magnifications).

About 12 were watching this on Ebay. I let it reach its finish time and be relisted. Then I made an offer, expecting a counter offer but it was accepted.

I hope to try it out during the next few days.

The old or the new type? Both are listed on my site http://www.macrolenses.de/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Kuribayashi 3.5/35mm + 3.5/135mm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Dane03 wrote:

Tuzki with lens

Right - just to realize I would just miss them too much... it‘s a fight between the ‚rational‘ and the ‚irrational‘...

This time heart won

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dane03 wrote:
kds315* wrote:
Dane03 wrote:

Tuzki with lens

Right - just to realize I would just miss them too much... it‘s a fight between the ‚rational‘ and the ‚irrational‘...

This time heart won

I know that just too well Laugh 1