Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also bought the Nikon Ai 43-86/3.5 zoom lens long time ago. It was also mentioned in Marco Carvina's article. It is a very decent quality lens. I just can't recall how much I paid for it. The compact 35-70/3.3-4.5 zoom was bought together with the FE. It is also a good performer.





PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Nordentro wrote:
Really wanne see this " Nikkor-O lookalike 1.2/56mm in M39 " Wink


It is a copy made by some optical company when Nikon did not make this anymore. there is another company who also made a copy of this lens, as some US gov agency went to the market with a tender to make an identical lens. One of them is supposed to be even sharper than the orginal!!

I will soon have all three lenses here, able to do some comparison test then... Wink


(C) wikimedia


These must be expensive and rare toys! Congratulations!


PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
kds315* wrote:
Nordentro wrote:
Really wanne see this " Nikkor-O lookalike 1.2/56mm in M39 " Wink


It is a copy made by some optical company when Nikon did not make this anymore. there is another company who also made a copy of this lens, as some US gov agency went to the market with a tender to make an identical lens. One of them is supposed to be even sharper than the orginal!!

I will soon have all three lenses here, able to do some comparison test then... Wink


(C) wikimedia


These must be expensive and rare toys! Congratulations!


Meanwhile they have gotten rather rare, years ago, not many people were interested in those Wink


PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This I bought, too ...





PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
stevemark wrote:
kievuser wrote:
Also bought a few Japanese standard zoom lenses of good reputation.


From these three i only know the AiS Nikkor 3.5/35-70mm (62 mm filter thread); i certainly is a good lens (much better than the later AF Nikkor 2.8/35-70mm).
I occasionaly use it for architectural work, since the lens has <1% distortion over the entire zoom range. There are very little CAs as well, and corners are sharp, at least on 24MP FF.

Marco Cavina has some interesting information about the two 3.5/35-70mm Nikkors on his site, albeit in Italian:
http://www.marcocavina.com/articoli_fotografici/Zoom_Nikkor_second_wave/00_pag.htm

These lenses were derived from the earlier Canon FD 2.8-3.5/35-70mm which was groundbreaking indeed ("2 group zoom").
The Canon in turn was based on a huge (and never commercialized) Nikkor Zoom from the early '60s, the Auto Nikkor Wide Zoom 2.8-4/3.5-8.5cm.


Stephan


Many thanks Stephen for those interesting backgroud input. I wish I had learned Italian so that I could read those interesting articles by Mr. Marco Cavina.

I also saw a 25-50/4 the other day at the same location for about 4 times of the price as that of my Ai 35-70/3.5 (about $300 USD). And decided to find more information about it before paying that serious amount of cash.Smile

Zhang


Google translate has already been invented years ago Zhang Wink Wink Wink


PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
kievuser wrote:
stevemark wrote:
kievuser wrote:
Also bought a few Japanese standard zoom lenses of good reputation.


From these three i only know the AiS Nikkor 3.5/35-70mm (62 mm filter thread); i certainly is a good lens (much better than the later AF Nikkor 2.8/35-70mm).
I occasionaly use it for architectural work, since the lens has <1% distortion over the entire zoom range. There are very little CAs as well, and corners are sharp, at least on 24MP FF.

Marco Cavina has some interesting information about the two 3.5/35-70mm Nikkors on his site, albeit in Italian:
http://www.marcocavina.com/articoli_fotografici/Zoom_Nikkor_second_wave/00_pag.htm

These lenses were derived from the earlier Canon FD 2.8-3.5/35-70mm which was groundbreaking indeed ("2 group zoom").
The Canon in turn was based on a huge (and never commercialized) Nikkor Zoom from the early '60s, the Auto Nikkor Wide Zoom 2.8-4/3.5-8.5cm.


Stephan


Many thanks Stephen for those interesting backgroud input. I wish I had learned Italian so that I could read those interesting articles by Mr. Marco Cavina.

I also saw a 25-50/4 the other day at the same location for about 4 times of the price as that of my Ai 35-70/3.5 (about $300 USD). And decided to find more information about it before paying that serious amount of cash.Smile

Zhang


Google translate has already been invented years ago Zhang Wink Wink Wink


Thanks! But I thought Google was blocked in China? I tried Baidu. It was better than nothing. Wink


PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
This I bought, too ...





That is HOLY GRAIL! Whoo Turtle Like 1


PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful. Whew, Nikon mount even. That thing's worth more than my old car. Most of my guitars.


PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Beautiful. Whew, Nikon mount even. That thing's worth more than my old car. Most of my guitars.


Thanks guys! Well, I was lucky and bought it at a very good price, about half the current ebay price level.
Won't get that much car or guitar for that Wink Wink Wink


PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Klaus,
14000 posts - and then these lenses - it is already christmas for you?


PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

56 DIN wrote:
Hi Klaus,
14000 posts - and then these lenses - it is already christmas for you?


Had overlooked that, but well, "let it be Christmas for me then!" good reason to celebrate!!


PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well known lens.



PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voigtländer Heliar Hyper Wide VM 5.6/10mm asph. (fullframe). Insane perspective!


PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanylapep wrote:
Well known lens.


Nice hood, i just finished a full tutorial for the Tair 11, it should be posted soon on the verybiglobo site soon.

Tomas


PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1


Agfa Color MC 2.8/135mm

Rathenower Optische Werke Neokino 1.6/120mm System Busch (a gift)

Agfa Color MC 1.4/50mm


PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

others lenses for testing on A7, very very cheap, nobody want these Laughing

sankor F3.5 135mm



Sun 38-90 f3,5 - sun 70-210 f4


PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:
vanylapep wrote:
Well known lens.


Nice hood, i just finished a full tutorial for the Tair 11, it should be posted soon on the verybiglobo site soon.

Tomas


Nice, can't wait to see the tutorial. I actually dropped the lens on the floor and the hood hit concrete and got a bend (so if you look top down, it does not form a perfect circle). I wonder if it's possible to straighten it back?


PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy35 wrote:
others lenses for testing on A7, very very cheap, nobody want these Laughing
sankor F3.5 135mm
Sun 38-90 f3,5 - sun 70-210 f4


Not bad lenses though.


PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeiss Ikon Ernostar f1.8 / 100mm


PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re Ernostar - I assume the projection lens!
If its the Ermanox one ...


PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Re Ernostar - I assume the projection lens!
If its the Ermanox one ...


I'm not THAT rich Luis!! ... Wink


PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



today in perfect timing from Santa Claus Smile


PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a fit of insanity I just got 4 of the cheapest most crappiest ~50s from the eastern block: Industar I-62 52/2.8, Jupiter 8 50/2.0, Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 50/2.8 and Meyer Optik Görlitz Domiplan 50/2.8. The first two I already had at one time before but either sold or broke (and they're not really that bad) but the other two are new to me. I expect the Domiplan to be absolutely horrible. Laughing I will test these against my other eastern block normals (Industar 50/3.5 and CZJ Pancolar 50/1.8 ) to see which one comes out on top. Very Happy


PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miran wrote:
In a fit of insanity I just got 4 of the cheapest most crappiest ~50s from the eastern block: Industar I-62 52/2.8, Jupiter 8 50/2.0, Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 50/2.8 and Meyer Optik Görlitz Domiplan 50/2.8. The first two I already had at one time before but either sold or broke (and they're not really that bad) but the other two are new to me. I expect the Domiplan to be absolutely horrible. Laughing I will test these against my other eastern block normals (Industar 50/3.5 and CZJ Pancolar 50/1.8 ) to see which one comes out on top. Very Happy


I have shot the first two with film on my Zorki 6 and found them to be nice lenses. I also have a few Tessars, I like them. They are nice and sharp. I still haven't reached a high enough level of insanity to buy a Domiplan though. Wink


PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just purchased a sigma fish eye 16mm f 2.8 for a hundred £. Min focus is 15 cm which is fun. Don't know about quality but built seems robust.
Was actually looking for a Minolta fish eye but did not want to exceed 200£. Tried a few offers but to no avail so went for this one as it was a good price. Hundred Pound enough for a special effect lens like this. Fun at circa min distance with flowers in the sun.