Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulius wrote:
"Bokina" in good shape for $5 at flee market before yesterday. A few years ago I payed $270 for the same on e-bay. This one with FD Canon bayonet, OK for Sony E mount.

That's why i prefer not to buy on ebay Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flee market is like lottery.
The same day Vivitar Series1, 28-105 came by the mail from e-bay for $14 plus shipment, totally $20., not bad.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulius, let us know what you think of your "new" S1 28-105 after you've had some time to work with it for a while. Made by Cosina, it is generally thought to be not as good of a lens as the lens it replaced, the S1 28-90, built by Komine. I've tested both, though, and I didn't see a whole lot of difference between the performance of the two. Not only that, I have also dismantled both lenses, and while they are actually two entirely different lenses in terms of mechanical and optical construction, they are nonetheless built very similarly -- by that I'm referring to manufacturing techniques, so they are about equally robust. So anyway I'm always curious to find out what others think about lenses I've evaluated.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Paulius, let us know what you think of your "new" S1 28-105 after you've had some time to work with it for a while. Made by Cosina, it is generally thought to be not as good of a lens as the lens it replaced, the S1 28-90, built by Komine. I've tested both, though, and I didn't see a whole lot of difference between the performance of the two. Not only that, I have also dismantled both lenses, and while they are actually two entirely different lenses in terms of mechanical and optical construction, they are nonetheless built very similarly -- by that I'm referring to manufacturing techniques, so they are about equally robust. So anyway I'm always curious to find out what others think about lenses I've evaluated.

Kobori also made one for Vivitar which was a tad slower.
I have been more impressed with the Kobori offerings in Vivitar form than those from Cosina
Kiron Kino also made one (28-105) under their own label, and made a 28-85 for Vivitar as well
Tom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, do you happen to know what the first two numbers are in the Vivitar system for the Kobori made lenses? I've seen some that have a 77 as the first two numbers. Would that be Kobori by any chance?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Tom, do you happen to know what the first two numbers are in the Vivitar system for the Kobori made lenses? I've seen some that have a 77 as the first two numbers. Would that be Kobori by any chance?

Yes Michael, those are the Kobori made Vivitars.
Occasionally you will also see lenses made by Kobori named Koboron. I haven't seen any primes, but Kobori Koboron zooms are out there in small numbers.
More common as a Vivitar though
Tom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JML f1.2 56mm CRT lens

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:

77 indeed for Kobori.
I have an excellent Vivitar 28-200/3,5 made by Kobori, great for landscapes, only flow is - shortest distance is 2,5 meters. But it has a clumsy "macro' option.
The Vivitar Ser.1, 28-105 by Cosina, is OK, visible CA on the ages, however curable with Laightroom.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need to be cleaned, but...
OT-4 200/4

OT-3 135/3

Soviet, naturely Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice find Pierre!! Looking forward to seeing some pics taken with them!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kobori lenses seem to be pretty good in general, the 28-200 and 24-70 are both excellent, seen both as Koborons and several other brands including Vivitar. The 28-200 survived long enough for there to be an AF version of it too.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russian experimental projection lens OKP1-76-1 F = 7.6 cm f2 - most interestingly has a front adjustment ring which I found out that it changes the spherical aberration from undercorrected-neutral-overcorrected (!!!). It has russian standard 62.5mm diameter and focuses to infinity on my modular focusing mount. Here is my lens: http://lens-club.ru/lenses/item/c_7074.html [Merci bien Pierre for finding it!]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Russian experimental projection lens OKP1-76-1 F = 7.6 cm f2 - most interestingly has a front adjustment ring which I found out that it changes the spherical aberration from undercorrected-neutral-overcorrected (!!!). It has russian standard 62.5mm diameter and focuses to infinity on my modular focusing mount. Here is my lens: http://lens-club.ru/lenses/item/c_7074.html [Merci bien Pierre for finding it!]

! Not for keystone adjustment?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
kds315* wrote:

Good joke.... Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picked up a Kalt 135/3.5 preset for $13 in FD (likely FL) mount, it looks exactly like this Lentar(other than the mount), right down to the leather case with the silver name branding though it says KALT.
Optics and mechanicals are in great condition, I hope she's sharp.
T mount I assume.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
kds315* wrote:

Good joke.... Wink

I'm laughing!

Although when used as a camera lens I predict much fun with bokeh, how is that adjustment used for projection? I'm thinking it's fine adjustment for fixing SA caused by tilting the lens. Why does a projection lens have SA adjustment?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a Nikon Medical 120mm f4. (the one with the ring flash)
No driver box for the flash, so I will convert it to LED, and run it from USB.
The glass is in perfect condition, aperture is good. It's also very sharp!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
kds315* wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
kds315* wrote:

Good joke.... Wink

I'm laughing!

Although when used as a camera lens I predict much fun with bokeh, how is that adjustment used for projection? I'm thinking it's fine adjustment for fixing SA caused by tilting the lens. Why does a projection lens have SA adjustment?

Maybe it was never intended to be for projection, who knows...Zeiss / Meyer and others made often prototypes w/o aperture...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricoh 55mm f/1.4 M42 (I think this same lens has been sold under various names and brands)

Made a few quick test snaps, I'm happy with it Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon nFD 1.2/50mm L ... not tested yet, but she looks nice Wink

Stephan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1950s Zeiss Opton Tritotar T 4/85 for Contax RF. I already have a prewar uncoated copy, so nice to have the postwar coated version. Got it very cheap because it was dirty, lots of dust but no fungus. Cleaned up very nicely.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Canon nFD 1.2/50mm L ... not tested yet, but she looks nice Wink

Stephan

Well now - that is a rather splendid outfit
Smile
T

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest (well, some months old) "new" arrival in my collection is an extremely rare

Nikkor 80-200mm 2.8 AIS ED (!). Found its original hood (boxed), its original screw-in cap (boxed)
and its original manual, let it get a professional service to ensure it'll be perfectly fine.

All just to realize that it's too heavy for me (and I cannot use a tripod right now, as on most of my "trips" my little 12month old son is with me to be carried around).
If you're interested, PM

Cannot tell you how much I appreciate this piece of art by nikon, but in comparison to my Nikon Df kit with Voigtländer lenses (SL Series) it's heavier than my whole kit Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
kds315* wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
kds315* wrote:

Good joke.... Wink

I'm laughing!

Maybe it was never intended to be for projection, who knows...Zeiss / Meyer and others made often prototypes w/o aperture...

Then maybe adjustment is for testing with different element groups, those moved by the adjustment. Pop in another group, adjust the CA, check performance...