Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ERA-15 4.5/125mm russian highest resolution microchip making lens (center 400lpm = 200lppm)
which completes my set of those relatively rare lenses (ERA-7, ERA-12, ERA-13, ERA-14)

History/data is here: http://www.photohistory.ru/1466655600135533.html

Our member Pierre also has this lens (see his BLOG): http://pierretizien-photos.blogspot.fr/p/era-15.html

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:

Prices for the latest MD IF version (7l/5g) of 150 to 200 Euro sound reasonable at least here in Europe. I've paid Euro 180 almost 15 years ago in mint condition from a photo dealer in Germany. US and Japan prices are usually lower.
The older MC version (6l/6g) is a different lens and not as good as the newer MD lens with LD glass.

The MD 4.5/300mm certainly has lots of CAs, even stopped down. It does not have less CAs than the Canon FD / nFD 4/300mm (without "L"!) or most other 300mm lenses without ED / AD / ULD glass Wink

Stephan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,
It seems that your evaluation of the MD 300 f 4.5 with the Nex 5: ( http://artaphot.ch/minolta-sr/objektiv-vergleiche/339-nex-5n-und-minolta-300mm-teleobjektive ) was much better than with the A7.
Moreover, the pictures you include in this review look much better with the new MD 4.5 than with the old MC .5 especially in the corner (of the APS-C).

Could it be a difference between FF and APS-C? Or lens variation?

You wrote: In 1978/79 Minolta introduced its second series of MD lenses. Most of them were substantially smaller and lighter than their precursors. The new MD 4.5/300mm IF was only 710g. It has internal focusing (IF). Two lenses are shifted separately using mechanisms usually found in zoom lenses. The new 4.5/300mm IF is remarakbly free of LoCAs at full aperture (left images). It can be used wide open even on 16MP APS cameras. At f8 the microcontrast increases, especially in the center, and lateral CAs become more pronounced.

The new 4.5/300mm IF certainly is a pleasure to use: Much lighter, much easier to focus, and with a much better close focus (3 m instead of 4.5 m). However, its IF focusing mechanism is prone to wearing, and some MD 4.5/300 mm IF are visibly and reversibly de-centered after years of professional use.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had an anecdotic, but very lucky purchase recently.
Was visiting a friend in a small city in Netherlands. While walking around city center, went into camera shop, just for curiosity. Nothing special to see, but they had stand with used camera lenses and equipment, mostly common trombone style manual zooms for nikon/canon fd, for rocketry prices. But there was a lens, which was lying sideways, so no marking can be seen, but it was M42 and costed only 3 euro. I decided to buy it, no matter what it is, just to have something from that shop. I asked sales lady to give it to me, and also asked, why it is so cheap? She said, this is very old lens, no camera can use it, so no one buys it for a long time, so they want to get rid of it. OK, gimme it, I said. She asked again - this is old lens and can't be used on modern cameras, are you sure? I said - go on. And for 3 euros, I became owner of one most sought M42 lens ever Very Happy guess which one? Smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CuriousOne wrote:
Was visiting a friend in a small city in Netherlands. While walking around city center, went into camera shop, just for curiosity. Nothing special to see, but they had stand with used camera lenses and equipment, mostly common trombone style manual zooms for nikon/canon fd, for rocketry prices. But there was a lens, which was lying sideways, so no marking can be seen, but it was M42 and costed only 3 euro. I decided to buy it, no matter what it is, just to have something from that shop. I asked sales lady to give it to me, and also asked, why it is so cheap? She said, this is very old lens, no camera can use it, so no one buys it for a long time, so they want to get rid of it. OK, gimme it, I said. She asked again - this is old lens and can't be used on modern cameras, are you sure? I said - go on. And for 3 euros, I became owner of one most sought M42 lens ever Very Happy guess which one? Smile

Please, pleeeeease don't tell! Unless you want to risk making a bunch of grown men cry. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CuriousOne wrote:
But there was a lens, which was lying sideways, so no marking can be seen, but it was M42 and costed only 3 euro. I decided to buy it, no matter what it is, just to have something from that shop. I asked sales lady to give it to me, and also asked, why it is so cheap? She said, this is very old lens, no camera can use it, so no one buys it for a long time, so they want to get rid of it.

A camera shop in NL that does not know there are adapters for sale for the most adapted lens mount available?? Weird...... (at least...) i wonder in which little village this was.....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CuriousOne wrote:

A 3 euros trioplan perhaps
Well I can dream I suppose Smile
T

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting story!
Anxious to hear what lens it is.

My latest lens was a Micro-NIKKOR-P Auto 1.3.5 f=55mm. It is my first standard macro lens.
Now I need to buy an adapter to reach 1:1 magnification.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "village" was Deventer, and shop was the one, that is on the right hand on the main square, next to cheese store, forgot it's name Smile
I've instantly sold that lens for $400 to my CN customer.... It is Japanese lens, but with French sounding name...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CuriousOne wrote:
The "village" was Deventer, and shop was the one, that is on the right hand on the main square, next to cheese store, forgot it's name Smile
I've instantly sold that lens for $400 to my CN customer.... It is Japanese lens, but with French sounding name...

Ringfoto Hekkert.

I can't believe they'd be that stupid, honestly.....

There are also many dutch photo and lens collectors who search shops for old stuff, if this is true you are a very lucky man!

Still wonder what that lens is though!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, after that luck, I've raided whole city for another stores with such interesting items, but no more luck Smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Foto-Quelle/Revue lens?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Revuenon F1.2 Smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CuriousOne wrote:
Yep, Revuenon F1.2 Smile

Absolutely astonishing pickup for 3€

Like 1

But that lens was a keeper for life! I never would have sold it.

Item, now gone, was testament to your unimpeachable lens brilliance. Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3eu? I really doubt any legitimate photo dealer would sell an f1.2 lens for that, I really doubt that they couldn't sell an f1.2 lens either.

Did you take a picture of the lens with the 3eu price sticker on it?

I would have as no-one would believe me otherwise.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great find.
I have the Revuenon 55mm f1.2 and it is in PK mount.
I didn't know there was an M42 version.
Great lens
Tom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
ERA-15 4.5/125mm russian highest resolution microchip making lens (center 400lpm = 200lppm)
which completes my set of those relatively rare lenses (ERA-7, ERA-12, ERA-13, ERA-14)

History/data is here: http://www.photohistory.ru/1466655600135533.html

Our member Pierre also has this lens (see his BLOG): http://pierretizien-photos.blogspot.fr/p/era-15.html

Congratualtions! My Chinese microchip lenses of 1960-70's say ‘hello'! And a price reference found on the web of this type of lenses for some Japanese ones.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm shopping for a Minolta 58mm f/1.2, anyone knows if it's possible that the 2nd version with metallic raised knuckles can have the non radioactive optics and the latest "red/brown" coating reflection (instead of "green/yellow") similarly to the 3rd rubber version?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voigtlander Color-Skoparex in M42. Rebadged Zeiss Distagon, I wanted an M42 one so I could use it on my a850.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one
Smile
T

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2.5/135? I'm interested to see some samples when you shoot them. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
2.5/135? I'm interested to see some samples when you shoot them. Smile

Yes that is the one - Pentax K version of course.
Not here yet but I will post images when I have made them
T

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the M version of the 3.5/135 and thought it was a really good lens, had a load of 3d pop and was really sharp. I sold it along with my other Pentaxes because you just can't keep everything.

If the 2.5 is better than the 3.5 then it will be a great lens indeed. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose I have to confess that I have bought a zebra Domiplan 50 / 2.8 Rolling Eyes reputedly the worst lens ever made according to some? but I will give it the benefit of the doubt until it proves to live up to its dismal reputation. But in my defence, it came with other stuff, including the mint Praktica Nova ( series 1 ) the whole thing, in its leather case looks unused. Perhaps the Domiplan is that bad?

There's more....a Pentax P30 and SMC 50 / 1.7 that is lovely except for the plastic bit on the wind lever is missing, mint lens though. And the Olympus OM 20 with its 50 / 1.8. Sadly the lens has fungus, it might clean? but I've already got three of them. The camera should scrub up nicely, if it works with a new battery?

However....the deal might just have been worth the whole £15 outlay to OXFAM at one of the charity shops just for the Minolta AF 10X25 5.2 binoculars, in perfect condition with original leather case - if they work once there's a battery in them. Apparently the auto focus system is the same as the Minolta Maxuum cameras, it's a nice bit of kit.

A Pentax with a bit missing but a nice lens, an Olympus that looks as though it's been rescued from a dog kennel with a fungused lens, a set of electric binoculars that might still work, another nice Praktica and a bloody Domiplan! they must love me in the charity shops..Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Domiplan could be anywhere from 'like something that fell out of a dog's arse' to 'surprisingly good' it depends how demotivated the communist comrade who put it together was feeling that day.

Those Zuiko 1.8/50s are buggers to get open if it's the front half that has the fungus, but when clean it's one of the best 50s imho.

I really like the Pentax-M 1.7/50, sold mine because you just can't keep everything unless you like in a much larger house than I do!